Knicks Starting Lineup If They Get Melo?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Hey guys, i'm just curious how you see the Knicks setting up their starting lineup if the proposed trade for Melo goes through and the Knicks lose only really Chandler. With Galo playing SF and melo coming over how would u handle it?

Hey guys, i'm just curious how you see the Knicks setting up their starting lineup if the proposed trade for Melo goes through and the Knicks lose only really Chandler. With Galo playing SF and melo coming over how would u handle it?

Thats the question of the day. Heck the question of the season...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It would probably depend on the match-up and Mozgov's development. D'Antoni is not shy about rotating different starting lineups.

Gallo has stated several times he wouldn't mind coming off the bench and would do whatever the coach wants him to do to help the team (refreshing to hear from a 20 ppg scorer).

I could see Felton, Fields, Melo, Stat, Mozgov being the primary starting lineup with Gallo getting significant minutes off the bench and Moz only playing 20-25 minutes.

Against the smaller teams D'Antoni may start Felton, Fields, Gallo(SF), Melo(PF) and Stat(C).

Maybe Gallo starts at SG some games too??

It would probably depend on the match-up and Mozgov's development. D'Antoni is not shy about rotating different starting lineups.

Gallo has stated several times he wouldn't mind coming off the bench and would do whatever the coach wants him to do to help the team (refreshing to hear from a 20 ppg scorer).

I could see Felton, Fields, Melo, Stat, Mozgov being the primary starting lineup with Gallo getting significant minutes off the bench and Moz only playing 20-25 minutes.

Against the smaller teams D'Antoni may start Felton, Fields, Gallo(SF), Melo(PF) and Stat(C).

D'antoni is salivating at playing Gallo at the two. Especially if Moz is gonna man the C spot. I actually think gallo at the 2 would be a mismatch in our favor every night.

Gallo has proven he can gaurd smaller players fairly well. No 2 will be able to gaurd him.

iSaYughh

Starter

100. Agree with all that. That three-headed approach to the lineup will be lethal, and fit our current team (with it's bigs, or lack of, and our developing played). Ideally, we can get another guy to rotate in the 5 with Moz, and let Turiaf (or a Turiaf replacement) spell the 4 primarily.

Deandre Jordan would be ideal. Cost will vary. Glen Davis, too. Replacing Turiaf with Davis, and adding Deandre Jordan (or Perkins) would be tremendous.

iSaYughh

Starter
D'antoni is salivating at playing Gallo at the two. Especially if Moz is gonna man the C spot. I actually think gallo at the 2 would be a mismatch in our favor every night.

Gallo has proven he can gaurd smaller players fairly well. No 2 will be able to gaurd him.

It could be extremely potent. Fields would become a great backup then to the 2, and 3.

Felton
Gallo
Melo
STAT
Moz
6th Fields

welcometonycity

Rotation player

Na bro Gallo is 6'11.

Felton, Fields, Melo, Gallo, Stat.

Moz will sub for Stat or Gallo when they are tired or in foul trouble.

Having Stat at the 4 (his natural position) could be very dangerous also.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Starting line-up should be:

• Felton
  • Fields
  • Melo
  • Amar'e
  • Mozgov/Turiaf
BUT -- knowing D'Antoni, it would be:

• Felton
  • Fields
  • Galli
  • Melo
  • Amar'e
The latter line-up may work against smaller teams, but would be crushed by the Lakers and Celtics. SMH at the idea of Melo trying to guard Garnett.

I think Galli would be an excellent spark off the bench, especially if he is the focal point of the offense. I can see him putting up his 16 with ease if he is the main guy on the floor. I've actually thought D'Antoni should be doing this for awhile. Put Chandler in at the three spot, and move Galli to the 6th man off the bench.

Na bro Gallo is 6'11.

Felton, Fields, Melo, Gallo, Stat.

Moz will sub for Stat or Gallo when they are tired or in foul trouble.

Having Stat at the 4 (his natural position) could be very dangerous also.

I understand that. But he's also our best shooter, coaches pet, and the coach promotes mismatches.

Not to mention Fields game is tailor made to come off the bench. He can play the 2 or 3 and still get his 30 min.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I understand that. But he's also our best shooter, coaches pet, and the coach promotes mismatches.

Not to mention Fields game is tailor made to come off the bench. He can play the 2 or 3 and still get his 30 min.

i agree with you too on him at the 2 being a mismatch.

but u gotta think like D'ant in this situation.

all our best players/runners/scores on the court at once. lol

i agree with you too on him at the 2 being a mismatch.

but u gotta think like D'ant in this situation.

all our best players/runners/scores on the court at once. lol

But he also wants his 5 best players to start. I think Moz is the starter, and he should be. So you gotta figure he wants his best shooter on the court to start. Especially since he has shown he is capable of gaurding smaller players. Talk about lanes to the basket for Melo, Stat, and Felton? Look out.

KBlack25

Starter
I think down the stretch if we need points we will see Felton Gallo Melo STAT with probably Turiaf. But to start games I don't see Gallo cracking the starting lineup. Not that it's a huge deal, Gallo prob. would see the same or a similar # of minutes.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer

I would do.

Going Small
Felton
Fields
Gallo
Melo
STAT

Going Big,
Felton
Gallo
Melo
Stat
Mozzy/Turiaf

Wargames

Starter
i think to many of you have Gallo as a starter in to many scenarios. Dude is nice but with Melo there he could honestly find himself playing a sixth man role. and If he keeps up with what he has been doing lately dude could become that great 6th man player all great teams need to succeed.

i think to many of you have Gallo as a starter in to many scenarios. Dude is nice but with Melo there he could honestly find himself playing a sixth man role. and If he keeps up with what he has been doing lately dude could become that great 6th man player all great teams need to succeed.

But the same could be said for Fields. Probably even more so him.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If the trade went down as rumored (keeping Gallo and Fields), and Moz continues to develop, how far could that team go this year?

Maybe Conference Finals is what I'm thinking. A Moz/Amare frontcourt could be very good, better than Miami's front court. With Melo, Gallo and Felton?? Could be pretty nice.

If the trade went down as rumored (keeping Gallo and Fields), and Moz continues to develop, how far could that team go this year?

Maybe Conference Finals is what I'm thinking. A Moz/Amare frontcourt could be very good, better than Miami's front court. With Melo, Gallo and Felton?? Could be pretty nice.

If Moz keeps developing, and we add a fringe big, I really don't see how teams will defend us well. Fields would thrive and Gallo, if he continues to augment his game, what 2 could gaurd him? He's officially wildin right now. And who can gaurd melo and stat? Too many 1 on 1's to deal with. Sky would be the limit imo

iSaYughh

Starter

To the finals.

STAT staying fresher (Moz), more dominant (Melo effect), especially in closing gamers out. Plus, the singular improvement of Melo vs Chandler.

Assuming: Moz to be a consistent 15min/game C; healthy Turiaf; Gallo's ascendency,

no team in the nba would scare me in a series, to point of "meh, hopefully it's at least entertaining"

I'd expect con finals, and hope, not unrealistically for a finals birth.

Imagine a MIA-NYK series....this year. Speachless.