Giving up Felton

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
It sucks that in order for us to get Carmelo we basically have to give up one of our best players. I know Melo and Billups are probably better then Felton, but he wanted to be here and has good chemistry with the team. I am really sad to see him go. He is one of my favorite Knicks of all-time...Shit he's been on the team half a season. Has he had the same effect on anyone else?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
It sucks that in order for us to get Carmelo we basically have to give up one of our best players. I know Melo and Billups are probably better then Felton, but he wanted to be here and has good chemistry with the team. I am really sad to see him go. He is one of my favorite Knicks of all-time...Shit he's been on the team half a season. Has he had the same effect on anyone else?

easy there buddy. dont get too excited. in fact, dont get excited at all. melo is NOT coming to the knicks. for the thousandth time. he'll probably go to the nets and we'll be left in despair again

skisloper

Starter

Felton came to the knicks because he would be the starter and earn 7 milion per....

For US he was a Rental for 2 years. If he can be used to get Melo that I 100% back it and commend Walsh for making it happen......

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Felton is part of why this team is back in the Playoffs. I want him to stay here past two seasons. He just needs a back-up for rest. THINK ABOUT IT. He isn't injury prone, he's tough, and he's young. He's still developing. We can have to maxes, and use the rest on Felton and another good player.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea, I'm not sure why people think we can keep Felton and Gallo if we're to have Melo and then go after someone in 2012...we'd have to lose both players. And if Donnie is still w/ the organization and is as shrewd in his preparations for the summer of 2012 as he was for the summer of 2010...we're not going to have either player much longer. So it really shouldn't matter all that much if they get moved in this deal or renounced/let got as a FA in a year and a half.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I'm a fan of Felton and Gallo but if they have to go along with Randolph and Mozgov and Chandler to get arguably the best pure scorer in the league, then yeah I'm good with that.

Once you get a team that has Amar'e and Melo on it, you get players believing that team can win it all and then you get role players cueing up to be on that team. It's simple, there's not one player out of that trade we can't replace other than perhaps Fields who I think has the potential to be something special.

We're giving up a possible distant future for the NOW and near future. You live in the past, you get burned, you live too far in the future, you get burned.

Get this trade done if we can (just don't give up Fields!)

KingofNy

Starter
I'm a fan of Felton and Gallo but if they have to go along with Randolph and Mozgov and Chandler to get arguably the best pure scorer in the league, then yeah I'm good with that.

Once you get a team that has Amar'e and Melo on it, you get players believing that team can win it all and then you get role players cueing up to be on that team. It's simple, there's not one player out of that trade we can't replace other than perhaps Fields who I think has the potential to be something special.

We're giving up a possible distant future for the NOW and near future. You live in the past, you get burned, you live too far in the future, you get burned.

Get this trade done if we can (just don't give up Fields!)

You couldn't be more right... I agree 100%!

Hayato

Benchwarmer
the knicks have to get the love for their young guys out of their head...the lakers put role players around gasol, kobe, and bynum, and now look at them. the celtics put average roleplayers around their 3 guys (and rondo) and now look at them, the heat have mostly trash (except miller) around their 3 and look at them. once u have a couple superstars, the skys the limit

KingofNy

Starter
the knicks have to get the love for their young guys out of their head...the lakers put role players around gasol, kobe, and bynum, and now look at them. the celtics put average roleplayers around their 3 guys (and rondo) and now look at them, the heat have mostly trash (except miller) around their 3 and look at them. once u have a couple superstars, the skys the limit

I don't get it either. It's like people fall for these guys just because we're above .500 this season and aren't a bottom 5 team. People here need to look at the future and stop worrying about this season. We suffered through 3 years trying to fix Isiah's mess to get these stars and now some fans want to give it all up for some "rental" role players. Give me a break and wake the f*ck up people!!!

Thanks for the few good games and the mostly inconsistent play from Gallo and Felton. Good luck in Denver. MELO OR BUST!!!

I don't get it either. It's like people fall for these guys just because we're above .500 this season and aren't a bottom 5 team. People here need to look at the future and stop worrying about this season. We suffered through 3 years trying to fix Isiah's mess to get these stars and now some fans want to give it all up for some "rental" role players. Give me a break and wake the f*ck up people!!!

Thanks for the few good games and the mostly inconsistent play from Gallo and Felton. Good luck in Denver. MELO OR BUST!!!

Now we're talking

petescud

Starter
Any team that has to gut their lineup to get Melo is insane IMO....Melo can't win on his own....He's a great offensive player. Period. Nothing else. We put up 100+ points a game. I could care less if he comes. NJ if they have to gut their team to get him, will suck even more so...lol

Favourite Knick of all time?????

Are you serious buddy?

THe guy has played just over 40 games for us...you're talking like he's been here for 10 years and been playing like Allan Houston or Clyde Frazier.

Felton is not bad, but he's not even in the top 50 Knick players of all time.

STAT1

Starter
If this trade gets done you won't miss Felton too much once the playoffs come around Chauncey Billups isn't called "Mr. Big Shot" for nothing. Do not fear change, change is good! :)

skisloper

Starter
I really didn't want to give up felton but donnie should just pull the trigger on any deal that doesn't involve Fields.

The deal right now does include Fields....
People seem to be pissed at Walsh but
if the deal is Billups and Melo ( thrown in 2 players )
for
Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Felton and a 1st rounder
do we do it ?

another words this deal or no Melo

The deal right now does include Fields....
People seem to be pissed at Walsh but
if the deal is Billups and Melo ( thrown in 2 players )
for
Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Felton and a 1st rounder
do we do it ?

another words this deal or no Melo
Actually in recent reports it says they want Gallo,felton,1st round pick,and one more starter.they didn't Fields specifically that can be chandler or moz for all we know

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Actually in recent reports it says they want Gallo,felton,1st round pick,and one more starter.they didn't Fields specifically that can be chandler or moz for all we know

Yeah I thought they had Curry as part of the deal as well.

Nuggets get:

1st round pick
C Curry
F Gallonari
G Felton
and possibly Moz

Knicks get:

F Anthony
G Billups
and a throw in player or two

We have to trade Gallo if he is the one holding it up.. A few of the proposed deals I've seen look pretty fair. I've been wondering why we turned some of them down

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
If we give up Felton I want usable pieces back, not junk but guys that either we can trade or that fill a need...

I heard that Balkman would be involved in the deal with the Nets, so wonder if he would be part of the deal with the Knicks....