All-Carmelo Weekend

NYKnicks15

Starter
I know there is 1500 threads on this topic already. but with All-Star Weekend hype getting much larger I figured what the hell lets have one last official Carmelo trade talk thread.

From what I'm hearing Carmelo is simply waiting to speak with Dolan regarding his want for his services and that they aren't out of the race to get acquire him. He will have the chance to hear this this coming Sunday according to sources.. Is it just me? or does anyone else get scared when they hear that the fate of something this large is in the hands of the bumbling James Dolan? I'm not saying Carmelo is easily influenced but if I had a meeting with Dolan.. and the next one with Prokohorov & Jay-Z... I'd personally feel all will be much well with the Nets.

Now as far as latest rumors regarding what the Nuggets want. We have to face the facts that Denver does NOT want to give Carmelo what he wants all along. They will grant him at trade out of Denver but at the end of the day they dont want to deal with us. I think more out of spite than anything else.

According to sources the deal with the Nets would have Chauncey, Renaldo, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely & Carmelo Anthony going to NJ for Uzoh, Murphy, Harris and Favors along with 4 first round picks. (Nets want extra picks so they can get rid of the Murphys contract asap).

I was all for waiting to sign Melo in the offseason. With the ball still in our court I was hoping that'd still be an option. As it stands now.. that isnt an option any longer. No matter what the Nets say, they are very much in this race and Carmelo will end up somewhere as early as Monday. With that being said, I never wanted to clean house for Carmelo as I feel a two superstar team with fillers will get crushed by a pro cohesive 7 man roster any day. but!!! we have to start looking further down the line...

With Carmelo we wont be able to afford retaining Gallinari, Chandler or even Douglas. So right there, they should all be available. Our main goal is to have a Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire tandem and with Raymond Felton (who expires before Paul is FA) we have a guy who wed let walk for nothing anyways. So he automatically becomes available.

If we offer in some fashion

Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, bill Walker, and possibly Kelenna Azubuike and in return recieve Carmelo Anthony, Renaldo balkman, Chauncey Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter. I think a deal can get down.

Do we ruin our long term plans? NO. Chauncey expires in time. Renaldo is a solid defensive minded backup that we all appreciated while here and we lose young talent that either hasnt played a minute for us or we couldnt afford to retain down the road.

Turiaf/Mozgov
Stoudemire/Williams
Anthony/balkman/Williams
Fields/Rautins/Mason
billups/Douglas

Theyd end up sending Curry/Randolph and some change to Wolves reportedly and recieve a 1st round pick and a PTD. While retaining a lineup that has Nene/Martin/Chandler/Smith/Felton with Galinari and Randolph off the bench. While we can use our MLE to get a defensive big in the offseason like Dalembert.

Either way this works out a deal will be made in such. Seeing the facts of our future goals hopefully we dive in and get this deal done.

skisloper

Starter
I know there is 1500 threads on this topic already. but with All-Star Weekend hype getting much larger I figured what the hell lets have one last official Carmelo trade talk thread.

From what I'm hearing Carmelo is simply waiting to speak with Dolan regarding his want for his services and that they aren't out of the race to get acquire him. He will have the chance to hear this this coming Sunday according to sources.. Is it just me? or does anyone else get scared when they hear that the fate of something this large is in the hands of the bumbling James Dolan? I'm not saying Carmelo is easily influenced but if I had a meeting with Dolan.. and the next one with Prokohorov & Jay-Z... I'd personally feel all will be much well with the Nets.

Now as far as latest rumors regarding what the Nuggets want. We have to face the facts that Denver does NOT want to give Carmelo what he wants all along. They will grant him at trade out of Denver but at the end of the day they dont want to deal with us. I think more out of spite than anything else.

According to sources the deal with the Nets would have Chauncey, Renaldo, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely & Carmelo Anthony going to NJ for Uzoh, Murphy, Harris and Favors along with 4 first round picks. (Nets want extra picks so they can get rid of the Murphys contract asap).

I was all for waiting to sign Melo in the offseason. With the ball still in our court I was hoping that'd still be an option. As it stands now.. that isnt an option any longer. No matter what the Nets say, they are very much in this race and Carmelo will end up somewhere as early as Monday. With that being said, I never wanted to clean house for Carmelo as I feel a two superstar team with fillers will get crushed by a pro cohesive 7 man roster any day. but!!! we have to start looking further down the line...

With Carmelo we wont be able to afford retaining Gallinari, Chandler or even Douglas. So right there, they should all be available. Our main goal is to have a Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire tandem and with Raymond Felton (who expires before Paul is FA) we have a guy who wed let walk for nothing anyways. So he automatically becomes available.

If we offer in some fashion

Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, bill Walker, and possibly Kelenna Azubuike and in return recieve Carmelo Anthony, Renaldo balkman, Chauncey Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter. I think a deal can get down.

Do we ruin our long term plans? NO. Chauncey expires in time. Renaldo is a solid defensive minded backup that we all appreciated while here and we lose young talent that either hasnt played a minute for us or we couldnt afford to retain down the road.

Turiaf/Mozgov
Stoudemire/Williams
Anthony/balkman/Williams
Fields/Rautins/Mason
billups/Douglas

Theyd end up sending Curry/Randolph and some change to Wolves reportedly and recieve a 1st round pick and a PTD. While retaining a lineup that has Nene/Martin/Chandler/Smith/Felton with Galinari and Randolph off the bench. While we can use our MLE to get a defensive big in the offseason like Dalembert.

Either way this works out a deal will be made in such. Seeing the facts of our future goals hopefully we dive in and get this deal done.

Denver wants Field and Mozgov not walker and Azubuki....
This my friend is where the problem lies.
Based on your deal our old starting 5 of
Felton
Fields
Gallo
Amare
Mozgov

now becomes

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Mozgov

So yes I we become much better and Walsh does that trade.