Deron Williams in 2012

STAT1

Starter
This is getting ridiculous, I think these players just like to toss these things out there to see how much they can mess with all our heads and sit back & laugh at all the hysteria they create. Maybe seeing all these teams bending over backwards & falling over themselves based on rumors & innuendos gives them a sense of importance & self validation or something, who knows. Or maybe it's just for the sheer sick enjoyment of it. All I know if I can't go through another summer of this stuff, I'm not going to wait around for Deron Williams, CP3 or any other savior and have them screw with our heads like Lebron did last summer. If Melo wants to be a Knick, then get this deal done and we'll worry about the other guys next year. If not, then forget it and let's move on with other options. Enough is enough already.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Doubt he would want to come to NY to share a crowded frontcourt with STAT. He's probably on his way to the Lakers if he goes anywhere.

Crowded? Naw man, Dwight and Stat would be unbeatable. We would easily beat teams like Miami and Boston with a frontcourt like that. Dwight is a better post-up player than Amare and Amare is more explosive with a J. Plus, our frontcourt defense would be solidified.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Crowded? Naw man, Dwight and Stat would be unbeatable. We would easily beat teams like Miami and Boston with a frontcourt like that. Dwight is a better post-up player than Amare and Amare is more explosive with a J. Plus, our frontcourt defense would be solidified.

Totally agree. Dwight is our best bet for a great all around team.

STAT1

Starter

They would definitely be an imposing frontcourt no doubt, I just think Amare needs proper spacing to be effective, he likes to get the ball in motion and works predominantly in the pick & roll, something Dwight Howard also likes to do. Not sure how that would work for the both of them in the same frontcourt.

Dwight and Kobe is a formula for championships guaranteed plus they have assets like Bynum, Gasol & Odom to offer up in trades if they need to work out a deal with the Magic. He just seems like a perfect fit for the Lakers. Anyway who knows what's going to happen a year from now it's probably not even worth our time debating about it. We got enough going on with all this Melo drama.

moneyg

Starter
Totally agree. Dwight is our best bet for a great all around team.

its to early to tell.. we may ned a PG or we may need a center.. depends on alot

at this point id rather take D Will

I think he a better all around player than cp3... and more versatile..

hopefully we draft a PG this year that can step up... and JJ comes from overseas

By the time Howard is a FA Kobe will be like 90 years old (in B-Ball years). Howard and Amare would be just sick. I'd even venture to say every bit as good as the all time best front court of Duncan and Robinson.... and how many rings would NY win then???

mafra

Legend
It appears Deron & Paul are going to be tripping over themselves trying to be the PG that joins Amar'e (and possibly Carmelo) here in NYC.

This is why Walsh must keep Fields or Gallo. Draft an asset this year... And now those 2 players, along with a future #1 can be traded to Utah or NO to get Deron or Paul.

Deron/Paul
Carmelo
Amar'e

There you go!

iSaYughh

Starter
It appears Deron & Paul are going to be tripping over themselves trying to be the PG that joins Amar'e (and possibly Carmelo) here in NYC.

This is why Walsh must keep Fields or Gallo. Draft an asset this year... And now those 2 players, along with a future #1 can be traded to Utah or NO to get Deron or Paul.

Deron/Paul
Carmelo
Amar'e

There you go!

Exactly! :thumbsup: And really, it's Gallo. The numbers (and types of games he has/will be putting up) will have teams salivating. And by the time he is to be traded...His game, and yes, hype if you will...Will be most desirable to a team flipping an all-star.

Next Dirk > Next Shane Battier. Even if latter is most true.

STAT1

Starter
and then you suggest he shares it with bynum and gasol?
smh

No, I suggested he would be traded for Bynum and/or Gasol. Did you read my post?

Dwight and Kobe is a formula for championships guaranteed plus they have assets like Bynum, Gasol & Odom to offer up in trades if they need to work out a deal with the Magic.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Dwight/CP3/D-Will. I love the idea of us arguing over who to pick.

I'll be ECSTATIC if we get ANY of them. Hell I'll be ECSTATIC if we get MELO first.

STAT1

Starter
Dwight/CP3/D-Will. I love the idea of us arguing over who to pick.

I'll be ECSTATIC if we get ANY of them. Hell I'll be ECSTATIC if we get MELO first.

So would I. Any of those guys would do, we're all acting like we can just pick & choose from any of those guys, we'd be lucky to get any of them at all.

skisloper

Starter
So would I. Any of those guys would do, we're all acting like we can just pick & choose from any of those guys, we'd be lucky to get any of them at all.

Forget Dwight Howard....he has had a very good team and has not been able to win a title.

Lets get Melo today and Williams or Paul ( makes no difference which one ) and we could have some team but the Bulls and Heat are right there...

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Forget Dwight Howard....he has had a very good team and has not been able to win a title.

Lets get Melo today and Williams or Paul ( makes no difference which one ) and we could have some team but the Bulls and Heat are right there...

While I'm not willing to "forget" the best big man in the game and certainly won't put him down for not winning a title on his own yet (they're a one star team), I'm of the opinion that a very good big man and an all star PG is better than the other way around, especially the way we play!

You can get away with not being the complete big man as long as you can rebound and block and can play in our system. You can't get away with not being an all star PG if you want to win a title with this team in this setup.

I'm of the opinion that all great teams should be built from the back as long as the front can hold up its end. Even great teams without great PG's had someone who could handle the ball better than the rest.