Shelden Williams

jpz17

Starter
Dude, we got another Dukie.
shelden_williams.jpg

<table class="header-stats"><thead><th>PPG</th><th>RPG</th><th>BLKPG</th><th>PER</th></thead><tbody><tr><td>4.7</td><td>5.3</td><td>0.5</td><td>11.44</td></tr></tbody></table>

i

Discuss Shelden here...

STAT1

Starter
I think he's a sleeper addition to this trade, he can fill some quality minutes off the bench for us. He's a much better rebounder than Turiaf he will be useful off the bench.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think he's one of the reasons this deal might work out for the better for the Knicks.

We lost players who were good on offense but we have Carmelo Anthony which pretty much erases that and then some.

We picked up some players who are excellent at defense. Williams is a good defender and rebounder and fills a desperate need for us.

It's very much possible that this trade will make us into a much better rebounding team because Balkman + Williams can rebound whereas Gallo + Mozgov really couldn't for their lives. Balkman + Williams are also better defenders if D'Antoni utilizes them properly, not to mention Billups is a better defender than Felton.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And for the record I mean work out for the better in the sense that even the scrubs Denver gave back to us might be better for our team than the guys we gave away

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Shelden Williams is a throwaway player. There is a reason he gets thrown around. We had an athletic and talented big man in Mozgov... can't believe we gave him up.

iJoe

Rotation player
Very unathletic undersized PF but with a long wingspan.

From scouting,

His offense is extremely poor. He's just not up to the NBA athleticism to create his own shot and has a clunky touch from the inside. Very flat mid range jumper but not horrible.

On defense, again his lack of athleticism makes him very very foul prone. He can block a few shots, but lack of elevation hurts him. On the plus side, he's very aggressive and likes to body up and bang though that does get him even more fouls.

In summary... he's the perfect example of good college player who can't elevate his game to NBA levels. He's a shoo in who can be expected for a few minutes to foul and body up an opposing slow center/pf. Don't expect much.

STAT1

Starter
Shelden Williams is a throwaway player. There is a reason he gets thrown around. We had an athletic and talented big man in Mozgov... can't believe we gave him up.

I think he will be able to fill at least 10-15 mpg off the bench for us, which is all we really need. Wasn't like AR was giving us anything anyway & Mozgov's production was very limited I have a feeling another trade is in the works to free up another roster spot & we'll be signing Earl Barron soon to fill a few minutes off the bench in Mozgov's spot.