2014 Knicks Preseason Game Threads and Analysis

Broadway

All Star
There wasn't anything exciting about our Preseason. Our guards are really bad with exception to Jose and maybe possibly THJR. Shumpert should no longer start, maybe the most overrated young prospect we've had the past 10yrs. Our schedule doesn't look pretty to start. We look like a 30win team.

tiger0330

Legend
There wasn't anything exciting about our Preseason. Our guards are really bad with exception to Jose and maybe possibly THJR. Shumpert should no longer start, maybe the most overrated young prospect we've had the past 10yrs. Our schedule doesn't look pretty to start. We look like a 30win team.
Good seeing you back 3G4G. A bigger problem than Shump is JR, dude could not hit anything Fri. I'm not sure if it's his back or the triangle offense but he looked terrible and single handedly lost that Raptors game. One thing good coming out of the preseason is Bargnani is out for at least 3 games and Acy has looked good as his stand in, his midrange game has been a pleasant surprise.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey Knicks fans I made a video breaking down the triangle offense so far in the preseason. I take a look at the positives and the negatives of what I am seeing so far. Thanks for watching and let me know what you think.

Great Vid!!!! I like the title "The Good, Bad, and the Ugly" it fits my Knicks perfectly.
Melo is not good at the high-post because he's not a BIG, we need two BIGS on the court for 30 minutes of team-ball out of 48 minute games. Defense ...all our BIGS should look to average 3 to 4 fouls a game. Including Barg.

Having ball-movement start at the high-post by a BIG got Bulls center Noah to average 5 assist.
Melo's a perimeter-shooter that takes most of his shots from the high-post. Good or Bad for triangle?

Our guards don't look to pass and receive the ball back when they cut. need fixing asap.
Our BIGS have to provide better screens. need fixing asap

Kiyaman

Legend

Throughout preseason rookie coach Fisher were trying to convince a very good D.League PG (Larkin) into being a NBA backup PG. It didnt work.
Calderon is our starter, but Prigioni is our best finisher.
Did we find a SG to pair with Calderon or Prigioni in the preseason games?
For $6M per, veteran JR should be put against Knicks opponents starters.
Shump's a system player that will blend into the triangle-offense great as a 6th man.
THJ individual-scoring does not make up for his lack of defense performance, lack chemistry with teammates .. spot minutes

Kiyaman

Legend
Thank you for posting, you're either a coach or a serious student of the game.

One thing I can see about this triangle is that the less turnover you have in personnel the better its going to work, you have to know your teammates tendencies more than other offenses otherwise you get a ton of turnovers. Maybe the triangle will result in a more stable roster and end the Knicks revolving door of players.

If Fisher could get this Knicks team on the same-page, and off of the individual stat-page, he will get the coach of the year award from me.
The triangle-offense was created to bring chemistry to a team.
Will Fisher have the Knicks playing in chemistry mode this season?

pat

Starter
If Fisher could get this Knicks team on the same-page, and off of the individual stat-page, he will get the coach of the year award from me.
That, however, is a very big IF. In fact it is a fifty floor building with a big sign on the roof saying "This is a big if!".

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
be it the triangle or the octagon or the square offense, u need..players... Michael had pipen, kobe had shaq, plus both had a supporting cast... and both Michael and kobe made their team mates better... what we have is melo.. and last time I looked he does not elevate the guys around him...

phil can shove his 'triangle' where the moon aint shining... u ain't got the players...u aint winning...