Opening Day Game Thread: Bulls@Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Blowout. The boys couldn't make a shot and the Bulls got everything they wanted, dunks, 3 pointers, FTs etc. that's going to get you beat every time. DFish is going to be looking for Bargs and Calderon to be the answer after this.

Broadway

All Star
The game was so bad tonight I thought for a moment should we make a trade with the Clippers. Nets-Bucks Kidd style and find a way to get Woodson back.

Kiyaman

Legend
0-2

What Happen???

Taj Gibson ate Quincy Acy up alive .. for a 10 pt lead to end the first half.
Noah & Gasol were having a hard time dealing with Daly & Stat, that stop as soon as Acy & Smith got on court.
Derek Rose only took 7 shots in the game! Oh! he only played 21 minute.
The Thibs Bulls system looked great every season he coached the Bulls
However, who cares about the Bulls being one of the top winning teams in the east.
We are interested in watching how hard the Knicks play to beat the Bulls.

Its all about the 2014-15 Knicks .. the Knicks went to bed early in the game bc they have a Home Opener tomorow in NY.
Forgive my Knicks for not showing any effort to compete, or try to match the Bulls performance.
The Bulls had twice more stops then we did.
The 4-18 shooting of JR/THJ is not their fault, its the Bulls fault for playing a tight team defense.

Another Knicks blowout like this early in the season, and the NY big-apple media will have Phil Jackson on the phone ready to give away more future draft picks to make several trades .. sounds familiar

mafra

Legend
WOW!!! that was ugly..

Phil Jackson hasn't had a starting SG on his squad as bad Shumpert since his days in Albany. IS has no touch, instinct, or ball handling skills. The only hope is to "showcase" him and move him for something at the deadline. I know, hard to keep a straight face typing that. Maybe clippers send us Donald sterling's plaything for Shumpert.

But, seriously, as a NYK fan I am aware of the truth, we will overplay our hand, his value will bottom out, and this chump will ignominiously fade away come Summer. So the experts who get paid to make decisions will prove to be clueless idiots... Again... And all if us rabid fans who clamored for the rugged minirodman (Kenneth Faired) will be vindicated - Not since Weiss was taken over Artest folks!

Phil had MJ and Kobe... Lol. Now, in NY, he has the Kidd who can't play in Shumpert. Karma? Lord please help.

Pains me all the time knowing Noah and Gibson were ours to be had if not for crappy GM decisions.

For them to just quite like that? Game 1, at home, vs the bully bulls who mock them 4 times a year... Enough of the JR and IS experiment. Just scratch that and start anew. Give Hardaway and Early the minutes and groom them for next season. You cannot win in the NBA with this guard play.

Chicago owns us bc they make life difficult for Melo... Seems to Always average a point per shot attempt against them. Tonight, 5-13 for 14 points... Oh, and when am are and taj both do same thing... Extend arms and disrupt shot... Why foul called on just one (rep perhaps)

A rookie named Todd bottled up and stifled JR. Tweet that dude. Lol. The man from Creighton. The other Smith looks terrible too.

Larkin showed athleticism.... It is all about next year.... So losing is good. A better draft pick means a legit asset come 2015. This is a mid 30s win team people. Don't be fooled. Its clear the Knicks won't stop anybody and their bench sucks.

We cannot play five second stringers together anymore. But, with Calderon and Larkin, we should get improved PG play this year. So, we should have our offense there on most nights. Not everyone plays defense like CHI. But, like last 12 years, we will solely rely on catch ball... Pause... Look around... Make a predetermined maneuver or chuck a 20-footer.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Sum this game up simply... Rookie Todd Mcdermott had 12 points. Our 125 million dollar thirty something yr-old had 14... Then said afterward he wasn't embarrassed.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Phil Jackson hasn't had a starting SG on his squad as bad Shumpert since his days in Albany. IS has no touch, instinct, or ball handling skills. The only hope is to "showcase" him and move him for something at the deadline. I know, hard to keep a straight face typing that. Maybe clippers send us Donald sterling's plaything for Shumpert.

But, seriously, as a NYK fan I am aware of the truth, we will overplay our hand, his value will bottom out, and this chump will ignominiously fade away come Summer. So the experts who get paid to make decisions will prove to be clueless idiots... Again... And all if us rabid fans who clamored for the rugged minirodman (Kenneth Faired) will be vindicated - Not since Weiss was taken over Artest folks!

Phil had MJ and Kobe... Lol. Now, in NY, he has the Kidd who can't play in Shumpert. Karma? Lord please help.

Pains me all the time knowing Noah and Gibson were ours to be had if not for crappy GM decisions.

For them to just quite like that? Game 1, at home, vs the bully bulls who mock them 4 times a year... Enough if the JR and IS experiment. Just scratch that and start anew. Give Hardaway and Early the minutes and groom them for next season. You cannot winin the NBA with this guard play. Chicago owns us bc they make life difficult for Melo... Seems to. Always average a point per shot attempt against them.

A rookie named Todd stifled JR. Lol. The man from Creightin. The other Smith looms terrible too.

Larkin showed athleticism.... It is all about be next year.... So losing is good. A better draft pick means a legit asset come 2015.

Its clear ear the Knicks won't stop anybody and their bench sucks. We cannot play for second stringers together anymore. But, with Calderon and Larkin, we should get improved PG play this year. So, we should have our offense there on most nights. Not everyone plays defense like CHI. But, like last 12 years, we will solely rely on catch ball... Pause... Loom around... Make a predetermined maneuver or chuck a 20-footer.
I'm always about trying to to win now. I would like to see the younger players getting a chance though. I like what I saw from Larkin. Calderon is the best offensive PG who spreads the floor, Prigioni brings the passing and defense (also an effecient 3 pt shooter), and Larkin is the athletic up and comer.

It's the first game, maf. I'm looking at it more positively. For most of the game the team was sharing the ball. There was some bad passes, but that's a lot better than bad isos.

I don't know what happened to Shumpert. He's not injured, he's still athletic, he's young, what gives? His first two seasons he showed a lot of potential, including offense. Again though, first game.

The triangle being worked on is the biggest priority for me.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sum this game up simply... Rookie Todd Mcdermott had 12 points. Our 125 million dollar thirty something yr-old had 14... Then said afterward he wasn't embarrassed.
Let's hope this is Melo and the rest of the team working on the bigger picture of playing team ball. It was a disappointing game, but yeah.

mafra

Legend
It didn't help... We were home and playing a physical defense and yet... Somehow... They shot 30 free throws to our 17 attempts.

Shump isn't an NBA offensive player. That is why he fell in draft and only a fool would select him over Faired. You can see Shump when he has ball... No instinct... He makes up his mind beforehand what he'll do... Has no clue how to adjust and go with flow. No shooting touch. Waiting for him to score is akin to believing the good gal with the virginity pledge will let you score just bc it's the tenth date.
He has no junkyard dog in him. A mental midget with zero will to fight through adversity.

People... Look at our guards tonight and how they shot the rock. Who was playing defense? Todd McDermott, Mike Dunleavy, Aaron Brooks?

I want to win too but people have blinders on. This is a bad team. Don't get hopes up. Next summer that arrives. For now, watch us shot 3-17 from 3, play with little energy, and matador defense.

i do expect the offense to improve... But I also anticipate a 7-20 start... While we get things straightened out.

mafra

Legend
Let's hope this is Melo and the rest of the team working on the bigger picture of playing team ball. It was a disappointing game, but yeah.

Bigger picture is get Marc Gasol and a SG here in July. Then another max player the following summer.

mafra

Legend
Kenneth Faired had 22 & 17 tonight, to go with his 4 assists. Shump had 5 points and 3 assists.

Actually, the starting backcourt of Shump and lark combined for 4 assists.

cle, chi, tor, Mia, CHA, ATL, Indy, and probably mil and was are easily better than us. Sad but true. We are about in the 9-13 range. Playoffs not happening.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The team needs to have a respectable culture this year. Whoever's on the team next season will be more prepared. The D'Antoni and Woodson era were bad cultures. Crappy systems, lack of good strategy, lack of discipline, favoritism happened so long. Giving it their all and playing team ball is what I want.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Ouch, it was a painful game to watch, maybe with the exception of the first 10 minutes. The 2nd unit looked like utter garbage. Well, it's only the 1st game, so let's move on to CLE.

tiger0330

Legend
JVG said that it's not the system but the players that determine whether you play winning basketball.

Couldn't be more true after seeing the game last night but I'll add that I think the triangle is the wrong system for this group.

You take away this teams greatest strength Melo who excels at ISO ball and rely on mostly 2nd rate talent when you spread the ball around like in the triangle. With this group they need to go back to keep it simple stupid basketball like the PnR to get you easy buckets and separation from your man.

I said before the season started new coach, new players, new system that the Knicks would struggle but you hope they had the talent to turn it around, sadly the Knicks may not have the talent and this triangle lessens the impact of the talent you do have like Melo and JR.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Bigger picture is get Marc Gasol and a SG here in July. Then another max player the following summer.

that is a joke..isn't it???... why on earth would gasol come to ny??? to play with melo??...or jr??.. or... sorry don't know any other names on the roster... not saying he wont come...but why????

paris401

Starter
and why was the (s)hump defending at half court with 22.9seconds left in the game... the bulls were not trying to pile on... they should have scored again to shove it up his a$$... very bush league...

jimkcchief88

All Star
That was ugly... I don't know what to say... To pull a no-show in your home opener against your biggest rival???? C'mon man... New coach, same result. I thought Fish would at least have the guys playing hard...Wrong again...And a system that takes shots out of Melo's hands so Larkin and Dalabeart get the shots???? FAIL... Even Mark Jackson said Melo will have to go outside of the system to get his own shot... I know it's only game one but damn... This is going to be a long season....Anybody else lose all excitement over another impending drubbing on TNT tonight against the Cavs??? Why this team can't or wont at least compete is beyond me:(

tiger0330

Legend

For them to just quite like that? Game 1, at home, vs the bully bulls who mock them 4 times a year... Enough of the JR and IS experiment. Just scratch that and start anew. Give Hardaway and Early the minutes and groom them for next season. You cannot win in the NBA with this guard play.

Chicago owns us bc they make life difficult for Melo... Seems to Always average a point per shot attempt against them. Tonight, 5-13 for 14 points... Oh, and when am are and taj both do same thing... Extend arms and disrupt shot... Why foul called on just one (rep perhaps)

A rookie named Todd bottled up and stifled JR. Tweet that dude. Lol. The man from Creighton. The other Smith looks terrible too.

Larkin showed athleticism.... It is all about next year.... So losing is good. A better draft pick means a legit asset come 2015. This is a mid 30s win team people. Don't be fooled. Its clear the Knicks won't stop anybody and their bench sucks.

We cannot play five second stringers together anymore. But, with Calderon and Larkin, we should get improved PG play this year. So, we should have our offense there on most nights. Not everyone plays defense like CHI. But, like last 12 years, we will solely rely on catch ball... Pause... Look around... Make a predetermined maneuver or chuck a 20-footer.
Someone agrees with you about Shump, they didn't pick up his 4th year option. Larkin is also headed to FA since the Knicks didn't pick up his option either.

Shump has been in the league long enough to finally say he is what he is, a good on ball defender that can't shoot. Worse thing you can have is a shooting guard that can't shoot as your starter but Timmy hasn't been much better. The Knicks have to turn the SG position around if they expect to win any games, they have stunk it up the last preseason game against the Raps and yesterday against the Bulls.

tiger0330

Legend
That was ugly... I don't know what to say... To pull a no-show in your home opener against your biggest rival???? C'mon man... New coach, same result. I thought Fish would at least have the guys playing hard...Wrong again...And a system that takes shots out of Melo's hands so Larkin and Dalabeart get the shots???? FAIL... Even Mark Jackson said Melo will have to go outside of the system to get his own shot... I know it's only game one but damn... This is going to be a long season....Anybody else lose all excitement over another impending drubbing on TNT tonight against the Cavs??? Why this team can't or wont at least compete is beyond me:(
Sad to say I'm looking forward to seeing the game tonight but to see the first game of the new Big Three not our Knicks.