Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Clippers 8:00 pm 2/8/2017 [Game#54]

tiger0330

Legend
very curious to hear the story surrounding oakley's ejection from the building. more bizarre behavior from the knicks organization.
yeah, nothing to see here folks.
Yeah I want to know what happened, story of the night. Oak was not only ejected but he was arrested as well.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! the Clippers only have two valuable players on their roster in CP3 and D'Andre Jordan, the rest of the team are bums .. I hope Dolan is not in the Garden making plans on trading Melo to the Clippers for any of their bum roster .. Griffin is the pits

Broadway

All Star
Yeah I want to know what happened, story of the night. Oak was not only ejected but he was arrested as well.

Ian Begley reports he was making attempts to approach Dolan and give him a piece of his mind about the organization he runs. He was shouting obscenities his way leading up to being approached by security. Phil Jackson went to help calm him down after he was drug out and he kept shouting "It's All Dolan's Fault"

tiger0330

Legend
Saw a phone video of the incident. I think what happened is Oak had a seat about no more than 15 ft. from Dolan and was probably verbally harassing Dolan during the game causing Dolan to call security. He then got into a shoving match with security and they arrested him. He's going to cool his heels in jail tonight until his hearing tomorrow, tough for Oak but I wonder what his beef is with Dolan? Does Dolan owe him money from an old contract or something. He's quoted as saying "This is BS. Dolan did this."

tiger0330

Legend
Only thing I can add about Oak's blowup is he must have tried to make some kind of contact with Dolan recently about whatever issue Oak has with him and Dolan was non-responsive. Oak probably said he won't take my calls or meet with me, I'm going to the game to confront him. He was charged with 3 misdemeanors and I'm hoping tonight is the only time he spends in jail. Sad thing is MSG is going to get a restraining order and he won't ever set foot in MSG again.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dolan's still a Biiaatch!
The Oakley incident shows why so many elite players dont want to be a Knick .. Sad Sad Sad

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight, turned out to be a Oakley & Dolan night .. not bout the incompetent Knicks loss to the Felton Clippers ..
Fans and Players all over consider Oakley to be a Knick-Legend ....
Tonight treatment to Oakley may affect trades to NY before the deadline .. plus may effect the count on Knicks draft workouts in June ...Dolan like adding icing on the cake .. were gonna get a 1-10 draft pick in June by the way we are performing .. It may be bad when the top 20 draft picks all wish the Knicks organization dont select them SMH
Well .. back to the street to protest for Dolan to sell the Knicks .. Owner has no luv for retired players SMH

mafra

Legend
I thought the Rose late game drive non call and #kporzee's(showed spunk tonight) 5th foul was suspect but of course not the reason why we lost, we got our share of calls. This game came down to who wanted to play defense the absolute least, which happened to be us.

Very sad to see Oakley go out like a sucker tonight, no matter what his personal beef was/is, can't do that when there's no upside. Why tarnish your reputation doing that and Phil had to calm him down? What another bizarre season with added sugar sprinkles.

I agree. KP's 5th foul was brutal, and it cost NYK b/c KP had to sit most of the 4th (and foul trouble had him sit last 3 of the half and most of the third).... but you have to blame Horn for not keeping him out there in the 4th. KP was a monster in the first and after bricking a 3, coming back in cold with 3 left in the game, he started to make a difference again.

Still, KP missing the FT at the end was a killer, more so than the refs not calling a foul when DJ slapped Rose in the face. NY never gets a call in those late game situations, so I don't even expect them to call the close 50/50 calls (bc they ignore blatant fouls).

Still, other than those 2 calls the Knicks got the majority of the calls tonight.

Just a typical game this 2016-2017 season. They fail to make plays down the stretch to win.

Melo was fantastic. Played good, inspired defense too.... but he supposedly can sacrifice a lot of the "game" bc he can "make shots.... well, game tied at 111-111 and he missed the shot.... and down 3 as time expires.... he misses the shot again.

And, once again, the other team never misses these shots vs us.... As Jamal Crawford sank 5 quick points after Melo miss. Teams don't miss these shots bc we play little defense most of the game, so these guys are in rhythm.

And, it's either the Big 3 are lame and the bench is hot or vice versa.
Rarely do all the elements click.

BJ, Holiday, and Kuz were awful. Might as well been playing for LaC. And lee was another no-show. He made a 3, 1 late shot, and had a sweet assist to KP. That was it. When he drove and pulled up and bricked a shot.... that was a major turning point late.

Had these role players made the many wide open looks DR and melo
feed them, NY would've been up by 20.

Good news is Melo and rose showcases their talents, we were competing, and with each loss the ping pong balls add up.

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley reports he was making attempts to approach Dolan and give him a piece of his mind about the organization he runs. He was shouting obscenities his way leading up to being approached by security. Phil Jackson went to help calm him down after he was drug out and he kept shouting "It's All Dolan's Fault"

We all loved oakley for the intensity and tone he brought and established. We all wish we could've done what he did tonight. He did it for the fans bc dolan has turned this franchise into a joke. I only wish he got a chance to throw a beer at Dolan or something.

Sad to see it be so public.... but let's admit it.... we all feel like OAK!

mafra

Legend
Frank Isola:

It was a couple of minutes before midnight when Charles Oakley, once upon a time the muscle of the Knicks, walked out of Midtown South on a cold winter night. One hour earlier, a young cop stood on the precinct steps and began chanting "Free Charles Oakley! Free Charles Oakley!"

That moment finally arrived when Oakley, dressed in a black suit, stepped into an SUV that made a right turn out of the station and sped down 36th Street heading east.

After a failed attempt to get his attention by flagging down the car, I called Oakley's cellphone. He immediately answered and sounded like the same old Oak.

Oakley has a different version of events than the story the Knicks were putting together. Oakley told me that he purchased his own tickets and was seated two rows behind Garden Chairman James Dolan. When several Knicks officials became aware of where Oakley was seated, security guards approached Oakley and asked him why he was here.

"They were staring at me," he told me. "They asked me to leave and I said I'm not leaving."

Oakley denies taunting or cursing at Dolan, who has been upset with Oakley for making critical comments about him and the team over the years. What ensued makes Jeff Van Gundy holding onto Alonzo Mourning's leg in that playoff game 19 years ago seem like a walk in the park.

Oakley was wrong to put his hands on any of the security guards, good men who are simply doing their jobs. But the Knicks are also out of line for harassing a paying customer and then trying to humiliate him by releasing a statement and saying he needs help. It's despicable.

The Knicks are celebrating their 70th anniversary this season and have done a nice job of honoring former players. Oakley, though, has been excluded. He will tell you it doesn't bother him but he's not being truthful.

He wants to be connected to the franchise and the fan base that adores him. In the past he's tried to meet with Dolan to settle their differences but that hasn't happened.

Two years ago, Phil Jackson talked to Oakley about working with the team's big men. Oakley was interested but the job fell through. Perhaps Dolan put the kibosh on that.

This is how the Knicks treat their best players, both past and present.

For nearly 20 years there have been plenty of dreadful and embarrassing nights at Madison Square Garden. Too many to count.

This one tops them all.

mafra

Legend
Dolan is the lone constant and independent variable in this nearly 20 year debacle.

His silver spoon spoiled rich boy fronting arse ruined this franchise. His paranoia and small man complex has created a toxic environment. No wonder free agents won't come to NY....
Would you invest your career in Dolan's hands?

paris401

Starter
ok our knicks are a joke..no doubt... the bigger joke is thinking thar the paper-clips can contend in the west... even with cp3...no way...

Broadway

All Star
Frank Isola:

It was a couple of minutes before midnight when Charles Oakley, once upon a time the muscle of the Knicks, walked out of Midtown South on a cold winter night. One hour earlier, a young cop stood on the precinct steps and began chanting "Free Charles Oakley! Free Charles Oakley!"

That moment finally arrived when Oakley, dressed in a black suit, stepped into an SUV that made a right turn out of the station and sped down 36th Street heading east.

After a failed attempt to get his attention by flagging down the car, I called Oakley's cellphone. He immediately answered and sounded like the same old Oak.

Oakley has a different version of events than the story the Knicks were putting together. Oakley told me that he purchased his own tickets and was seated two rows behind Garden Chairman James Dolan. When several Knicks officials became aware of where Oakley was seated, security guards approached Oakley and asked him why he was here.

"They were staring at me," he told me. "They asked me to leave and I said I'm not leaving."

Oakley denies taunting or cursing at Dolan, who has been upset with Oakley for making critical comments about him and the team over the years. What ensued makes Jeff Van Gundy holding onto Alonzo Mourning's leg in that playoff game 19 years ago seem like a walk in the park.

Oakley was wrong to put his hands on any of the security guards, good men who are simply doing their jobs. But the Knicks are also out of line for harassing a paying customer and then trying to humiliate him by releasing a statement and saying he needs help. It's despicable.

The Knicks are celebrating their 70th anniversary this season and have done a nice job of honoring former players. Oakley, though, has been excluded. He will tell you it doesn't bother him but he's not being truthful.

He wants to be connected to the franchise and the fan base that adores him. In the past he's tried to meet with Dolan to settle their differences but that hasn't happened.

Two years ago, Phil Jackson talked to Oakley about working with the team's big men. Oakley was interested but the job fell through. Perhaps Dolan put the kibosh on that.

This is how the Knicks treat their best players, both past and present.

For nearly 20 years there have been plenty of dreadful and embarrassing nights at Madison Square Garden. Too many to count.

This one tops them all.

This looks even worst the day after. I believe Oakley more so than anything reported up to this point with exception of him stating "he had no idea Dolan was sitting that close to him"...I mean come on everyone knows where Dolan sits when he's at the game and in the same interview implied he's on the security watch when attending games.

Classic Knicks. Almost 24 hours later and we can't even get a consistent account of whether a grown man sitting in front of 20,000 people was sitting in his seat minding his own business or smashed out of his mind and hurling insults at the guy who owns the place. I know which one I think is right.

mafra

Legend
Beginning to sound more and more that Oakley was at fault. Supposedly video evidence he walked into he building cursing and being belligerent.

Dolan is a bum but he treats players really well. Ask TC. Look at IT, and look at how many former Knicks work at MSG.

Oakley has taken advantage of the dolan policy to give free tix to former players.... if you accept all those free tix then Dolan has the right to ask you to stop bashing the franchise.

Kiyaman

Legend
Beginning to sound more and more that Oakley was at fault. Supposedly video evidence he walked into he building cursing and being belligerent.

Dolan is a bum but he treats players really well. Ask TC. Look at IT, and look at how many former Knicks work at MSG.

Oakley has taken advantage of the dolan policy to give free tix to former players.... if you accept all those free tix then Dolan has the right to ask you to stop bashing the franchise.

Com'on .. Dolan spit on 97% of his ex-players .. how many ex-players have u seen on our coaching-staff in the past 30 years .. Dolan still hasnt forgiven Patrick Ewing for leaving.
Oakley turned out to be a Knicks Legend in the 1990"s .. The Knicks organization owe Oakley some respect that includes owner Dolan too

tiger0330

Legend
Total disaster, in the history of the NBA has there ever been an incident like this where a former player attends a game and then gets ejected and arrested? Players are standing up for Oak saying the Knicks crossed the line saying he should seek help. This can't be good in being able to attract FA's to NY.

Even if Oak was being an ass Dolan could could have respected the years Oak played here and sat somewhere else instead of having him ejected. Instead he went macho and made MSG and the Knicks look like a fuc#### circus.

tiger0330

Legend
Classic Knicks. Almost 24 hours later and we can't even get a consistent account of whether a grown man sitting in front of 20,000 people was sitting in his seat minding his own business or smashed out of his mind and hurling insults at the guy who owns the place. I know which one I think is right.
I heard Oak's interview with Stephen A. and he denied saying anything to Dolan or acting inappropriately prior to the confrontation with security. Johnny Mac was there I wish Steven A. would interview him to see what he says.

paris401

Starter
I heard Oak's interview with Stephen A. and he denied saying anything to Dolan or acting inappropriately prior to the confrontation with security. Johnny Mac was there I wish Steven A. would interview him to see what he says.

yea so far we have heard 'zero' from the surrounding people...zero... I can't remember any recent incident where there are so many witness's , n no one has come forth... very strange...