TV
TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
MSG
12:30 PM EST

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Brunson leaves to locker room for undisclosed reason.
Knicks lead 21-18, 2 minutes left in the first. Randle already with 9 points

rady

Administrator
Staff member
First quarter ends, Knicks lead 32-20 as Doncic made a long shot from the other side but luckily didn't beat the buzzer.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks led by as many as 15, Dallas came back and cut it to a couple in the closing minutes. Yet, Knicks mentain a 7 point lead at halftime. 59-52
Randle already with 21, Barrett has 10

rady

Administrator
Staff member
And the Mavs tied it at 65, timeout Knicks. 7:41 left in the third

rady

Administrator
Staff member
10 point lead for the Mavs, Knicks just unable to score. Randle with only 3 points this quarter

rady

Administrator
Staff member
A disastrous third quarter, Knicks being outscored 41-15. Mavs led by 21 before Quickley managed to score a layup at the buzzer to cut it 93-74.
This was horrible to watch, i'm switching to Argentina v Australia

mafra

Legend
I like the minutes distribution. I turn game at 38-25 Knicks… just in time for a 45-20 run. Then I turned it off. IQ with 4 turnovers and 0 assists isn’t a pretty ratio.

mafra

Legend
Brunson was pretty mediocre. Out rebounding by the worst rebounding team in NBA… where are you Mitch, Hart, Obi, Randle, RJ? 19 turnovers. 12/15 can’t get here quick enough. Start stripping this down.

mafra

Legend
Can we finally admit passing on drafting then trading for Halliburton a major blunder?

First time in franchise history they begin season allowing over 100 points through season’s first 21 games. Every single game!

If Knicks fans didn’t see this coming it says something about how much you know about BB(lest long Real BB).
While most have gone along with this madness of F. O. drafting and lack of making trades that make the team better. There has been little to no voices stating objections.
Now that things are evident there a Very Big Problem or is it a Big Mistake that started this?

mafra

Legend
“They just wanted it more. That’s just it,” said Brunson, offering a familiar refrain after recent poor performances.

“Like I said before, we’ve just got to want it more,” Brunson said. “Fifty-fifty balls, them getting offensive rebounds, second chance points, that’s what we can control.

“I mean it definitely is concerning. I think that’s something that can be fixed. Just our intensity, attention to detail, all that stuff — that’s something that can be fixed. That’s something we can control. We just have to control what we can control and just go out there and give it our all.”

Kiyaman

Legend
I missed the game, got drunk celebrating my son Bday last night.
When I looked at the stats of the game the 41-15 3rd quarter caught my eye the most.
Coach Thibs have to still be playing the starter lineup 10 to 11 minutes in the 3rd quarter.
The Knicks COY were supposed to be fired in the 2022 off-season.
And starters Randle & Barrett should've been traded in the offseason.

The Mavs had been horrible on the road. and the Knicks are horrible at home.
On Thursday night I watch the unbalanced Detroit Pistons run run run the Mavs out of Detroit in a 131-125 OT Piston's win. The Mavs was sitting on a 4-8 record in their last 12 games before coming to MSG. The Mavs sports announcers kept saying the Mavs missed Brunson's play-making one on one scoring in the rotation.

Leon Rose & Tom Thibs better give (Player/Coach) D.Rose a 2nd unit bench lineup for 18 minutes a game on court to mentor a winning chemistry in the lineup the next 20 games.
A steady lineup of .. D.Rose, Quickley, Cam, Obi, and Sims (without Randle Barrett & Brunson) will take the Knicks on winning streaks throughout the midseason games.
Today, I'm sure the Knicks 2nd half rotation performance looked as clueless as it been looking all season on both ends of the court.

Broadway

All Star
Can we finally admit passing on drafting then trading for Halliburton a major blunder?

First time in franchise history they begin season allowing over 100 points through season’s first 21 games. Every single game!
I think I saw somewhere he had a recent 3gm stretch of 60pts, 40ast, 0TOs...that's crazy. I believe he leads the league in Ast/Gm

Defense was supposed to be Thibs calling card and it might be what we're worst at. Any team if they commit to shooting the 3 at a high rate will likely have a career/historic night against us. Thibs still isn't developing our young players on a consistent basis and won't play a core group together at each position for volume minutes

Time to send Thibs packing and get a coach who'll develop players and forget about if we can get a STAR player

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have allowed 186 wide-open 3PTs this season, more than any team in the league.

The NBA's tracking data goes back to 2013. Per that data, no team has ever allowed more than 626 wide-open 3PTs in a full season.

NY is on pace to shatter that mark