Welcome to the Circus

Will the Knicks finish with less than 23 wins?

• Yes, we're going to have our worst ecord in franchise history

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No, the Knicks aren't that bad

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
psychedelic_circus_webflyer.gif

thomasspeech_160x120.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen...boys and girls...please welcome...
THE CIRCUS!

up-ECJ3LLC3UM8DNMLO

How about some ball movement?

black_hole_milkyway.jpg

randolph_2.jpg

Okay, I'll give you ball movement. I'll move the ball through the hoop, once somebody passes it to me. That's ball movement, right?

up-ECJ3LLC3UM8DNMLO

How about some defense?

eddy.curry.jpg

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

up-ECJ3LLC3UM8DNMLO

How about some good shot selection?

capt_pacers_knicks_crawford2.jpg

I CAN'T HEAR YOU! You should know better than to ask someone who averages 17.3 fg attempts per game, 6.175 3 pt attempts per game, and just 4.5 freethrows per game for better shot selection.

up-ECJ3LLC3UM8DNMLO

I like this team.

circus97.jpg

February... 4 months after the start of the regular season...
The Circus presents you with a 14-35 record. :)
Hope you like!

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I dedicate this thread to MSG and Metrocard. They always talkin about the Knicks being a circus, so I decided to make a thread that shows you why. lol

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah indirectly talking about adding more Players to the "Circus Act" by trading his top 3 young players "Lee, Nate, and Balkman".

Isiah Says Youth Hurting Knicks
February 7, 2008 - 5:38 am
Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg

New York Post -

Isiah Thomas believes that the New York Knicks are too young, and it is hurting the team.

According to the New York Post, before last night's 103-100 loss to the Pacers Thomas said that being a young team is the reason why Knick fans are not seeing wins right now.

"We're really young," Thomas said. "I don't think we can get any younger."

According to The Post, the two youngest players in New York's original starting five - are in their seventh seasons. The team's average age is 25.6 years. [READ]

Hold on we loss to the 20-30 Pacers! the organization that FIRED Isiah Thomas.

Isiah comment on the Knicks youth is Crap!
The NBA youth is helping out alot of other teams in the league stay above a .500 record. Such as New Orleans, Toronto, Magic, Atlanta, Utah, and Portland.
The Knicks dont give their youth any playingtime.
The Knicks Starters & Finishers are Curry, Zach, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Jones.
The 3rd season players of "Lee & Nate" dont get enough playingtime to be apart of the problem however they are the only Knick players that NBA Teams would pull a trade with the Knicks for this season.
There is not one team in the league doing so BAD to the point where they have to make a trade with the Isiah Thomas Knicks.

Imagine the Knicks having "Ron Artest" in a lineup with Lee, Balkman, and Nate for 30 minutes of playingtime each game.
Those 4-players would keep this Knick Team around the .500 mark all season long.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Imagine the Knicks having "Ron Artest" in a lineup with Lee, Balkman, and Nate for 30 minutes of playingtime each game.
Those 4-players would keep this Knick Team around the .500 mark all season long.

snap out that dream, it aint going happen

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I want to start off by sayin this is one of the greatest threads ever made, its up their with 2 of my personal favorites, The Official Crawford Sucks Thread and the The Official Blow it the F*ck up Trade Thread.

We do have several players on this team who look like they belong in the circus. Will this team be able to win 23 games? Its gonna be close, Im predicting within the 22-24 range. Which year is worse, this year or the Larry Brown year? The blame has to go to Isiah Thomas before anyone else. Adding Zach Randolph has hurt this team badly and Frye could have been used in a deal for Artest.

Kiyaman I agree, a lineup with Artest, Balkman, Lee, and Nate Robinson would run shit. Im scared that Isiahs going to trade at least 2 of our 3 best young players away before the deadline for another overrated overpayed veteran. Its depressing being a Knicks fan because I dont see things gettin better. Isiah is here to stay for now, todays my birthday if anyone wants to give me a present assassinate Isiah Thomas.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Which player does the elephant represent? Curry, zach, or J.James?

Crawford = Monkey? Clown?

Kiyaman

Legend
I want to start off by sayin this is one of the greatest threads ever made, its up their with 2 of my personal favorites, The Official Crawford Sucks Thread and the The Official Blow it the F*ck up Trade Thread.

We do have several players on this team who look like they belong in the circus. Will this team be able to win 23 games? Its gonna be close, Im predicting within the 22-24 range. Which year is worse, this year or the Larry Brown year? The blame has to go to Isiah Thomas before anyone else. Adding Zach Randolph has hurt this team badly and Frye could have been used in a deal for Artest.

Kiyaman I agree, a lineup with Artest, Balkman, Lee, and Nate Robinson would run shit. Im scared that Isiahs going to trade at least 2 of our 3 best young players away before the deadline for another overrated overpayed veteran. Its depressing being a Knicks fan because I dont see things gettin better. Isiah is here to stay for now, todays my birthday if anyone wants to give me a present assassinate Isiah Thomas.

Happy Birthday MSG! Plenty more.

My gift to you is that Isiah resign and ask Dolan to let Mark Aquire finish out the season as Head Coach.

Lastseason it seems like every Knick Fan forgot when the Knicks WON 5 out of 7 games using "Frye, Lee, and Balkman" together for close to 30 mpg.
Coach Larry Brown seen that the Curry & Frye Tandem did'nt work early in the season that is why he played Frye with Jackie Butler and Lee.
The Frye & Curry Tandem was almost as BAD as the Curry & Zach Tandem this season.
However, I do give alot of Blame to SF-Q.Richardson and SF-Jefferies performance between the Frye & Curry, and also the Curry & Zach terrible performance.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Happy Birthday MSG! Plenty more.

My gift to you is that Isiah resign and ask Dolan to let Mark Aquire finish out the season as Head Coach.

Lastseason it seems like every Knick Fan forgot when the Knicks WON 5 out of 7 games using "Frye, Lee, and Balkman" together for close to 30 mpg.
Coach Larry Brown seen that the Curry & Frye Tandem did'nt work early in the season that is why he played Frye with Jackie Butler and Lee.
The Frye & Curry Tandem was almost as BAD as the Curry & Zach Tandem this season.
However, I do give alot of Blame to SF-Q.Richardson and SF-Jefferies performance between the Frye & Curry, and also the Curry & Zach terrible performance.

thanks but I just hope by my next birthday Isiah is either beneath the ground or the ringleader of the circus they have in Chicago. If Q-Rich was doin what he did last year we wouldnt be as embarrassing. We need offense and defense and although Q is finally playing better hes still not what he was last year. I think the acquisition of Zach Randolph is the #1 reason why our record is what it is (excluding Isiah). #2 would be the large number of minutes given to Jamal Crawford.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Excellent thread, I believe all is true. The way Zach dribbles the basketball, and handles it, or the chuckin up Threes from JC, or the drives PGs make right next to EC, and he doesn't do anything reminds me of a circus for sure. Jamal is the leader of the clowns, Zach will be the second in control.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
thanks but I just hope by my next birthday Isiah is either beneath the ground or the ringleader of the circus they have in Chicago. If Q-Rich was doin what he did last year we wouldnt be as embarrassing. We need offense and defense and although Q is finally playing better hes still not what he was last year. I think the acquisition of Zach Randolph is the #1 reason why our record is what it is (excluding Isiah). #2 would be the large number of minutes given to Jamal Crawford.
Happy Birthday, MSG. Too bad the Knicks are too crappy to hold on to a 9 point lead, with just 4 minutes in the game.I agree. The Knicks made a bad move by trading for Zach. I think the Knicks should've used Frye to get a good defensive center or powerforward. Or if not, the should've traded Curry, while he averaged those 19 ppg.Curry was a top 5 center, last year, and several stupid teams would've been willing to take a chance on him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks better watch out. The Miami Heat aren't too far behind them. lol
Also, the Knicks still have 1 more meeting against the Timberwolves this season. It wouldn't surprise me if Al Jefferson drops 30 points and 20 rebounds and destroys the Knicks.And McCants and Telfair I'm sure will get lots and lots of layups on Curry.Thank god that game is a month away. Maybe a miracle will happen, and by the time we play the Wolves, we'll have a highly improved team.

Kiyaman

Legend
When we do get another G.M., we dont want our New G.M. comming in and making quick drastic trades within his first month on the job like Layden & Isiah did.
Since the 1970's going to the Garden, I noticed NBA Teams has always been Jealous of the New York Knicks for having a FULL Crowd in MSG when the Knicks has a shitty losing season. So the majority of NBA teams has no luv in sending the Knicks a WINNING Player in a trade (the last Winning Players the Knicks got in a trade was Bob Mcdoo, Bernard King, Sprewell & Camby), especially how the New York Media would make such a BIG Thing over it macking a mockery of the G.M. that saved Isiah Thomas Job.

Isiah made a comment about the Youth hurting the team, and then contradict himself the next day by putting a Rookie Wilson Chandler in the Starting Lineup vs the NBA Champion Spurs.
Knick Fans whom watched this Knicks vs Spurs game seen the 9 minutes of playingtime giving to 6.8 Rookie Wilson Chandler was what this Knick team been lacking all season with his speed of hustle effort on defense protecting the passing lane vs the Champion Spurs.

What Knick-Fans should really be PISSED about is this was Rookie Chandlers 8th game he received playingtime in this season out of the 50 Knick games. Altogether Chandler has 62 minutes of playingtime this season (after the Spurs game last night) when Chandler was one of the TOP Ten SF that was awesome on Offense/Defense in the 2007 Draft.
Knick Fans should want to see more Playingtime giving to Chandler, plus some playingtime giving to Rookie Randolph Morris so we could see what he has to offer in his skillz & talent inwhich some offseason training could improve both young players.
Truth be told we Knick Fans are the best G.M. and Coach for the Knicks Young Players. Channing Frye poor play alongside Curry gave David Lee the chance to get playingtime as a 6th Man or 7th Man backup off the bench (Mo Taylor refuse to play as Camby backup and Isiah gave him a Buyout) which Lee's performance had him make the Solphmore vs Rookies All-Star Game to become the MVP of that game. And New York "Fan Favorite" which forced Isiah to give him Playingtime.

Isiah Thomas Performance as a G.M. and Head Coach in the 2007-8 Season has been the performance of a Man doing his best to get FIRED.
Proof is in the pudding cup of a 14-36 record...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
When we do get another G.M., we dont want our New G.M. comming in and making quick drastic trades within his first month on the job like Layden & Isiah did.
Since the 1970's going to the Garden, I noticed NBA Teams has always been Jealous of the New York Knicks for having a FULL Crowd in MSG when the Knicks has a shitty losing season. So the majority of NBA teams has no luv in sending the Knicks a WINNING Player in a trade (the last Winning Players the Knicks got in a trade was Bob Mcdoo, Bernard King, Sprewell & Camby), especially how the New York Media would make such a BIG Thing over it macking a mockery of the G.M. that saved Isiah Thomas Job.
Isiah Thomas is definitely one of the worst GMs and coaches in sports history. This man has a GM and Coaching IQ of 30. It's a shame how such a great basketball player is such an idiot.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
act_jerome_james.jpg

Our very own member of the Harlem Globe trotters.
He was so good, Isiah gave him 30 million.

Kiyaman

Legend
www.newsday.com/sports/basketb...0,1158105.story .....Here's to the Isiah apologists.

Need to develop development

The rookies and young players typically hang together. And they generally get to the arena at the same time and warm up together, before the veterans. But to anyone who has spent time watching how teams conduct their pregame rituals, it is apparent that the Knicks spend less time and emphasis on drilling and developing their young players.

Before one road game this season, a player development coach who had just worked his players through some intense pregame drills looked down at the Knicks' end of the court. Three veterans sat along the courtside seats and chatted while a few young players did some routine shooting. One Knicks assistant coach came out with a cup of coffee in hand.

"What's going on down there?" the opposing coach wondered.

This is not an indictment of the Knicks' current player development coach, Greg Brittenham, who has been in the Knicks' organization for 17 seasons. Brittenham often is sweating by the time he's done with warm-ups, but he generally seems to work harder than some of the players he's warming up. He and the other assistants also are doing most of his work before the head coach, Thomas, arrives at the arena. The players know it.

Chandler, who along with Lee is generally among the first players on the court for pregame work, was asked if he ever felt in this lost season, one in which he rarely plays, that just being on time was good enough at this point.

"Obviously," he said, "it comes to mind."

Collins, who learned about having a good work ethic when he played for John Chaney at Temple, said lazy tendencies creep in, especially when you feel lost in the shuffle. "There's times you feel like that, but you've got to realize doing nothing is not going to benefit you at all," he said. "I'd rather get in there and work out rather than just sit around and not do nothing at all. I've got good people around me, good agents, family, they all try to tell me to stay ready. Even the days I don't feel like it, I still get in there."

Blame Isiah for this, though ...

There was a time in this franchise when that motivation came straight from the head coach. Pat Riley used to order Charlie Ward and Monty Williams to go through three hours of work per day with then-assistant Jeff Van Gundy in 1994-95. Riley gave the rookies two days off a week. "It's been tough," Williams said back then during a season in which he rarely played on the veteran-laden team. "They expect perfection 110 percent each way."

Thomas' expectations vary so much that none is taken seriously anymore. In training camp he gave each player a copy of the Wally Pipp story, which was supposed to be a warning that there were young players on the roster whom he had no hesitation about promoting over any veteran. But only Lee and Nate Robinson, both in their third seasons, have seen consistent playing time.

"If we were playing better and had we started off better, they would have had the opportunity for more court time," Thomas said. "If your team's playing better, you can take more chances with the younger guys. But in the situation we're in now, you're trying to win as many games as you possibly can."

So much for Wally Pipp.

A hell of an article
Pure Circus act by President/Coach Isiah Thomas and his clueless coaching staff on how to make young players want to give up.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
knicks_nba.gif

circus-text-01.gif

Hmm... I don't see the difference. The logos aren't the same size, but that's about it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks are 5 wins away from gettin 23, which is what they had the year larry brown coached. There runnin out of time