Joe Johnson signs with Hawks

Paul1355

All Star
It's official. Johnson is staying with the Hawks.

Johnson's agent blogged that the deal was done.

@alanhahn: Arn Tellem confirms via his blog on Huffington Post that Joe Johnson accepted Hawks offer. Tellem explains it here: http://huff.to/c7uBVW

@SekouSmithNBA: Joe Johnson's deal with the Hawks is done, per a source with knowledge of the negotiations. Knicks tried to change his mind but couldn't.

Atleast we avoided over paying Joe Johnson.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I say let us now re-sign David Lee and Mike Miller for the remaining 17 million

Douglas
Miller
Gallo
Lee
Amare

Not a championship team, but no reason to think that this could not be a 4 or 5 seed in the weak East

Lee's resonable contract and Curry's expiring contract along with Wilson and Walker give us some trading chips or at the very least Curry's melts away next year and we pursue Parker.

Paul1355

All Star

Douglas
Miller
Gallo
Lee
Amare

Not a championship team, but no reason to think that this could not be a 4 or 5 seed in the weak East

Lee's resonable contract and Curry's expiring contract along with Wilson and Walker give us some trading chips or at the very least Curry's melts away next year and we pursue Parker.
With Amare we can possibly lure someone much better than Miller, there are many rumors of Tony Parker, Monta Ellis, Carmelo all speculation but Amare is recruiting and has spoken to Carmelo and Toney parker and parker has said he would come to NY and Carmelo is from NY so we can be a very good team in a year or two.

New New York

Quiet Storm
With Amare we can possibly lure someone much better than Miller, there are many rumors of Tony Parker, Monta Ellis, Carmelo all speculation but Amare is recruiting and has spoken to Carmelo and Toney parker and parker has said he would come to NY and Carmelo is from NY so we can be a very good team in a year or two.

Amare can attract all the players he wants, but those players you have listed are all under contract and their respective teams are not going to let them go just because they want to play in NY!

The Best bet is to upgrade the roster now and if Melo and Parker are FA's next year (assuming they don't sign extensions) then we go after them then

LeFlume

All Star
I know 'Melo is born in NY but his "home" is West Baltimore. However. LaLa is born and raised in Brooklyn. 'Melo pussywipped?

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
done...

Melo is an overated player and Tony Parker is aging. Lebron James or Bust! I'm seriouslly preparing myself right now for another 10 years of Knicks disaster. It's gonna be fun.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Douglas:peace:
Miller:barf:
Gallo:peace:
Lee:peace:
Amare:peace:

Sorry to be so direct, but **** Mike Miller. We already have 2 shooting guards. Let alone 187 SFs.

That 3-4-5 combination is NASTY though. Imagine the punishment!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Melo is an overated player and Tony Parker is aging. Lebron James or Bust! I'm seriouslly preparing myself right now for another 10 years of Knicks disaster. It's gonna be fun.
Melo is amazing and Parker has been the 2nd main force to the Spurs consistent years of success.

Parker and Duncan were a force, who is to say that Parker and Amare won't be just as good?
Add Gallinari to the mix and you have three very good players.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Amare is no Duncan!!! If we don't get LBJ or Wade and end up signing Amare for max, I will really be pissed. When Donnie took over, I thought Knicks mediocrity was over. No more settling for just making the playoffs but trying to build a dynasty. Amare, TP, and Melo is garbage. At best, overachieving and making it to the finals and getting their ass kicked...deja vu anyone?