Isiah wants Camby back

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
Isiah Thomas held preliminary discussions Wednesday with the Nuggets about ex-Knick center Marcus Camby, whom Thomas selected with Toronto's No. 2 pick of the 1996 draft, The Post has learned.

Thomas is searching for an athletic big man after losing Antonio McDyess in the deal, with Rasheed Wallace high on the wish list.

Camby has stayed relatively healthy this season, missing just four games. But he can opt out of his contract after the season, and the Nuggets could be concerned he'll be asking for too much. Denver is again trying to get under the cap this summer

http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/44663.htm

Camby. huh?
i thought he didn't wanted to return

rady

Administrator
Staff member
camby stood pretty healthy this season, and had a great game. i sure wouldn't mind to see him back in the NYK jersey, i always loved his game, but even more i would like to get wallace.

e_D

Benchwarmer
camby? no. wallace? hell yes. leave camby out of new york. sure he's healthy this season and had one or two spectacular games, but he's a risk the knicks should NOT take. this would be one bad move for Isiah.

However gettin 'sheed might not be a bad move. he brings athleticism and toughness the knicks want so badly, and I could see him playing well with marbury. but in aqcuiring him, where would kurt thomas's stand? would they get rid of him? bench him? I like kurt, and while he's not too athletic his defense is good, he's tough and he's crazy!

Mondo

Benchwarmer
Anyone remember when Camby wore his Knick jersey before the game his first time back to MSG? The Denver owner came out with a Nuggets jersey on because he was so pissed at camby.