202683.png
203954.png

201584.png
200755.png

101127.png
1627732.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksPhiladelphia 76ers
Ron Baker - Right Shoulder Injury (OUT)Markelle Fultz - Right shoulder rehabilitation (OUT)
Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)Demetrius Jackson - Left adductor strain (OUT)
Joakim Noah - Personal Reason (NWT)Furkan Korkmaz - Lisfranc injury, midfoot, left foot (OUT)
--

Game Preview

The Philadelphia 76ers will be looking to win their 10th straight game in the Wells Fargo Center when they host the New York Knicks on Monday night.

The Sixers, who last lost in their home arena on Dec. 21, have won three straight overall, and four of five, to improve to 28-25. Monday's game is the next-to-last they will play in a string of five straight at home heading into the All-Star break.

On Saturday, Philadelphia (28-25) dispatched the Los Angeles Clippers 112-98 behind Joel Embiid's 29-point, 16-rebound outburst. According to NBC Sports Philadelphia, he became the first Sixer player to record at least 24 points and 10 boards in four straight games since Hall of Famer Charles Barkley in 1992.

Embiid also tumbled to the floor and appeared to injure his right knee with 7:38 left in the game, but returned with 4:43 remaining.

"I think me and about 20,000 people held our breaths for the entire time," backup guard T.J. McConnell told reporters afterward.

Veteran guard J.J. Redick called Embiid "very dramatic" in his remarks to the media, and added that he thought the first-time All-Star was trying to draw a foul call from officials. And when Embiid was peppered with questions about his knee, he betrayed no concern.

"Can we just stop talking about my knee?" he told reporters. "I'm fine."

Embiid, averaging team highs of 23.8 points and 11.2 rebounds a game, was much more open to talking about the team's recent home success.

"We know playing in front of our fans always gives us an advantage because they are always so loud and passionate about it," he told Philly.com. "So I love playing in front of them."

The Knicks, who lost All-Star center/forward Kristaps Porzingis for the season to a torn left ACL last week, continued their free fall Sunday, losing 121-113 to the Indiana Pacers despite 17 points apiece by Tim Hardaway Jr. and Enes Kanter. It was the sixth straight loss for New York (23-34).

Guard Emmanuel Mudiay, playing his first game for the Knicks since he was acquired in a trade with Denver, had 14 points and 10 rebounds.

"You see the moves he can do to get past guys," coach Jeff Hornacek told reporters. "Once he gets more familiar with our players and guys understand, 'Hey, get open because he's going to get it to you.' I said beforehand, if he's playing well, we'll let him stay in there. I thought he had good court sense, made some great passes."

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Sixers are expected to sign veteran guard Marco Belinelli on Monday, after he clears waivers. Belinelli was bought out of his contract by the Atlanta Hawks last Friday.

There is, however, no update on the condition of Philadelphia rookie guard Markelle Fultz. The top overall pick in last summer's draft, he has missed all but four games this season with what the team has described as a shoulder injury.

(CBSSports / STATS)

Thanks again, Rady.

Just like last night, the narrative is going to be how do our young guys play and just how deep in the tank can we get. Let?s go Knicks!

Sixers have won 10 straight at home. Philly fans don?t care right now coming off the Eagles Super Bowl win, but you have to wonder what could have been this season if they hadn?t traded up to get Fultz who might go down as the greatest bust of all-time of #1 overall picks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game Thread Rady ....
We started the game having Jack THJ Beasley Lance n Kanter ..
Quinn replaced Kanter after the first 4 min in game scoring a lay up quickly ..
I'm hoping Frank n Mudiay come in the rotation lineup at the same time.

Here we go. Mudiay and Lee check into the game less than 6 minutes into the 1st quarter. No Ntilikina though.

Sixers go on a quick run and now lead 18 - 9. Hornacek is going to continue to learn the hard way that we need Ntilikina?s defense at the point of attack.

Here is Ntilikina now, in for THJ who continues his terrible shooting. Back to back baskets, O?Quinn to Mudiay and then Mudiay to O?Quinn.

Classic Ntilikina moment. Tremendous defensive effort getting the stop and then makes a terrible turnover on offense leading to the Sixers fast break.

Kiyaman

Legend
This guy Ben Simmons like pushing the ball to run fast breaks plus testing every Knicks players dribble for the steal .. Simmons got 3 steals in the first 6 minute of the game .. ROY !!!

O?Quinn to Mudiay who kicks it out to Beasley who hits the 3. Ntilikina on the ball on defense, Mudiay on the ball on offense. Simple frickin math.

THJ and Hicks come into the game for Ntilikina and Beasley. Mudiay sails one out of bounds to start the 2nd quarter.

Ironically, Lee who was taken out of the starting lineup tonight for the 1st time this season seems like the only Knick who can knock down a shot.

Ntilikina now checking back into the game for Mudiay. Took exactly 2 games for Hornacek to screw up this playing Mudiay and Ntilikina together thing. Maybe blame it on Ntilikina?s early fouls or Lee coming off the bench I guess.

tiger0330

Legend
Just tuning in. Saw THJ bank one in but only 1-4 no 3s. Out more than a month, shooting like crap, he may be the biggest bust of this disappointing season.