What PG's would you take over Marbury

kevin

Benchwarmer
I would take
Mike Bibby- Better passer, much better shooter
Jason Kidd- Better court awarness
Steve Nash (yes i said steve nash) Better passer, works harder, higher basketball IQ

commonse

Benchwarmer
I dunno what you're talking about guys... I think Marbury is the best point guard in the leage right now even if people cant believe it.
Just look at the statistics and anyone can find out what I'm talking about.

Marbury is a better shooter than Kidd, he can score a lot more! He can get 50, he can dish out 15 assists.
And that one more assist per game (Kidd has 9 - Marbury 8) doesnt mean anything. And if you wanna say Kidd rebounds better than Stephon, then I say what is the job of a PG? not rebounding... thats the job of the centers and forwards, no ?

And Nash has no IQ for the game!! he's a stupid PG!

And Marbury can decide games with final shots, (last year's playoff against the spurs or the 2001 all-star game) the others I dont think they can. maybe Bibby.

And I dont know if that guy know anything about Stephon who said Marbury cant shoot.
what about his 20, 30, 40 or midcourt shoots? k dude?

dont say anything if you dont know things about the game.... :flippa:

:moon:

Stephon will stay and not going anywhere!!!

Go Starbury, Go Knicks!!!

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
Honestly, I'd keep Stephon Marbury. He has 15 assists in some games with no one good to pass to!

He's the best all-around PG in the league right now and he's underrated. Isaiah needs to give him a big-name player that can help Starbury out.

And I wouldn't get Mike Bibby if I were you. That guy can't even dribble around his guy without getting a pick set for him. The pick and roll is his game-- that's all.

commonse

Benchwarmer
BryantDunkGiant said:
Honestly, I'd keep Stephon Marbury. He has 15 assists in some games with no one good to pass to!

He's the best all-around PG in the league right now and he's underrated. Isaiah needs to give him a big-name player that can help Starbury out.

And I wouldn't get Mike Bibby if I were you. That guy can't even dribble around his guy without getting a pick set for him. The pick and roll is his game-- that's all.

yo lakers fan,

thats true!!

:hoops:

kevin

Benchwarmer
well those guys have had more success in one year than marbury had in his whole career. Marbury hasnt gotten out of the first round yet. I am a knicks fan I just think some point gaurds could suit the knicks better. How can you say Marbury is the best point gaurd in the league when he is a choke artist in the playoffs. Even when he had the MVP he still couldnt get out of the first round

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
well those guys have had more success in one year than marbury had in his whole career. Marbury hasnt gotten out of the first round yet. I am a knicks fan I just think some point gaurds could suit the knicks better. How can you say Marbury is the best point gaurd in the league when he is a choke artist in the playoffs. Even when he had the MVP he still couldnt get out of the first round

I totally disagree with you. Kevin Garnett has the best supporting cast he's ever had and he's still playing the perimeter as if Cassell, Sprewell and Szczerbiak can't handle that phaze of the offense. Marbury was the MVP of Minnesota when they faced Houston in the playoffs. If you watched that series, he was "the man" and Garnett was his sidekick. Just watch the playoffs. Garnett is so soft. Who's more of the MVP Shaq or Garnett; Kobe or Garnett? Garnett is a C-PF. He should try playing like one. Or better yet, he should try playing as fierce on offense as he does on defense.
I'm not here to say Marburry is the best but:

Bibby (Peja, Webber)
Paker (Duncan)
Nash (Nowitzki)
Marbury (Houston)? :(

commonse

Benchwarmer
yea I agree wit u nycefnl,

kevin is talkin about bullshit. look kevin, just put a dominant tall player wit Stephon and look what happens..

When Starbury was in Minnesota he and KG were too young to win a championship.
After he got traded to New Jersey there was nobody who can help him. Van Horn is a selfish player wit no IQ, Martin was nobody at those times, Kittles was injured.. & now people talkin about that Kidd could got the Nets a better team than Stephon could when he was there. but people forget to put that now Kidd has a Kittles wit his best years, a dunk-master Jefferson & one of the top PF's of the league (K-Mart).
There wasnt a dominant tall guy in Phoenix either. Marion is not enough and Amare is a young hot-headed. :) (I like him though)

and Listen I followed Starbury's play from the beginning of his career when he said in his first year in Minnesota that his dream is to play in the MSG, to play for the Knicks & now it happened..

He belongs to NY & NY belongs to him! So let's just bring some better players to him & Starbury will bring us the championship throphy![/code]

WiL8000

Rotation player
Marbury hasn't had the best supporting cast on the Knicks, or during his career for that matter, with the exception of the TWolves w/ Garnett. If the Knicks can surround him with players better equipped to handle his style of play, Marbury would probably have even better stats than he already does. He is living his dream out by playing in NY, no one will put more heart into this team, period. So in my opinion, there isn't a better point guard out there for the Knicks. Hopefully the right moves are made this summer.

kevin

Benchwarmer
commonse said:
yea I agree wit u nycefnl,
just put a dominant tall player wit Stephon and look what happens..

Well he didnt do anything with KG or Kenyon, maybe a couple alley oops but in the end they got nowhere. I like Stephon hes been a huge help, but he doesnt fit the style of play that the knicks play. Stephon has had a six or seven year career and he still hasnt proven himself in the playoffs, doesnt impress me. But I'm sure if we get Dampier or Rasheed then we willl have a better team.

NYK89

Rookie
URE CRAZY STEPHS THE BEST!!!! HE IS THE BEST FER NYC!!! HE MAKES THE EXCITEMENT!!! THE CROWD!!! STEVE NASH SCREW HIM!!!!

commonse

Benchwarmer
kevin said:
commonse said:
kevin is talkin about bullshit.

Learn how to talk

maybe you know some about the game... but I dont like people who talk before they think. so dont judge if you dont know things in connection with Steph!

and KG & Kenyon were not those players that time than they are right now when Starbury played wit 'em.
Just compare:

Garnett in the '96-97 season: 17.0 PPG & 8.0 RPG,
'97-98 season: 18.5 PPG & 9.6 RPG.

&

Martin in the '00-01 season: 12.0 PPG & 7.4 RPG.

So what are you talking about Kevin? These players a lot better right now.. & I dont think if they would have a chance to play togetha again (like Steph-KG or Steph-Kmart) it will be the same than in those years..

:canibal:

:gony:

JJtheKnick

Starter
ok i wouldent take any one over marbury at all and the only guy that would come close is kidd and he is injured so why would you want him and as for mike bibby hes a boot leg jason kidd and steve nash lol that i have to say

btw marbury is a better shooter than mike bibby

kevin

Benchwarmer
First of all I'm sure Jason Kidd's injury isnt serious at all, and also Marbury is not a better shooter than Bibby. Marbury didnt even shoot 40%, while Bibby is closer to 50%.

kevin

Benchwarmer
commonse said:
I think Marbury is the best point guard in the leage right now

If Marbury is the best Point Gaurd in the league how come he didnt make the all star team? because he hasnt shown anything in the playoffs. I love Marbury hes a great PG but I would never say he is the top PG in the league. Jason Kidd is better than Marbury although I hate Jason Kidd. Baron Davis was the MVP of the league for the first half of the year. Marbury is definitly not the best PG in the league. I would say he would be third behind Jason Kidd, and Baron Davis. Jason Kidd has also said that Bibby is a better PG than Marbury.

Marbury is the best thing that happend in New York in a while but I feel he has been a bit overrated. I expected him to shine in the playoffs. But in the 2nd halfs of the 4 games against the nets he only had 12 points. I'm not trying to tear Marbury apart I think he still has some room to improve.

commonse

Benchwarmer
kevin said:
commonse said:
I think Marbury is the best point guard in the leage right now

I think he still has some room to improve.

I agree wit these last words. yeah what he showed in the playoffs it wasnt what he really could.

and honestly... how could he got better? NO Houston, no Tim Thomas. nobody could help him! Penny is not shining than before, Shandon was a 0.0, Kurt Thomas shot low percent, no one who really can shoot the ball or finish anything!

I would change Kidd & Steph for this first round & look if Jason could do better or even Baron Davis.
And Baron wasnt so good in this playoffs either. and dont look just this year's statistics in connection with him. Just compare Stephon & Baron whole carreer statistics. so what?

man..