Game Thread: New York Knicks at Detroit Pistons - 2/8/20

Harkless doesn?t sound like he will play tonight. When he does play, will be interesting to see how good he is defensively. Supposedly, he is a better defensive player than Morris.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread htr10 .... I miss Morris already .. it will be a shame if we cant beat a Drummondless Piston team.
I am not crazy bout clumsy Randle-Handle, nor the inconsistent Bullock, Ellington, and Portis, none have ever showed they are reliable scorers in the 4th quarter or a 2-Way performer in any game in their NBA career.

Half-Time .. Knicks 48 - Pistons 50

Kiyaman

Legend
Harkless doesn’t sound like he will play tonight. When he does play, will be interesting to see how good he is defensively. Supposedly, he is a better defensive player than Morris.

I seen how coach Doc use Harkless in the rotation to win games, I doubt Miller has the same abilities on how to coach Harkless to his strength for a win.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah .. Shaq and Barkley are right .. watching Knicks, Cavs , Pistons, and Wizard games show POOR coaching and poor team-performance

End of 3rd Tied at 67

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ and DSJ does not belong in a lineup together .. both are playing like low b.ball IQ players that belong on the bench

Kiyaman

Legend
6 min remaining in the game Knicks 77 - Pistons 84 .... DSJ playing like a BUM, RJ playing LOSS, Portis playing no defense, Randle-Handle playing the same

Kiyaman

Legend
6 min remaining in the game Knicks 77 - Pistons 84 .... DSJ playing like a BUM, RJ playing LOSS, Portis playing no defense, Randle-Handle playing the same

Miller hurried up and took the bums DSJ RJ and Portis out the game to gain a 87-86 lead .. 3 min remain

Kiyaman

Legend
NO Drummond gave MitchRob control over the offensive boards in the 4th qtr. to give the Knicks 2nd chance shots .. Knicks win their 4th game in a row.

5 games out of the 8th playoff seed with 29 games to go. Unlikely, but possible given all the teams ahead of us also stink.

Kiyaman

Legend
Without Drummond the Pistons look like they gonna have one of our Isiah's 23 Win Season CTFU - LMAO

If we would've loss this game I was going to BOMB out our coach Miller for playing a slow tempo game putting DSJ over Frank, RJ over Dotson, Bullock over Knox, and not giving Gibson and MitchRob more playing-time against a tired exhausted Piston team that loss a close game last night against OKC 108-101

Kiyaman

Legend
5 games out of the 8th playoff seed with 29 games to go. Unlikely, but possible given all the teams ahead of us also stink.

U right, over half of the teams in the EAST stink .. we should've kept Morris to hustle for the 8th seed, by trading DSJ, Bullock, and Trier in one of the 3 or 4 teams trades

tiger0330

Legend
That Drummond trade was a shocker. They literally got nothing back for him, leading rebounder, shot blocker, 2 time AS should return more than Henson, Knight and a second round pick. Tells you how much traditional centers like him are worth in today's NBA esp ones making 28M.

mafra

Legend

Unlikely is a nice way to put it... Still, just playing meaningful games in March is a good sign...

Knicks have won four games in a row for the first time since December 2017.

Tommy Beer
The Knicks are 13-16 in their past 29 games under Mike Miller. (That's the seventh-best record in the Eastern Conference during this stretch.) The Knicks were 13-69 in their final 82 games under David Fizdale.

Profile picture for Mike Vorkunov
Twitter ? MikeVorkunov
Mike Vorkunov
If the Knicks win Sunday night in Atlanta it will be their first 5-game winning streak in 5 years and 11 months.

Maybe Perry did build a playoff roster, but Fiz and MM deal betrayed his vision.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm enjoying the winning and I'm glad to hear comments about the winning streaks. That's how you build a culture, win some games not by losing by playing guys because they're young. I said before the season started, I'd be happy to be competing for a final playoff spot even if we don't get into the playoffs, that would be progress.