Wilson Chandler looking Good

Kiyaman

Legend
With a 3-10 record Wilson Chandler is looking better in the past 3 games.....his decent performance has me thinking he is ready to be traded to a team to be their SF.

Him not playing ball all summer was news to me... He looks as if he is getting some of his explosiveness back... And him playing power forward makes our defense alot better along with Larry...

although Chandler would like to be at his "natural position" SF acting like a (2 year person on the job) veteran-helper for 8 to 18 minutes a game toward "natural" PF rookie Jordan Hill to get rid of the rookie college flaws by letting the rookie bang-bodies in the paint for low post scoring, rebounding, shotblocking, and defending the paint area.
Then the 1-9 start would be more acceptable as a process of preparing the young-players for the midseason.
Wilson Chandler offense is 110% better than what he have been showing this season.

Wilson Chandler at the SF position for 30 mpg stats would be 18 pts, 5 rbd, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1blk, 2 to, 4 fouls, with an incredible hustling defensive effort towards oponents PF/SF/SG.
And these stats are just two-consistant seasons on Chandlers rookie contract, that was noticed in his DNP rookies season.

I been waiting on this Thread:
The Knicks Starting SF-Wilson Chandler is forced at PF/SG

TunerAddict

Starter
Which Wilson Chandler have you been watching?

I'm talking about the one that has had only one good game, and even that one wasn't too great...

Late first round pick 21 years old
To be honest I think he is over achieving.
We say he should not of been drafted, but I believe he was a late first round steal, he is better right now at 21 than some lottery picks that year.
If he had better players around him he would average less, but be considered a great role player

hype kills potential and that is whats happening to him

too much talk in the media and from fans.

Im still trying to figure out at one point did wilson chandler come out and say
" i am an all star"
for us to bash him constantly.

TunerAddict

Starter
I think not...

Rudy Fernandez, Aaron Brooks, Arron Afflallo, Carl Landry, Glen Davis, Marc Gasol, and Ramon Sessions were all drafted after Chandler and are arguably better. Meanwhile I see only a few players ahead of him that have been terrible.

yeah i dunno what you all are talking about for his age, not even playing his rookie season, this is technically his second season , he is definitely better than most of those players
I put him in the top ten of his draft class
and obviously the NBA does too being that he made the sophmore team last season.

metrocard

Legend
chandler is better than alla them besides gasol

Rudy Fernandez is a superior talent and skilled player compared to Chandler.

Rudy is an actual SG with ball handling and pass skills, along with Ray Allen 3pt range and JR Smith type athleticism.

Rudy would make the Knicks a .500 team and have a Ginobili type impact on this team.

Marc Gasol is a top 10 center...obviously better than Chandler

Aaron Brooks and Ramon Sessions are starting PG.

Landry, Davis, both would help the Knicks more than Chandler can.

Chandler is stationary...like Duhon, except he's athletic ...iono.

Chandler just isn't it.

I'll draft a lot of guys over him.

richtree

Rotation player
Chadler is one of those guys that was powerful and big in college and either has to develop skills of a 2/3 man.

Problems

1. He still doesn't get into a triple-threat position when he recieves the ball.

2. He doesn't want the ball when its not in his hands.

3. he doesn't work to get to beneficial scoring positions.

4. He can't shoot the 3 consistently.

5. He need to create for others off the dribble / limit offensive fouls

He still has the raw feeling about him (which is good) but his offensive intensity is horrible and he has lost a ton of confidence.

Many times it looks like he doesn't fit in the flow, which is hard to teach.

I don't know if he can play any other position but a 3man and he is average there and we have gallo for next 5-6 years....

Mr.Nine

Rookie
Wilson Chandler needs to check in with Tim Grover for some proper training. Grover is good at developing a player's mid-range game. He has a lot of talent he just needs to understand his game is mid range to down low and reading the offensive play. Getting to the basket is not hard for him, but he needs to know when to set up others for the open jumper. A shooting coach is also a priority. The knicks never run proper half court plays so when anyone shoots the ball it seems as if they are forcing it. Chandler and Gallo should be getting the ball off of screens and mid range plays. Gallo should get them until he warms up and then start taking threes. While Chandler should get them all night long, driving to the basket and wearing down the other team at the free throw line. If used correctly Chandler/Gallo are guys that can supply consistent points if the 2010 plan doesn't backfire.

Rudy Fernandez is a superior talent and skilled player compared to Chandler.

Rudy is an actual SG with ball handling and pass skills, along with Ray Allen 3pt range and JR Smith type athleticism.

Rudy would make the Knicks a .500 team and have a Ginobili type impact on this team.

Marc Gasol is a top 10 center...obviously better than Chandler

Aaron Brooks and Ramon Sessions are starting PG.

Landry, Davis, both would help the Knicks more than Chandler can.

Chandler is stationary...like Duhon, except he's athletic ...iono.

Chandler just isn't it.

I'll draft a lot of guys over him.

See metro I dont know what you are arguing against though. Allot of guys were picked over chandler
in fact 21 of them. The fact chandler produces as he does is good for a 22nd pick at 21 years old. No one is saying chandler is an all star or great, yet you continue to bash into him as if some one is saying so. All that I see in chandler is a really good role player on a losing team who gets pushed down because of the teams lack of success. There are times in games where chandler shows flashes and some times he looks lost like most 22nd pick 21 year olds in their 2nd full season. No one is arguing against you, I am just defending chandler in that he wasnt a lotter pick not even an early first rounder, and as far as players picked after him that are better than him, I am sure you can find in every draft 5 or 6 players better than the 22nd pick, that were picked later. I just dont get why at 2 mil a year every one loves knocking chandler, it doesnt make sense, he had no hype was never a projected all star, and yet we deem him as a bust, how can a 22nd pick average 12 ppg 5 reb 1 blk be a bust at 21 years old.

metrocard

Legend
I think its a little more than the numbers.

Chandler underacheives.

He's a powerful man.
STRENGTH AND SPEED for his size.

He doesnt seem to go at 100% on every play, its disappointing.

Metro we never agree
and on this i definitely agree
but i dont think he is a failure he is technically playing potential equal basketball right now
his production has also been retarded by coaching and veterans who over shoot at his position

IE Q rich, and Tim Thomas, and Al harrington, and Jefferies have all taken away from his development so I am not quite sure we have seen the best of him, I think allot of his poor choices and withholding of being explosive stems from an allotment of players at his position who have played over him during the Zeke-Mike D era.

If jefferies and q rich were not on this team he would have started his rookie year and probably be averaging a few more statistics this season.

but thats all here nor there

point is for his draft position, his age, the players he plays with, the quality of the team he plays for
I think he is doing quite fine.

ANU

Starter
nate mcmillan is complaining that the trailmix need "bodies".chandler and harrington should get swapped for rudy f and darius miles's money.

Paul1355

All Star
Chandler has the IQ of a flower...but amazing potential

With a 3-10 record Wilson Chandler is looking better in the past 3 games.....his decent performance has me thinking he is ready to be traded to a team to be their SF.

Him not playing ball all summer was news to me... He looks as if he is getting some of his explosiveness back... And him playing power forward makes our defense alot better along with Larry...

although Chandler would like to be at his "natural position" SF acting like a (2 year person on the job) veteran-helper for 8 to 18 minutes a game toward "natural" PF rookie Jordan Hill to get rid of the rookie college flaws by letting the rookie bang-bodies in the paint for low post scoring, rebounding, shotblocking, and defending the paint area.
Then the 1-9 start would be more acceptable as a process of preparing the young-players for the midseason.
Wilson Chandler offense is 110% better than what he have been showing this season.

Wilson Chandler at the SF position for 30 mpg stats would be 18 pts, 5 rbd, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1blk, 2 to, 4 fouls, with an incredible hustling defensive effort towards oponents PF/SF/SG.
And these stats are just two-consistant seasons on Chandlers rookie contract, that was noticed in his DNP rookies season.

I been waiting on this Thread:
The Knicks Starting SF-Wilson Chandler is forced at PF/SG
Chandler has all the potential and ability in the world but he has the lowest IQ for a bball player I have seen in a while. He is dumber than Jared Jeffries but has the talent of an allstar.
Having a low IQ says one thing to me, he is either a bust or will take YEARS to develop a solid game where he knows his shots and how to approach every game.

I HOPE that him not playing well because of surgery is the truth to his lack of shooting but when you jack up shots when you can easily drive to the basket with your size and athleticism then I just see a dumb individual.

Chandler could have played twice as good if he just realized that his game is at the max 15 feet from the basket. He has to stay inside...and then we'll see him contribute more than ever.

Paul1355

All Star
Players out of position

Along with my first response....Mike D has been playing Chandler and Lee out of position and it is costing us many games.
How do our blowouts really start?

Getting penetrated on defense, usually from Lee's poor defense and Chandler/Duhon's stupidity.

Start Lee at PF and Chandler off the bench and bring in a shotblocker to start at Center for once!
My vote is Hill starting at Center. Let him develop and keep playing the "favorites" in Lee and Duhon.

Mike D's possibility because he NEVER plays Darko and needs to play Hill:
Duhon
Hughes
Gallo
Lee
Hill

Sixth man: Chandler
main role players: Nate, Douglas

I want Douglas to start at PG but as long as Mike D has a hard-on for Duhon, Douglas will come off the bench all year.