If Knicks land Nash, Dwight should be next

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks could offer Lin, Chandler and a 1st rounder in 2014 for Dwight.

Nash
Smith/Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Howard

Wow.

How would we afford this???

I think you are forgetting the penalty teams gets by going over the cap, that prevents teams from just using bird rights on everyone.

CA7

Scoring Champ
How would we afford this???

I think you are forgetting the penalty teams gets by going over the cap, that prevents teams from just using bird rights on everyone.

The penalty wont hurt us Dolan got stacks of bread but NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Dwight is about as bi-polar as they come, he's also dick riding D-Will.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
AND+THEN+YOU+WOKE+UP+_bbb470027198b60deb21044368a732e9.png

Howard is a pipe dream.. i think he's got his mind set on Brooklyn.

Nash, Melo, Stat, Howard = Potential Veto from stern :lol:

Edit*

After we fought for the bird rights of Lin you want to trade him for the Dwight Douche ...so he can ask to be traded by deadline because "nash wont pass him the ball enough"

Chandler>>>>Dwight yeah i said it :)

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Howard can munch on a prong.

He's embarrassing the franchise that drafted him, himself, his teammates and his family.

The guy's your prototypical super brat. Fully convinced he deserves everything he wants when he wants it because he's the league's best rebounder.

Gimme Tyson - WHO RAPED HIM LAST YEAR!!!!! any day of any mother****ing week.

Never mind Lin and the pick.

NEXT!!!!!

Forrest17

Rotation player
I wouldn't even trade Lin for Dwight straight up. I hate that guy and he will never win a championship because hell tear any team he is on apart before they can get there.

Lin is the only Star that is synonymous with the Knicks since Ewing. Everyone else since then has just been a star we took from somewhere else.

And I think we already gave our first rounder in 2014 to Denver

CA7

Scoring Champ
I wouldn't even trade Lin for Dwight straight up. I hate that guy and he will never win a championship because hell tear any team he is on apart before they can get there.

Lin is the only Star that is synonymous with the Knicks since Ewing. Everyone else since then has just been a star we took from somewhere else.

And I think we already gave our first rounder in 2014 to Denver

2014 to Denver, I also think Denver can swap in 2016 but we have our 2013 pick which might be a great value pick

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Dwight Howard over Tyson?

A grown ass man over a little boy (not some Sandusky ****, pause on that.)

A downright vicious beast over a wishy-washy big shouldered mentally fragile puppy?

Why?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Dwight is not built for The Knicks too much pressure

Let him go to the Brooklyn Clippers....oops I mean Nets!

Here is the difference between Tyson Chandler and Dwight...Dwight is a beast with his combination of strength speed and agility, but it is those physical tools is why he puts up those numbers....he has virtually no basketball I.Q.

Tyson Chandler was a difference maker for The Mavs because of his I.Q.

Dwight's numbers will always be better, but Tyson will make more of an impact

So, Dwight is the type of player you build around, you put the players who make smart plays around him.

Tyson is the type of player who you add to a team with talent.

If I was a GM and my team had the first pick in the Draft, I would select Dwight....If I was a GM trying to win a Title I would take Tyson!

So it comes down to team need....and we need Tyson more than Dwight!

fender0577

Rotation player
Ok i wasn't going to say anything on this matter, but i had to.I love TC just as much as the next knicks fan, but i'm not blinded by my love of the knicks, if Dwight is available you get him, stop with these stupid reasons why you wouldn't take Howard over TC, stop trying to convince yourselves you wouldn't do that deal in a heartbeat.We're a better team with Howard period, like i said earlier i love TC, but i'm not going to fool myself, and you guys shouldn't either.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Ok i wasn't going to say anything on this matter, but i had to.I love TC just as much as the next knicks fan, but i'm not blinded by my love of the knicks, if Dwight is available you get him, stop with these stupid reasons why you wouldn't take Howard over TC, stop trying to convince yourselves you wouldn't do that deal in a heartbeat.We're a better team with Howard period, like i said earlier i love TC, but i'm not going to fool myself, and you guys shouldn't either.

I disagree. There's something to be said for the leadership of a TC.

I'm not fooling myself into anything. Tyson is more mature, he's a leader of men, and he's a champion. Dwight can jump high and has big shoulders.

Yea it's a physical upgrade over Tyson, but that's it.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I would definitely not trade chandler for dwight. It's called team chemistry, something we haven't had on this team in a decade. The more random changes we make, the more setbacks we'll have because we'll have to now incorporate that change in the roster. I've always said, you look at the best teams, they have a solid core of superstars. Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Lakers etc.

Chandler was the heart and soul of our defense this year and it would be a slap in the face both to him and the team to let him go even if it means bringing D Howard.

fender0577

Rotation player
I disagree. There's something to be said for the leadership of a TC.

I'm not fooling myself into anything. Tyson is more mature, he's a leader of men, and he's a champion. Dwight can jump high and has big shoulders.

Yea it's a physical upgrade over Tyson, but that's it.
Who' better player?

I would definitely not trade chandler for dwight. It's called team chemistry, something we haven't had on this team in a decade. The more random changes we make, the more setbacks we'll have because we'll have to now incorporate that change in the roster. I've always said, you look at the best teams, they have a solid core of superstars. Bulls, Spurs, Celtics, Lakers etc.

Chandler was the heart and soul of our defense this year and it would be a slap in the face both to him and the team to let him go even if it means bringing D Howard.
Who's the better player?

elcol

Rotation player
Who' better player?

Who's the better player?

good work ignoring everything they just said and asking the same question twice. IF you read what they wrote then you would notice that its not always about "whos the better player"

fender0577

Rotation player
good work ignoring everything they just said and asking the same question twice. IF you read what they wrote then you would notice that its not always about "whos the better player"
Calm down i read their post and it's always about who's better, just because you don't like someone's attitude, doesn't mean they not a better fit for your team.Most of you guys are crying about his off the court situation and over looking who's the better player.Good work for not bringing anything to this debate.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Tyson Chandler DOMINATES Dwight Howard everytime they matchup, check Dwights numbers vs Tyson. They are way beyond what he would put up against anybody else.

The problem in this league nowadays is that the number of dominate big men in this league have gradually DECREASED giving players like BYNUM and HOWARD advantages basically every night.

Chandler is a TRUE leader, Dwight gives up on his team when things aren't going his way and thats a FACT. Isn't Dwight the same guy who threatened to sit out the playoffs because he didn't want to play for van gundy :lol:. I kind of feel bad for the Magic last season having to deal with so much Howard drama.

Yes DWIGHT HOWARD is the better all around player, i can agree there, but just because your a better player does not mean a championship will fall into your lap. Leadership, team work and the will to WIN also plays a role.

Peep the Mavs and Heat in the finals, how did the old mavs win against the heat? wasn't Lebron the best player on the floor? They won because of Leadership from Tyson, Dirk/Terry's will to win and all around TEAM effort.

Peep Thunder vs HEat finals, How did they win? Lebron finally showed some Leadership and confidence (something he lacked last season)

Dwight on the other hand is a cry baby who demands the ball everytime down the court, then yells at his teammates when they make mistakes. Call me again when this guy matures

Everyone knows Dwight is a better overall player than Chandler, but i'd take Chandlers leadership, dominate defensive effort, and heart to win over Drama queen Dwight any day.

The only advantage Dwight has over Chandler is he is YOUNGER more ATHELITIC and Has a POST GAME. so... is that worth trading Lin and Chandler for when you already have Amare and Melo? plus i think OP had Nash as the PG? come on now stop being greedy and appreciate what tyson brings im sick of trading everything we get.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm

No disrespect but this the type of thinking that got us a Bronze Medal 2 Olympics ago!

A team with the best players at the best positions do not amount to the best team!

Again if I had an expansion team and needed a cornerstone, then no question I would pick Dwight!

But per the needs of The Knicks right now, the best player for us is Tyson.

Now...say we traded away Amare in brought in a player like David Lee or KMart then I would take Dwight

But...for better or worst Amare is our PF and he and Dwight does not make sense.

Tyson is not better than Dwight...just better for The Knicks.

Teams that would take Tyson over Dwight with their roster as is

Knicks
Heat
Spurs
Mavericks
Celtics
Chicago

fender0577

Rotation player
Tyson Chandler DOMINATES Dwight Howard everytime they matchup, check Dwights numbers vs Tyson. They are way beyond what he would put up against anybody else.

The problem in this league nowadays is that the number of dominate big men in this league have gradually DECREASED giving players like BYNUM and HOWARD advantages basically every night.

Chandler is a TRUE leader, Dwight gives up on his team when things aren't going his way and thats a FACT. Isn't Dwight the same guy who threatened to sit out the playoffs because he didn't want to play for van gundy :lol:. I kind of feel bad for the Magic last season having to deal with so much Howard drama.

Yes DWIGHT HOWARD is the better all around player, i can agree there, but just because your a better player does not mean a championship will fall into your lap. Leadership, team work and the will to WIN also plays a role.

Peep the Mavs and Heat in the finals, how did the old mavs win against the heat? wasn't Lebron the best player on the floor? They won because of Leadership from Tyson, Dirk/Terry's will to win and all around TEAM effort.

Peep Thunder vs HEat finals, How did they win? Lebron finally showed some Leadership and confidence (something he lacked last season)

Dwight on the other hand is a cry baby who demands the ball everytime down the court, then yells at his teammates when they make mistakes. Call me again when this guy matures

Everyone knows Dwight is a better overall player than Chandler, but i'd take Chandlers leadership, dominate defensive effort, and heart to win over Drama queen Dwight any day.

The only advantage Dwight has over Chandler is he is YOUNGER more ATHELITIC and Has a POST GAME. so... is that worth trading Lin and Chandler for when you already have Amare and Melo? plus i think OP had Nash as the PG? come on now stop being greedy and appreciate what tyson brings im sick of trading everything we get.
That's pretty much all of the advantages, last i checked.You guys are right that, Dwight has been immature this year, i can't argue that, but his coach was just as immature, it's like Melo vs D'antoni, but once the right guy was brought in, his attitude changed, and we saw a different guy.I believe Howard needs the same kind of change, and we'll see some maturing.I don't think just because your the best, a Chip will just fall in your lap, but i do think he gives use a better shot to win it all than TC does.His post game alone makes it worth the move, him in the post is a miss match every night, so wide open shot's will be available all the time.It's not about being greedy at all, it's about upgrading if you have a chance to, i appreciate TC, but if you can get a better player, you do it, period.