home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksCharlotte Hornets
Reggie Bullock - Sore left knee (OUT)Cody Zeller - Left Hand Fracture (OUT)
Taj Gibson (Not-With-Team)-
Alec Burks - sprained left ankle (Not-With-Team)-
Obi Toppin - Sore right calf (OUT)-
Frank Ntilikina - Sprained right knee (OUT)-

Game Preview

The Charlotte Hornets couldn't be feeling much better about how things are going after a four-night stretch that resulted in three victories.

Another chance to add to the soaring confidence comes Monday night when the New York Knicks visit for a game in Charlotte, N.C.

"We're moving in the right direction," Hornets coach James Borrego said.

That's not the case with the Knicks, who are coming off consecutive home losses. The most recent of those setbacks was Sunday night's 114-89 defeat to the Denver Nuggets.

"I just think we have to get our confidence and swagger back," Knicks forward Julius Randle said.

The Hornets have a season-best three-game winning streak. Rookie guard LaMelo Ball turned in his first NBA triple-double Saturday night against the Atlanta Hawks. The 19-year-old became the youngest player in NBA history to compile a triple-double.

"It's just basketball," Ball said, sounding fully confident. "It's just what I do."

New York and Charlotte both hold .500 records, but the Hornets certainly seem more secure in how things have gone across the past week.

"Super comfortable," guard Terry Rozier said of settling into a role with some new combinations of player rotations. "A lot of credit goes to my teammates allowing me to be me."

The Knicks, who completed a 1-2 homestand, don't want the slide to continue so the outing against the Hornets could prove crucial. They were able to rest some of the regulars down the stretch of Sunday's loss.

"We're not playing well and we have to work on fixing it," Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. "The games keep coming so we have to get ready for Charlotte. You have to make the best use of whatever time you have."

Thibodeau said it's important that the Knicks address their shortcomings even with the rapid-fire schedule providing reduced practice opportunities. New York is 3-2 in road games.

The Knicks have scored 89 points in each of their past two games. Cranking up the offense could come with more energized play.

"(The game at Charlotte) is a great opportunity for us to play hard, fight," Randle said.

Meanwhile, Charlotte leads the NBA in assists with 29 per game.

"We've got a really unselfish group and we have a team full of facilitators," reserve Caleb Martin said.

Said Rozier: "We all want to share the ball."

Martin said the guards have done a good job of setting up Charlotte's top shooters.

Ball's performances have given the Hornets jolts of confidence.

"He's not fazed by the moment," Borrego said. "It's like he has been doing this for a number of years. A 19-year-old rookie doesn't look like this."

Yet some of the turnaround for the Hornets could be attributed to better attention at the defensive end. They largely kept Atlanta Hawks scoring sensation Trae Young in check in two meetings last week, holding the star to 22 total points.

"We have to keep taking pride in making stops," Martin said.

This is the only scheduled meeting between the Knicks and Hornets on the NBA schedule that has been set through early March.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm late again to the Knicks game .. Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady, it looks like Thibs short 8 man rotation are not gonna win another game. The bench players Noel Knox IQ are WEAK on defense and lost & confuse on offense. In other words no-energy or creativeness coming off the Knicks bench.
The only Knicks starters that deserve 30 minute a game are Randle and MitchRob. So Thibs should be playing a 2 unit rotation of 10 players.
End of 3rd qrt. Knicks 68 - Hornets 82

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle felt Byombi was not suppose to defend him because its Garbage Time LOL
96-77 Hornets having 6 min remaining in game

Kiyaman

Legend
Payton & Barrett are BUMS !!!
Rivers & Knox & Noel are BUMS too !!!
The Hornets defense put a lock on Randle's ISO tonight!
Wow! The Knicks performance look like garbage tonight, it's hard to watch the Knicks when another Game is on (Alabama vs Ohio St).

The Knicks couldn't score 90 pts in either of their back to back games.
It's bad enough we have a team defensive problem, but now its become a FACT we have No offense. We been throwing up brick-shot after brick-shot in the past 3 games.

We need to trade coach Thibs and the 8 man rotation he used tonight ASAP !!!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Looks like another season we peak in first month then free fall into irrelevancy. Keep this up and the front office will see no reason to make trades to improve this year?s team.

RJ is 5-18. Either stop playing him 40 minutes enough, tiring his legs, or tell the kid to stop shooting from beyond 10 feet. 5-18 is another pathetic shooting display.

RJ at 24 is gonna be a stud. This version shouldn?t be shooting 20 shots a game.

Broadway

All Star
Another 20pt loss and/or game down by 20

Thibs is going to have to show he can develop players or demand the front office make trades for those he wants

What he can?t do is rotate bodies aimlessly around a flawed player

Kiyaman

Legend
Our last three games performance showed we are gonna get a 1 to 3 first round 2021 draft pick ....
The 8 man rotation Thibs played tonight showed they are unable to win a game this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another 20pt loss and/or game down by 20

Thibs is going to have to show he can develop players or demand the front office make trades for those he wants

What he can’t do is rotate bodies aimlessly around a flawed player

Payton's Flawed!
Barrett's Flawed!
Bullock's Flawed!
Noel's Flawed!
Knox Flawed!
Randle's a 24 minute backup!
Rivers a backup!
Quickley's a rookie!

It look like Dolan are gonna have to do the same thing Frank did after one season, FIRE Rose !!!

pat

Starter
The mood has shifted quickly, here. There are going to be ups and downs. My point the whole time: is it worth wrecking players' health over a couple of extra wins when we are not going anywhere? And once again.