I'm not afraid of Miami at all

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
We shouldn't be

Melo can't guard Lebron and visa versa
Stat>Bosh
Billups>Arroyo/Bibby
The only advantage they have is at the 2 but hopefully Landry grows into a John Starks type of role

I'm not afraid of a city either :thumbsup:

But I'm afraid of the Heat, they'll dominate the East like the Bulls in the 90's.

Especially as long as D'Antoni sticks around with his no defense BS approach.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I'm not afraid of a city either :thumbsup:

But I'm afraid of the Heat, they'll dominate the East like the Bulls in the 90's.

Especially as long as D'Antoni sticks around with his no defense BS approach.

Correct. The only team in the east that can beat Heat are Bulls. I know they just lost 4-1 but next year they will get better. Especially considering the fact that Celtics are getting old, Magic are a mess and Hawks are mediocre as always.

petescud

Starter
We need a big (Howard would be awesome but will never happen) and even Dalembert would be a plus...Douglas and Fields need to work their games or trade one of them for a real 2

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Nothing wrong w a lil' healthy fear/ respect.

It shows you understand what it is you're facing.

I wonder if the teams left in Miami's wake have any fear going forward..

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Miami are 3 good roster moves away from perennial 60+ win seasons.

Be it a couple of vets and a new-blood, whatever.

Look at the difference a healthy Haslem made.

The entire league fears the Heat, and every display of their dominance changes the future of the EC. Re-signing DW was the best way to start our ball rolling, we effectively have 5 years to create as good a counter to their star power as we can.

There are those that refer to selective hearing on this, but if Melo signed as a FA, the whole procedure would have been umpteen times easier for us.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;180064 said:
Miami are 3 good roster moves away from perennial 60+ win seasons.

Be it a couple of vets and a new-blood, whatever.

Look at the difference a healthy Haslem made.

The entire league fears the Heat, and every display of their dominance changes the future of the EC. Re-signing DW was the best way to start our ball rolling, we effectively have 5 years to create as good a counter to their star power as we can.

There are those that refer to selective hearing on this, but if Melo signed as a FA, the whole procedure would have been umpteen times easier for us.

This post is by a person who gets who gets it. Do you know how long it takes to build a "Team" to make it to the Finals. Ask the Mavs who have had 50+ wins in 11 years and only 2 finals "appearances" . If the Mavs win, we still should follow Miami's plan or a plan where our top five matches or exceeds Miami's top five.

We have to do this fast. Our teamm will get old quick.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Miami Heat is or are considered a REBUILDING contender team
for the next six-seasons....the start of a growing dynasty in year one.

Are NBA teams afraid of Miami? Hell Yeah! some of the NBA teams best
players will leave as a FA, and take a "PAYCUT" (MLE) to sign with the Miami
Heat to win a Championship Ring.

Being a hard-nose Knicks-Fan in the 80's and 90's, I cheered the Knicks on
throughout every regular season to get hoarse throughout the postseason
games vs the Larry Bird Cetics and MJ Bulls.
When we lost in a playoff series vs Boston or Chicago, I actually cheered
and wanted the Celtics or Bulls team that beat the Knicks in the playoff
to go all the way to win the FINALS.

I was a Basketball/ Football player before I became a hard-nose fan of
the next team...
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

nyk_nyk

All Star
We shouldn't be

Melo can't guard Lebron and visa versa
Stat>Bosh
Billups>Arroyo/Bibby
The only advantage they have is at the 2 but hopefully Landry grows into a John Starks type of role

They also have a huge advantage on the defensive end and they have a better bench. Add to that Haslem is back in the fold and Miller seems to have found his shooting touch. MIA is about to coast in beast mode if they can get 1 or 2 more nice bench players.