NBA starting five: Players who most want to be traded

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
1. Tim Thomas, Bulls: Thus far this season, Thomas has played only 32 minutes in eight games and scored only 13 points. Says Thomas: "It's just a waste of time being here if I'm not going to play and help the team. On the other hand, it seems like it's a waste of time for the organization. So let's just shake hands and go about it and part ways." —Odds of Bulls being able to trade his $13.6million contract: 10-1.

2. Stephon Marbury, Knicks: It took only seven games for the rift between Marbury, the self-declared "greatest point guard in the NBA" — and Larry Brown to go public. Marbury made it clear he doesn't like having to run set plays most of the time and told Brown he wants to be used like Brown used Allen Iverson in Philadelphia. —Odds of Knicks trading Marbury: 5-2.

3. Jalen Rose, Raptors: The $15million dollar man's 551-game streak of scoring at least one point ended Wednesday when he didn't score and committed four fouls — three offensive — in seven minutes of uninspiring action. Afterward, he made it clear he wasn't happy with his benching. —Odds of Raptors trading Rose: 3-1.

4. Vladimir Radmanovic, SuperSonics: Radmanovic turned down a six-year, $42million contract offer in the summer so he could become a free agent. Naturally, he is unhappy to be averaging only 18 minutes for one of the league's worst teams. His agent says he won't demand a trade but will if things haven't changed after a dozen games. —Odds of Sonics trading Radmanovic: 2-1.

5. Malik Rose, Knicks: Unlike Marbury, the former Spurs player isn't feuding with his coach or causing problems, but Rose can't be happy with his limited role. Accustomed to playing for a title contender, Rose wants to be a contributor on a good team, and he could be. Trouble is, he has four more years at more than $29million. —Odds of Knicks trading Rose: 8-1.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...MYSA112005.14C.BKNstarting.five.26329ba8.html

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
does larry brown hold teams back on offense? look at how good detroit is doing without him, and its not as if they just made a bunch of acquisitions in the off season, its pretty much the same group of players.

they are scoring close to 100 points a game now, something they never did in the LB era.

im beginning to think larry might be overrated as a coach...and i side with marbury a little when he says hes not being used properly...the guy is definetely capable of averaging EITHER 25 points a night or 10 assists a game. if hes getting 15 points and 5 assists, that means theres something wrong with the coach who is not properly using him. id understand 15 and 10 or 20 and 7, but not 15 and 5.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah, I like this topic but I don't think Marbury wants to be traded. I think he is just frustrated with his lack of contribution thus far, but he is starting to be more aggresive and his points and assists are starting to balance out and to Larry Brown's liking.

Ted

Benchwarmer
The Pistons might not have scored 100 points/game with LB, but they were 1 win away from back to back titles. In my opinion that's much more important.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i dont think steph wants to be traded but obviously he wasnt happy with the coaching plan. i think brown realizes he needs him to score. the confusion with the rest of the lineup though will take time to sort out...larry brown keeps talking about point guards he likes (just now, brevin knight) which is putting pressure or nate.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Steph obviously does not want to be traded, he has been to several organizations already, and he always says his dream is to play for the Knicks. He will start doing what LB says bcuz he knows that if it comes down to him or larry, he is going to go. The last thing he needs to to be traded again, his critics will rip him apart, and most likely he will be written off as a loser. If he wants to make a name for himself he needs to listen to brown and make people better.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I agree, Steph does not want to be traded he is just having touble running Browns offense. That being said, I think they would trade him if the chance come up. Malik is in the same boat, he wants to stay but might be traded (maybe for Patterson).

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i wana keep both malik and marbury

Malik is doing a fine job here i dont care wut n e one else says, and so is marbury