Lakers shoot down Melo Trade Rumors

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Lakers Shoot Down Bynum For Anthony Trade Report
Feb 08, 2011 13:20 PM EST

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.

Via Los Angeles Times
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210752/Lakers_Shoot_Down_Bynum_For_Anthony_Trade_Report

Told ya guys so relax.

I really believe if the Knicks came out right now and said "OK we'll throw in Fields"... Ujiri would say "not enough" ... if Knicks said "we will give you Gallo" Ujiri would say "I have some other options to consider"

If Knicks said we are writing you into the Dolan will... Ujiri will say... I've got to consider if it is enough...

He used the same tactics with Nyets. Until Kroenke sr. tells him to make the deal, Ujiri is just a weak front man.....

Dolan's call to Kroenke was a good thing.... all along Kronke has made it clear he wants to save $$$

If they want us to take on salary... then Dolan wants to know for sure so the negotiations can get down to dollars and cents and not players.

All the rest is a smokescreen.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210752/Lakers_Shoot_Down_Bynum_For_Anthony_Trade_Report

Told ya guys so relax.

I really believe if the Knicks came out right now and said "OK we'll throw in Fields"... Ujiri would say "not enough" ... if Knicks said "we will give you Gallo" Ujiri would say "I have some other options to consider"

If Knicks said we are writing you into the Dolan will... Ujiri will say... I've got to consider if it is enough...

He used the same tactics with Nyets. Until Kroenke sr. tells him to make the deal, Ujiri is just a weak front man.....

Dolan's call to Kroenke was a good thing.... all along Kronke has made it clear he wants to save $$$

If they want us to take on salary... then Dolan wants to know for sure so the negotiations can get down to dollars and cents and not players.

All the rest is a smokescreen.

LOL. Pretty funny stuff. Good call...

tiger0330

Legend
The Lakers didn't deny it, just said it was inaccurate. Just might not be Bynum thats going to be traded.

LA is a major media city, great bball town, similar game atmosphere to NY, we have Spike they have Jack. Don't take them lightly, if they work out a deal with Denver they could sell Melo that he can win a ring there, be in the movies, commercials.

No matter how unlikely I think it is that the Lakers would deal for Melo, and how unlikely I think it is that Kobe and Melo could co-exist, I'm still more nervous abuot this possibility than any other scenarios, merely because if Melo goes to LA, he's probably not leaving.

Whereas if the Mavs, or Rockets decided to rent him for the year, it's almost a lock that he would leave after the season. Unless, of course, the new CBA has a franchise tag.

The Lakers didn't deny it, just said it was inaccurate. Just might not be Bynum thats going to be traded.

LA is a major media city, great bball town, similar game atmosphere to NY, we have Spike they have Jack. Don't take them lightly, if they work out a deal with Denver they could sell Melo that he can win a ring there, be in the movies, commercials.
What pieces do the Lakers have besides Bynum that they'll trade? Kobe, Pau? :teeth:

MProv00

Rookie
The Lakers and the Denver Nuggets have had preliminary discussions about a blockbuster trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to Los Angeles, according to league sources. The Lakers' package would be built around Andrew Bynum.

Talks are in the preliminary stages, but it appears that another option besides the New York Knicks has materialized for the Nuggets.

"There have been discussions between the two teams," one of the sources said. "The Lakers are definitely an option."

Of course, Anthony, who can opt out of his contract after this season, would likely have to agree to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Lakers for them to part with Bynum. But Los Angeles is believed to be a city Anthony would be amenable to playing in, as he and his wife, La La Vasquez, bought a home there last summer. Two people close to Anthony said the Nuggets superstar would sign off on a deal that would make him a Laker.

The Nuggets have no interest in Lakers forward Ron Artest and sources said they may not insist on getting Lamar Odom either. A straight-up trade of Anthony for Bynum meets the financial requirements of the collective bargaining agreement, but more players could be involved since Denver would look to shed as much salary as possible.

The Lakers first contacted the Charlotte Bobcats last week, looking to deal Artest for either Stephen Jackson or Gerald Wallace, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. The Bobcats were initially intrigued because owner Michael Jordan has long appreciated Artest's toughness, but talks ended during the weekend after the Bobcats learned Artest was not excited about playing in Charlotte.

The Nuggets are also engaged in talks with New York about a three-way trade involving the Minnesota Timberwolves. Initial discussions centered around Denver getting Wilson Chandler, with Minnesota sending Corey Brewer and a first-round pick to Denver as well. But Denver wants more than that and has its eye on young Knicks assets Danilo Gallinari and Landry Fields, along with Chandler.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

idk now

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer

Well I agree with certain things on your post..But when it comes to more entertaining city it's definitely New york..I've been to L,A And everything closes super early at 2:00 am on the weekends. by the time lakers play it's 10:30 pm when mostly everyone in the east coast is going to bed if its a weeknight..Considering that most of his family lives in New york. Atmosphere isn't really the same L,A is more relaxed while Nyc is more uptempo..But if he does get traded to l,a and signs an extension.it will say alot about him wanting to play for his so called "Hometown" :boohoo:

tiger0330

Legend
^^^Major factor is he owns a house out there so you know either him or his wife do major business there or they like the town. That would be an insane team on paper, Kobe, Melo, Pau, Odom or Bynum. Don't think Denver wants to trade Melo to a WC rival, I would rather trade him to an east coast team rather than meet them in the playoffs every year and lose to them.