PRESEASON Knicks vs. Sixers

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
KNICKS WIN! 103-90

Good game, Fred Jones looked really good. I knew this would end up as a knicks victory. New Jersey is next.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I also liked what i saw from Morris...he bodied up n got some boards n pts

Collins also had a nice block and 4 steals

GetRealistic

Starter
If Jefferies can continue to play big time defense, and atleast have a semi effective offensive game we may have something here. Maybe missing all that time last season just messed with his mind, and now hes back.

And doe any team in the league have two more athletic small guy jumpers than Nate and Jones.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
I am lovin this deal we made with portland we got two great players out of this trade zach and my crazy dude jones sportsillustrated rate the knicks 6th in east and 2nd in atlantic ahhhhhh I love this improved knick team but I want chandler to turn into lebron lol I can dream great win tho

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Yeah Baby

Fred can defend second rate guards his offense is ok but he supposed to be a stopper but gets beat up by better players. Nichols well hes not making the team hes a distraction especially being picked in the 2nd round. If Isiah didnt see potention in this kid he probably would have dropped alot further down if we didnt pick him up. Yeah i didnt think about it his attitude is messed up already especially for a rookie. Not even a rookie he dosnt even have a spot on the team yet i guess if Isiah is scrooing with this guy he kinda deserves it. But he is a pure shooter and a tall guard i hope he changes his attitude so we can do something positive with him.
The 3rd unit didnt do so well against the sixers while they were playing together.
:gony:

This game was great, for me atleast in the it showed me that the team chemistry we had monday against the celtics is here to stay. Zack is a flat out baller, Nate is back to being Nate the Great, Freddie Jones can fly (and play D), Mardy Collins showed us that the end of last years preformance was not a fluke and he's probably our best true PG on the team, and Jared Jeffries is mucho improved. I couldn't belive it when I heard where ESPN had us ranked, we almost never get any positive press. Do you think Zeke's boo birds have left the Garden? Unfortinitly Curry looks like crap so far and whats with Q's ankle? I hope we come out on friday against a much better N.J. team and play with the same type of team chemistry and show that we can have consistancy on the defencive effoft as well.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like what I've seen the past 2 games. In the game last night I was impressed with Randolph and nate the great again, and fred Jones showed us why he deserves some playing time with his good defense and his offense. Jeffries looked very sharp defensively. Isiah is going to have a tough time figuring out when to play who. Look at all the guys on the bench, you got Nate robinson, mardy collins, fred jones, balkmen, chandler, david lee, jared jeffries, and Morris. Good luck, Isiah.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Everyone on the team looks ready.
I hope Curry gets out of that fouling funk. Past 2 games he's been in bad foul trouble.

I am really impressed by Jefferies. He was all over Korver - dude had no room to breathe!

Fred is no joke, and Nate looks like he's finally got it. Take the open shots, don't force up any and look for the open man.

Zach is a beast man. He and Lee work great together.

And my man Mardy - stellar defense still on a bad knee - 4 stls and a blk in 10mins
Hopefully, his knee heals up well. They are saying that the intense practices set him back some as far as his healing process - hence the reason Isiah has not been playing him as much.

Fred is a lock for the last roster spot, but if we can buyout Jerome James or force him into a medical retirement - we should pick up nichols....that dude is a lethal shooter.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Having seen all the televised pre-season Knicks games so far, IT coaches the game as a real season game for about 3 quarters so I'll only comment on that timeframe.

EC has been having trouble positioning himself in the paint defensively and he needs to be a lil quicker on his lateral movements. I still think he's a beast on offense and will probably be an all-star this year.

Crawford is having a horrible time shooting the ball. However, the good thing about crawford is that his quickness off the dribble can get him to the line for points.

Honestly, I think Steph is ready for the season and is just letting other people do their thing. He actually seemed uninterested last night during Nate's offensive explosion.

Zack is everything we wanted Frye to be and more. Inside and outside game as well as rebounding... Perfect! AND Garnett gave him props the other day saying that he can lock down on D when he wants to.

Jeffries looks more comfortable this season probably because he doesn't have the "new knick" tag placed on him anymore. I expect plenty of intangibles from him this year.

Nate is unbelievable! His offensive game in my opinion is right up there with Steph's. If he can continue finding open teamates, Mardy may need to get himself some coffee and a book on that bench.

Nichols WILL BE a high scorer in this league. From what I've seen so far in summer league and pre-season, he reminds me of Mitch Richmond. The Heat desperately need someone like him right now.

Morris is way better than James... Nuff said.

Lee can do no wrong. He could easily fit on the 90's Knicks teams. He needs to develop a short range jumper but even if he doesn't he'll still average 10 and 10 off the bench.

Q loves to lock down his opponent and can put up 20 points on any given night. I've gotten over Artest.

Wilson Chandler is a good solid player, but unfortunately Balkman has that spot as long as he's healthy.

Knicks will be the surprise team of the EAST.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'm hoping Curry will get it after a while...some of his fouls are pretty obvious

... at this rate the real down low chemistry is forming between lee and randolph