Knicks Are 1st On List!

Smooth

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony's wish list starts with the New York Knicks, but that's not the only trade destination he's targeting.
Sources briefed on the state of Anthony's ongoing push to be dealt by the Denver Nuggets told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Chicago Bulls are a firm 1A on his list. This is partly attributed to the fact that the Bulls are much closer to assembling the sort of package Denver would want in return for its franchise player than the Knicks.
Over the last 72 hours, sources said, Anthony's representatives -- headed by agent Leon Rose -- have been ramping up the pressure on the Nuggets to complete a deal with the Knicks or the Bulls before training camps open leaguewide next week.
Sources say that Denver officials, however, are not inclined to rush into anything. ESPN.com reported Sunday night that the Nuggets, in recent days, have been telling interested teams for the first time that they are willing to field offers for Anthony after resisting such inquiries for weeks.
<!-- begin inline 1 --><!--INLINE MUG-->
1975.jpg

Anthony
<!--END INLINE MUG--><!-- end inline 1 -->
But even as the Nuggets have opted to see what sort of haul can be had for their high-scoring forward, there remains strong sentiment within the organization to slow the process down in hopes of mounting one last campaign to win back Anthony's support.
The Nuggets, sources said, are clinging to the hope that Anthony might reconsider his trade-me stance once he starts hearing some Denver-friendly voices upon reporting to camp after weeks of isolation from the organization.
Anthony will be greeted by the likes of head coach George Karl and trusted teammate Chauncey Billups trying to convince the 26-year-old that his current team is not far away from a return to contention in the Western Conference and that the foundation of the group that reached the West finals in 2009 should not be scrapped.
Yet sources say that the message from Anthony's camp to the Nuggets has stayed consistent: New York and Chicago are the preferred landing spots, with New Jersey and Houston also still in the conversation.
The Nets remain a viable option because of their planned move to Brooklyn and because the Nets have what several rival executives believe to be the deepest cache of assets to satisfy Denver's trade demands in its worst-case scenario.
Though the Rockets are the fourth known team in the Anthony sweepstakes, multiple sources close to the situation insisted Friday that Houston is not making guard Kevin Martin part of the discussions. The Nuggets, sources maintain, would expect a combination of expiring contracts, future first-round draft picks and at least one marketable young talent if they ultimately concede that Anthony must be traded between now and the February trading deadline.
The Nuggets have offered Anthony, who can become a free agent next July, a three-year extension worth $65 million.
ESPN.com reported Monday that the Nets are widely regarded in NBA front-office circles as the frontrunner for Anthony. New Jersey is reportedly willing to package No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors with the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries and at least one future first-rounder.
It's believed that the Nets, though, would insist on Anthony agreeing to a contract extension as part of the trade -- as Kevin Garnett did when Minnesota sent him to Boston in the summer of 2007 -- before they agree to surrender assets such as Favors and draft picks.
The Bulls could theoretically trump any New Jersey offer if they were willing to include center Joakim Noah as part of a deal for Anthony. Sources with knowledge of Chicago's thinking, however, have maintained for days that the Bulls are strongly against the inclusion of Noah, revealing instead that Chicago has offered a package featuring Luol Deng, Taj Gibson and one future first-rounder.
Playing alongside former Team USA teammate Amare Stoudemire in New York is thought to hold the greatest appeal to Anthony, something Stoudemire openly discussed earlier in the summer. The Knicks, though, simply lack the draft picks to sweeten a package that sources say would be centered around Eddy Curry's expiring contract and either Danilo Gallinari or Anthony Randolph -- but not both of those young players.
The Knicks, Bulls and Nets all stand to benefit from Denver's determination to send Anthony out of the Western Conference if it decides there is no alternative apart from trading him, but sources close to the process note that a third team would almost certainly have to be recruited to help facilitate a deal.
Reports have persisted for weeks that Anthony, wielding the hammer of his potential free agency in the wake of the defections of LeBron James and Chris Bosh to Miami, wants out. ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported Aug. 16 that it was "a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways."
But Anthony has not made any such declarations publicly, announcing Tuesday night via his Twitter feed: "Everyone has [their] own opinion. It's funny. It cracks me up."
Yet Anthony did add in a follow-up tweet: "When I know something ... you guys will know something."

nyk_nyk

All Star
We've know this for some time now. The issue now is what exactly will it cost us and is Melo willing to play the final year out in DEN and then add him to strengthen the team while retaining our young core?

Paul1355

All Star
I like how the report says that Gallo and Randolph won't both be part of a trade, that would be too much young talent to give up.

I guess if we could trade Chandler for a 1st round pick, trade that to Denver with Curry, Gallo, and another young player in Walker with 2nd round picks...that could work out.

We get Melo

Denver gets 1st round, two 2nd round picks, Curry, Gallinari, Walker

That is plenty

I like how the report says that Gallo and Randolph won't both be part of a trade, that would be too much young talent to give up.

I guess if we could trade Chandler for a 1st round pick, trade that to Denver with Curry, Gallo, and another young player in Walker with 2nd round picks...that could work out.

We get Melo

Denver gets 1st round, two 2nd round picks, Curry, Gallinari, Walker

That is plenty
If anybodys going its AR. D'antoni will quit before he lets Walsh trade Gallo. Plus Gallo did an interview today and said that if a trade for Mello is made he feals he isnt going to be the one to go.

If you ask me were ether going to trade Azabukie and/or Chandler, Currys expiring, Sky-Walker, a 1st rounder and a couple 2nd rounders.

Paul1355

All Star
If anybodys going its AR. D'antoni will quit before he lets Walsh trade Gallo. Plus Gallo did an interview today and said that if a trade for Mello is made he feals he isnt going to be the one to go.

If you ask me were ether going to trade Azabukie and/or Chandler, Currys expiring, Sky-Walker, a 1st rounder and a couple 2nd rounders.
No one will want Azubuike because of his patela injury, untill Azzy is back to 100% just exclude him for trade possibilities.

Remember that Randolph also told reporters that Walsh and D'Antoni told him that he would be here for multiple years, that is more convincing than Gallo saying that he hasn't heard anything.

Mike D is in love with Gallo and Walsh is in love with Randolph(ever since Randolph was a draft prospect Walsh wanted him but Gallo was the #1 Euro prospect and D'Antoni loved him so he went for Gallo)

I really think that Knicks fans are so hooked on the homegrown player that they don't see Gallo being traded. They want Gallo to be the Derek Jeter of the Knicks, the problem is that if A-Rod was available when Jeter first came into the league, teh Yankees would have traded Jeter for A-Rod(Melo).

Melo is a super star where Gallo is a young talent than can be an allstar, but there is no guarantee that he can be consistent(remember Gallo's one month rookie shooting slump!) or carry a team if Amare is hurt or struggling. Melo can carry a team.

AR is younger than Gallo, and because Walsh is in charge who really likes Randolph and has to assemble a winning team as soon as possible, don't be shocked if the Knicks trade Gallo to bring a new era to NY.

No one will want Azubuike because of his patela injury, untill Azzy is back to 100% just exclude him for trade possibilities.

Remember that Randolph also told reporters that Walsh and D'Antoni told him that he would be here for multiple years, that is more convincing than Gallo saying that he hasn't heard anything.

Mike D is in love with Gallo and Walsh is in love with Randolph(ever since Randolph was a draft prospect Walsh wanted him but Gallo was the #1 Euro prospect and D'Antoni loved him so he went for Gallo)

I really think that Knicks fans are so hooked on the homegrown player that they don't see Gallo being traded. They want Gallo to be the Derek Jeter of the Knicks, the problem is that if A-Rod was available when Jeter first came into the league, teh Yankees would have traded Jeter for A-Rod(Melo).

Melo is a super star where Gallo is a young talent than can be an allstar, but there is no guarantee that he can be consistent(remember Gallo's one month rookie shooting slump!) or carry a team if Amare is hurt or struggling. Melo can carry a team.

AR is younger than Gallo, and because Walsh is in charge who really likes Randolph and has to assemble a winning team as soon as possible, don't be shocked if the Knicks trade Gallo to bring a new era to NY.
Those are all good points, but Maybe were both right. Maybe Walsh is working on getting a third team involved where we dont have to give up Gallo or Randolph. both Chris Broussard and Stephen A have said that we need to tget a third team involved, maybe thats what Walsh is doing right now.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Denver doesnt even want Gallinari or Chandler. And we have no picks.

I just dont see how this deal works unless a third team is willing to give up asset players to Den and we trade our assets to that third team.

A straight up deal isnt gonna work because Den is not budging....

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
He better not go to chicago. They will be stacked. All you Carmelo haters do no want him to go to chicago. If I where Carmelo, I would just tell the nuggets I'm only going to NY and they gotta end up trading you because they need something and they don't need a disgrunted superstar on there team like many people said.

This is gonna be some bulshttt if he goees to chicago. Losing out on Lebron and Carmelo. Yes gallo is good but he is never gonna be better then either of those guys. When it comes down to it, at the end of games Carmelo will win games. Gallo hasent proven that he can be a NBA star. I love how some guys on here act like gallo is the next NBA star, I highly doubt that. I bet money gallo dosent break out this season. I wish he would but hes not that good.

elcol

Rotation player
He better not go to chicago. They will be stacked. All you Carmelo haters do no want him to go to chicago. If I where Carmelo, I would just tell the nuggets I'm only going to NY and they gotta end up trading you because they need something and they don't need a disgrunted superstar on there team like many people said.

This is gonna be some bulshttt if he goees to chicago. Losing out on Lebron and Carmelo. Yes gallo is good but he is never gonna be better then either of those guys. When it comes down to it, at the end of games Carmelo will win games. Gallo hasent proven that he can be a NBA star. I love how some guys on here act like gallo is the next NBA star, I highly doubt that. I bet money gallo dosent break out this season. I wish he would but hes not that good.

agreed, with some of that post. the simple fact is that although gallo has a lot of potential chicago will easily overpower us and thats just helping them create a big 3, and we can't forget the leverage that carmelo has and denver might as well try to get something outta the trade.

to be honest, im happy both ways, if we don't get carmelo, then we still have gallo, if we do get carmelo, then we can compete with miami and other teams, and bulls dont become mega stacked.
:gony: