I'm officially eating my crow...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Carmelo is THE MOST CLUTCH MOTHERFUKKER I HAVE EVER SEEN and please, don't hesitate to fukking neg rep me if I will once again say he's shooting too much. ENJOY!
I will certainly not negative rep you or even attack you.
You made me understand last week that the reason people hated Melo was because he should have been doing this all year...WHICH HE F*CKING SHOULD HAVE.
However lets just all thank god he is now.
:gony:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Carmelo is THE MOST CLUTCH MOTHERFUKKER I HAVE EVER SEEN and please, don't hesitate to fukking neg rep me if I will once again say he's shooting too much. ENJOY!
aha i give you ehh 3 more melo iso bricks till you change your mind lol.

but :agreed: Melo is the most clutch player in the NBA, his Game winners speak for them selves :beer: green reps =p

Alot of people may say Kobe is more clutch and they have every right to say he is, but ill still give the ball to a focused Melo for a last shot over a focused Kobe.. but thats just me. At the end of the day both know how to close a game

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
no hard feelings you had every right to shit on Melo because he was playing like shit, BUT we kept saying D'Antoni wasn't using him right, Woodson is and now you see what he should of been all year long

I'll rep you for owning up and being a man

New New York

Quiet Storm

on the contrary....+1 for manning up and admitting you were wrong

And to your defense, things were looking bleak for Melo with the injuries and all, we all had some level of doubt about Melo (he probally was doubting himself a bit) but he has responded well, not just this game, but the past 3 weeks he has been as good a player in the whole league!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It looks like Melo not only is healthy now, he doesn't care at all about potential booing from the home crowd. He's playing his game and it's working.

CA7

Scoring Champ
It looks like Melo not only is healthy now, he doesn't care at all about potential booing from the home crowd. He's playing his game and it's working.

Honestly if Melo continues this streak all the way to at least an ECF the Garden would have no right to boo him anymore

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Honestly if Melo continues this streak all the way to at least an ECF the Garden would have no right to boo him anymore
They NEVER did. People forgot he kept us from being much worse early in the season. There were times a few weeks ago where I didn't like how he was playing (quick threes for example), but there's no reason to boo him.

Smith better pick it up before he gets booed. I like him, but I don't accept how he played today. No idea why he was in instead of Douglas.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Melo plays better without Stats. He doesn't have to think if he should pass to Stat or shoot. When Stat is back, Melo will fall back into the old. I hope i am wrong.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Melo plays better without Stats. He doesn't have to think if he should pass to Stat or shoot. When Stat is back, Melo will fall back into the old. I hope i am wrong.
This is a good question. I agree, Melo is playing better without Stat mainly because when he takes so many shots he is in a shooting ritm, but with stat he will be forced to pass, and he may not be as effective. I dont know, maybe Woody should limit playing them at the same time as much as possible.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo always looks to pass 1st when iso'ing if you notice he holds it looks at the cutters, if nothing is there he reads the D with his jab steps and then works his man

Melo will be fine when STAT comes back the real problem is Lin who takes Melo out of his game

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
CA7, i have noticed that too. Lin does take a lot of shots for a point guard and for some reason doesnt pass to Melo as much as he should.
Melo is by far my favorite player and i dont like that aspect of Lins game. I think Woody has to fix it when Lin does come back.

fender0577

Rotation player
Melo always looks to pass 1st when iso'ing if you notice he holds it looks at the cutters, if nothing is there he reads the D with his jab steps and then works his man

Melo will be fine when STAT comes back the real problem is Lin who takes Melo out of his game
:agreed:Because fields let him sleep on his couch, so he only passes him the ball.He doesn't even look for STAT and MELO, i like LIN, but he has to realize his run is over, and get the ball to his best players.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Exactly last year Melo played fine when STAT was here and at the beginning of the season it was Amare's game who suffered playing with Melo. It's really Lin that holds Melo back because he's a ball dominant scoring PG and Melo needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective there's a conflict of playing styles with Lin and Melo.

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
Why eat crow? He played like shit the first few weeks back from his injury. It finally appears that he has returned to form.

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
:agreed:Because fields let him sleep on his couch, so he only passes him the ball.He doesn't even look for STAT and MELO, i like LIN, but he has to realize his run is over, and get the ball to his best players.

Lin's run is over? He is still a member of this team. He can have a big game when he comes back and has the capability to carry the team as he did when Anthony was out. Instead of crowing one player as the go-to guy, we ought to celebrate our depth and unpredictability on offense.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

That is simply not true.

It's not a good thing to lie.

Can't we just celebrate Melo's great performance without pointing fingers?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Weren't there reports saying D'Antoni told Lin not to pass it to Melo?
Like the days before he "resigned"
especially after he tried trading Melo for D.Will?