Ricky Rubio agrees to terms with the T-Wolves

finestrg

Rotation player
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213948/Rubio_Timberwolves_Agree_To_Terms

Say what you want about David Kahn, he definitely comes off like a douche-bag at times, but this guy slowly & very quietly is building a very good team out there with a ton of talent. I can't wait to see Rubio first hand, see what he's really all about and see if he can cut it in the NBA. Kahn had to wait a little bit but it looks like he close to getting his man..What'cha all think about RR and this Minnesota squad?

mafra

Legend
Rubio stinks. He can abrely play in Spain. Maybe in 4 years he might be ok. Luke Ridnour is better. I hope MIN gives him to NY. Luke would help us.

knicksin60

Starter
Has SI done a "Most Overrated Basketball Player" poll?

If not, they should have Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez at the top of that list.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Kid has good size, long arms, plays defense, and is respected by his opponents.

Hard to teach some of that.

WIll be fun to watch.

tiger0330

Legend
He had until the end of Tuesday to sign and get a rookie scale contract under this CBA or he risked not getting a contract if the NBA has a lock out for who knows what money.

This way he gets a nice contract of about 5.5M to 8M so it's no surprise he signed. He had a mediocre year in Spain and I don't care what his fans think about his passing, he needs a jump shot or he will be a bust in the NBA.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Tommy Dee of TheKnicksBlog believes that Rubio has agreed to terms because there's a trade in the works...but that's also just his suspicion

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm going to join the "I have a trade that's ****ing pointless" troop, by saying:

Balkman, Rautins and a re-signed Derrick Brown for Johnny Flynn!

Yay!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks are looking at Deron Williams or Chris Paul to replace Billups as the PG come 2012. I seriously doubt Rubio is in the mix unless he comes 'on the cheap.' Balkman and Walker? Something like that.

Otherwise, if a big doesn't fall to the Knicks in the draft, they will take a Shumpert or Jackson and have a backup PG anyway (better than Rubio).

NOW... I could envision a scenario where they deal for Rubio, hope to "showcase" him and then use him as a pawn to trade for Paul come next Feb.

HOWEVER, chances are the season could be in jeopardy and like the other poster just said... SOUNDS like this was all about the money.

jzero29

Rotation player
Rubio

I wouldn't tag him with allstar status right away...that said, he's only 21, he's a pass first point guard, used to playing a more european team orientated style. As opossed to the typical one on one style american point guard.

his game may depend on his teamates...who seem pretty talented.
he's young needs some work, but should be interesting to see develope.

LeFlume

All Star
Rubio won't survive his rookie contract. There is no way that dude will make it in the NBA. Absolutely none...You need to be able to create your own shot. He is not. He is too weak. He just doesn't have the strength to survive in the NBA.

You guys been buying his stocks for two years and for what? His cool name? His passing skills in an empty gym? Have you ever seen that guy banging bodies with NBA street brawlers? Give me a effing break...Rubio have Adam Morrison written all over him. The most overrated NBA prospect EVER!!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I dunno about you but Rubio looked pretty good in the 2008 Summer Olympics, which is where I think his stock started rising. Don't forget that Rubio and Pau Gasol came pretty close to beating Team USA before Kobe told LeBron and the Miami clowns to step aside

jzero29

Rotation player
time will tell

time will tell. I think he has a shot. A llot of young players are more frail...some guys don't fill out until there mid 20's. how many college prospects have banged against NBA street ballers? Most college teams olny have 1 maybe 2 NBA ready players...they may have a ton of NBA prospects developing...but not current NBA talent.
besides as far as banging goes...do you really need to bang with street brawlers as a point guard.