Knicks considering adding Allan to roster

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea i wanna see what he could still do....just make sure he's wearing his #20 jersey after watching him for solong i've grown accoustomed to seeing it watching jeffires wear that number is painful

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I disagree. He barely made it through training camp, I doubt he'll make it through the season in an up-tempo system with a depleted roster. We've only got 7 guys playing right now. We need guys that can actually contribute. We don't need players sitting on the bench for nostalgic reasons.

I disagree. He barely made it through training camp, I doubt he'll make it through the season in an up-tempo system with a depleted roster. We've only got 7 guys playing right now. We need guys that can actually contribute. We don't need players sitting on the bench for nostalgic reasons.

LJ4, you don't think Allen Houston can cover Robersons min.? Houston is still a great shooter and on this team you really don't need to hustle on the defensive side of the ball.

not sure about how D - League signing works .

but

J.R. Giddens , UTA

is avg over 20 a game...and is young, atheltic, and can shoot ...

forget allan houston

Nice call on J.R. Giddens :thumbsup:

richtree

Rotation player
yeah, seriously., why not give these young atheltic kids a chance....

Lenny Cooke should have gotten a chance....

JR can play, and he can shoot.....alil NBA coaching and he can defend too

this is what makes good GM's

LJ4ptplay

Starter
LJ4, you don't think Allen Houston can cover Robersons min.? Houston is still a great shooter and on this team you really don't need to hustle on the defensive side of the ball.

Nice call on J.R. Giddens :thumbsup:

Houston might be able to cover Roberson's minutes. I'm just not sure his body can hold up much longer. He hasn't been able to make it through training camp, twice.

I would much rather get a player that can actually contribute and may be a part of the future.

What about D-Leaguer Joe Crawford?

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=joe_crawford

6'5" Shooting Guard: PPG 29.0 RPG 5.30 APG 2.7 EFF+ 24.00

portega1968

El Cacique
not sure about how D - League signing works .

but

J.R. Giddens , UTA

is avg over 20 a game...and is young, atheltic, and can shoot ...

forget allan houston

J.R. Giddens is under contract with the Celtics for 3 more years. For now, Bill Walker and J.R. are assigned to the DLeague to get some playing time, but they can only be traded for or called up by Boston.

I'd love to see Allan, but if ya'll remember, he couldnt' even make it in preseason... he's just not NBA-able anymore and it would be useless to sign him if not for PR purposes.

We need to look elsewhere. I'm not sure if Joe Crawford is on someone's roster, but he seems like a good candidate (maybe you can give him the #11 jersey and that way we can pretend it's the other Crawford).

Larry Ayuso from the Iowa Energy is my sentimental favorite!!!

Courtney Sims of the Iowa Energy is 6'11" and had this triple-double last Friday: 22 points (50%fg), 17 rebounds and 11 blocks!!! The following night he had 23 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Courtney Sims of the Iowa Energy is 6'11" and had this triple-double last Friday: 22 points (50%fg), 17 rebounds and 11 blocks!!! The following night he had 23 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks.

Yeah! I saw that too. I have no idea if he's any good, but so far this season (only 3 games) he's averaging 22.5 pts 14.5 rebs and 8.0 blks per game.

He's 6'11" 230lbs. Hey, why not? He might fit our needs right now.
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=courtney_sims

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
id love to see allan houston suit up for the knicks. but if he cant survive training camp can he survive this? hes my favorite player so i hope he can get another shot

jpz17

Starter
Houston is done.. whether we like it or not. he doesn't want to play. I for one, would want him on the Knicks right now.. but, no way he will EVER play again

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You guys are crazy. You're better off playing Cutino Mobley, bad heart and all then playing Houston. This aint 1998. Get Pat Ewing Jr.