Knicks power forwards

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Willis Reed easily

led us 2 2 NBA championships and was a 7x allstar and was MVP in 1970 led us to the championship that year and led us to the championship that year was finals MVP and had an amazing comeback in game 7 and we came away with one of the greatest finals upset in history

WILLIS REED

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
LMAO:teeth::teeth::teeth:

and he drafted Channing Frye instead of Bynum...keep this going guys loll

Reed definitly the best hands down, but my personal favorite was Oakley. I also think Kurt Thomas was very underated as a player, steady shot and rebounded and played very good defense.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Wilis Reed was great but I think he will always be considered a center. Oak was also great...very underrated...his value to the team was well beyond his stats...nobody f***ed with us when Oak was out there.

My alltime favorite, however, was Dave Deb.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Unless I'm mistaken, Reed was a center. You know, the Knicks have had so many great players, at power forward, as well as at other positions, including ones that most on this blog have never really seen play. There's also the issue of whether or not players from the 70s and 60s could contend with players from today.

Because of that, and more, it's really difficult for anyone to say who the greatest Knick power forward is. Moreover, there were guys like Mason, LJ and Dave DeBusschere, who kind of floated in between SF and PF, for whom a case can be made.

I think a top PF's list works better. My list would include, LJ, he was a real spark plug, hit a lot of big shots, learned how to play well, despite the loss of much of his jumping ability, while on the Knicks, Mason (though he mostly played SF, like LJ, he also played some PF), DeBusschere: his numbers speak for themselves, Oakley: similar to LJ in what he bought to the table. I wasn't a big Kurt Thomas fan, so I'll leave him off my personal list.

how is the oak man underrated, and what do you mean despite his stats, the dude put up. to average just under 10 and 10 for an 18 year long career when he was not even an athlete, and played along side a top 5 all time center in patrick ewing, those numbers are incredible, and he shot over 50 percent from the field most of those years, for a bruising power forward shot 76 percent form the foul line, and averaged over a steal a game, if oakley didnt man the PF position with the likes of ewing, mason and smith all capable rebounders he probably would of put up charles barkely like rebounding numbers over his career. the dude is by far the best poward forward in knicks history, the only argument I might have against that is bill bradley, the dirk nowitzki of his era.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Wilis Reed was great but I think he will always be considered a center. Oak was also great...very underrated...his value to the team was well beyond his stats...nobody f***ed with us when Oak was out there.

we need more players like Oak, somebody that says "u try to bring that weak shit here ur gonna get ****ed up"

when we get that well take the chip

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Willis Reed easily

led us 2 2 NBA championships and was a 7x allstar and was MVP in 1970 led us to the championship that year and led us to the championship that year was finals MVP and had an amazing comeback in game 7 and we came away with one of the greatest finals upset in history

WILLIS REED

Willis Reed was always considered and played center for the knicks in my oppinion the best. Apologies to our best true center Patrick Ewing.

Reed definitly the best hands down, but my personal favorite was Oakley. I also think Kurt Thomas was very underated as a player, steady shot and rebounded and played very good defense.

Oakley was a very good player for us and Thomas was a notch below but nothing like Dave DeBusshere.

cosign 100 %

how is the oak man underrated, and what do you mean despite his stats, the dude put up. to average just under 10 and 10 for an 18 year long career when he was not even an athlete, and played along side a top 5 all time center in patrick ewing, those numbers are incredible, and he shot over 50 percent from the field most of those years, for a bruising power forward shot 76 percent form the foul line, and averaged over a steal a game, if oakley didnt man the PF position with the likes of ewing, mason and smith all capable rebounders he probably would of put up charles barkely like rebounding numbers over his career. the dude is by far the best poward forward in knicks history, the only argument I might have against that is bill bradley, the dirk nowitzki of his era.

Although everything you said make sense none of the above compare to the Knicks greateast PF aka Dave DeBusschere. Below are some references.

David Albert DeBusschere (October 16, 1940 ? May 14, 2003) was an American professional basketball player and coach in the NBA. In 1996, DeBusschere was named as one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history. DeBusschere was born in Detroit, Michigan, and was named to the Basketball Hall Of Fame after a 12-year career (1962?1974) in which he averaged 16.1 points and eleven rebounds while being named to eight NBA All-Star teams. However, he was best known for his physical style of play and tenacious defense, as he was named to the NBA All-Defensive first team six times. During his rookie season he averaged 12.7 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, and was later named to the NBA All Rookie Team. During the 1968-1969 season, DeBusschere was traded to the New York Knicks for Walt Bellamy and Howard Komives. DeBusschere spent his best years in New York. He became one of the most talented and feared players in the league and one of the greatest power fowards the NBA had ever seen. He played a physical game on both ends of the floor, often ending the season as one of the league's best rebounders. DeBusschere, along with a classic lineup that included legendary players such as Willis Reed, Bill Bradley and Walt Fraizer became NBA champion when the Knicks defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1970 NBA Finals. With guard Earl Monroe in the backcourt, they became champions again in 1973, beating (again) the Lakers 4-1 in the finals.

CASE CLOSED

I Dont consider debusschere a PF bradley played the 4 spot, bush at the 3 monroe at the 2 and fraz at the 1, reed was the 5 then. that was the line up. so I agree with what you are saying, but DAVE DB was a SF

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I Dont consider debusschere a PF bradley played the 4 spot, bush at the 3 monroe at the 2 and fraz at the 1, reed was the 5 then. that was the line up. so I agree with what you are saying, but DAVE DB was a SF

Is not what you consider a PF is who was the PF of our team at that time.

DAVE DEBUSSCHERE
Position: Forward-Guard
Height: 6-6 Weight: 220 lbs.
<TABLE class="sortable stats_table" id=per_game><TFOOT><TR class=" stat_total" onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>NBA</TD><TD align=right>875</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>35.7</TD><TD align=right>6.5</TD><TD align=right>15.1</TD><TD align=right>.432</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>3.0</TD><TD align=right>4.3</TD><TD align=right>.699</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>1.9</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>8.8</TD><TD align=right>11.0</TD><TD align=right>2.9</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.9</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.5</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>3.2</TD><TD align=right>16.1</TD></TR></TFOOT><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

BILL BRADLEY
Height: 6-5 Weight: 205 lbs.
<TABLE class="sortable stats_table" id=per_game><TFOOT><TR class=" stat_total" onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>NBA</TD><TD align=right>742</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>30.7</TD><TD align=right>5.3</TD><TD align=right>11.8</TD><TD align=right>.448</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>1.8</TD><TD align=right>2.2</TD><TD align=right>.840</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.6</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>2.1</TD><TD align=right>3.2</TD><TD align=right>3.4</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.7</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.2</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>3.2</TD><TD align=right>12.4</TD></TR></TFOOT><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

Look at everything and tell me who s the PF

quiggle

Starter
Ohh, my mistake then. Was sure Isiah was here for Sweetney already

yeah Sweetney was Layden's last draft

2119186.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's a tough question. I don't think there's a clear greatest power forward. The greatest player is Patrick Ewing, though.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Is not what you consider a PF is who was the PF of our team at that time.

DAVE DEBUSSCHERE
Height: 6-6 Weight: 220 lbs.
<TABLE class="sortable stats_table" id=per_game><TFOOT><TR class=" stat_total" onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>NBA</TD><TD align=right>875</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>35.7</TD><TD align=right>6.5</TD><TD align=right>15.1</TD><TD align=right>.432</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>3.0</TD><TD align=right>4.3</TD><TD align=right>.699</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>1.9</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>8.8</TD><TD align=right>11.0</TD><TD align=right>2.9</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.9</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.5</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>3.2</TD><TD align=right>16.1</TD></TR></TFOOT><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

BILL BRADLEY
Height: 6-5 Weight: 205 lbs.
<TABLE class="sortable stats_table" id=per_game><TFOOT><TR class=" stat_total" onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>NBA</TD><TD align=right>742</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>30.7</TD><TD align=right>5.3</TD><TD align=right>11.8</TD><TD align=right>.448</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>1.8</TD><TD align=right>2.2</TD><TD align=right>.840</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.6</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>2.1</TD><TD align=right>3.2</TD><TD align=right>3.4</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.7</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right>0.2</TD><TD class=" incomplete" align=right></TD><TD align=right>3.2</TD><TD align=right>12.4</TD></TR></TFOOT><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

Look at everything and tell me who s the PF

Although I agree with you DANUT, the thing that made those Knick teams great was that who played where wasn't that important. They played great TEAM basketball, especially on defense.