theres something on chandlers mind

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
hes been playin soft and mindless... whether its because of trade rumors and the deal with finding an agent, he has to get bak playin the way he did

petescud

Starter
I think he thinks he's the odd man out in the trade for Melo. As long as Dantoni is here, i think Gallo stays. Gallo just needs to learn to defend better and drive to the basket more (which lately he has)

SlimChin

Rookie
this is probably why

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_offer_for_anthony_turned_TZulwtYJI1WIcLgTm8ywyK

Knicks offer for Anthony turned down by Nuggets: report
POST STAFF REPORT
Last Updated: 7:34 PM, January 21, 2011
Posted: 6:01 PM, January 21, 2011
Comments: 7
More Print
The Knicks offered Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets in exchange for Carmelo Anthony but were turned down, ESPN 1050 Radio reports.
The Knicks are strongly considered to be a destination for Anthony, a free agent to be, now that the Nets have called off talks that also involved the Pistons.
Anthony did not attend Nuggets shootaround Friday but coach George Karl said he expects the All-Star to play against the Rockets.
Wednesday, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov pulled his team from talks with the Nuggets, saying they had become too expensive. The Nets would have parted with up to eight players and up to three first-round picks if the deal had been completed.
The Knicks said they would not rush into talks after learning of the Nets' withdrawal.
The first-round pick the Knicks would deal has not been acquired by them yet, the report says. Rumors have them sending Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves for a first-round pick if need be.

SlimChin

Rookie
I'm sick of it... play hard and maybe he won't get dealt.. maybe gallo would go instead

yeah it's like grow up already and be a F'n professional! this is the NBA kid!

i really think the melo drama is effecting the knicks like it did the nets.

Prokhorov did the right thing by putting the kabash on the pursuit for melo because his players couldn't focus.

mafra

Legend
I'm sick of it... play hard and maybe he won't get dealt.. maybe gallo would go instead

This is why the Knicks are scared to give WC his money. As soon as the big payday arrives, what are the odds Chandler plays hard? Too much of a risk to pay him the money. He has zero competitive fire.

Wargames

Starter
This is why the Knicks are scared to give WC his money. As soon as the big payday arrives, what are the odds Chandler plays hard? Too much of a risk to pay him the money. He has zero competitive fire.

Yeah or maybe like someone said he figures he is gone regardless because Gallo is gonna be here with his Godfather for a long time.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
So if Gallo is playing bad wehit on him and say he is stupid and needs to leave the team, while if Chandler play bad.......... we hit on Gallo cause it is his fault Chandler is playing bad!!!!!!!! how dump is that

Paul1355

All Star
hes been playin soft and mindless... whether its because of trade rumors and the deal with finding an agent, he has to get bak playin the way he did
agreed, Wilson is in a fog

He is making horrible decisions with his shot selection, forcing up shots, not driving to the hoop with open lanes clearly present, getting out rebounded and not boxing out...his defense is still solid but the offense and rebounding has killed us.

Kiyaman

Legend
Am I the only one to notice the Knicks played 42 games this season?
with Amare at center, Chandler at PF, and a "part-time" enforcer
Turiaf getting a few minutes here and there in the rotation.
These were the only players I seen downlow bangingbodies vs
Knicks oponents bigmen rotation.

I wonder wonder if the 35 minutes per in 41 games had any physical effect
on Amare & Chandler in Dantoni's small-ball lineup? it had to b/c during this
6 game losing-streak Amare had some low rebounding games (3, 5, and 6).

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Am I the only one to notice the Knicks played 42 games this season?
with Amare at center, Chandler at PF, and a "part-time" enforcer
Turiaf getting a few minutes here and there in the rotation.
These were the only players I seen downlow bangingbodies vs
Knicks oponents bigmen rotation.

I wonder wonder if the 35 minutes per in 41 games had any physical effect
on Amare & Chandler in Dantoni's small-ball lineup? it had to b/c during this
6 game losing-streak Amare had some low rebounding games (3, 5, and 6).
your right in your assessment especially in regards to chandler. i was saying the same thing the other day to a friend and saw a article in regards to such.

hes asked on a nightly bases to guard guys he gives up a big disparity to. he as well as amare recently have looked fatigued and its a direct result of the lineup and short rotation

skisloper

Starter
Chandler does this every year.
Where are all the Chandler fans who said he does what Carmelo does so why get Carmelo.....

Trade chandler and get what you can for him while he has good value...

once he signs a big contract its downhill...

iSaYughh

Starter
Where are all the Chandler fans who said he does what Carmelo does so why get Carmelo.....

Bingo. Likewise to Paul and Mafra's post.

The op said "soft and mindless". Aka the same thing thats marked Chandler every year, despite every year him going through a consistent streak where he shows what he could do when he's healthy.

Also I can't believe nobody ever really mentioned that Weedson's surge of effort/heart/fire has been occurring in his first real contract year.

SlimChin

Rookie

yup i can totally see that. 5yr 60 million dollar head-case.

The way this team is being runned we might not ever win a championship. Wilson Chandler is a sensitive dude who wants to play B-Ball in NY. Since his arrival here he has been improving every year. Every time trade talks come around he starts losing his focus. I probably would too if I bust my ass every year just so I can impressed the fans and organization in hopes of cementing a permanent positon on the roster. If we get rid of chandler (and fields) and end up keeping Gallo...that will probably kill my love for this team. I wouldn't be surprised if a certain wack player on the team ends up with a carrear ending injury soon after...you can only get away with so much...

iSaYughh

Starter
:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Chandler is a "sensitive dude". Have the Knicks not been paying him enough millions to support his weed? Should Gallo pay for a therapist to help Wilson cope?

I thought all the talk was how strong Chandler truly is and how his detachment is good bc he just plays n plays hard n balls?

Was the recent Donnie Walsh public gushing over Chandler, and desire to making him a highly paid centrepiece, not a big enough verbal cradle? Does Walsh need to make daily statements letting Wilson Nation know that he's better than Gallo?

Lol. Not that I think Willson is this mentally weak...

Hes just a hyped player ( by some), who is still in development, and is doing what he's always done: have a nice consistent stretch where he plays w fire n heart and intelligence, only to either get injured and/or regress into the worst career-defining attributes that could embody a man nicknamed Weedson.

Lets just pray his great 3pt numbers don't regress back to his career norm too, as well as his blocks.

The only thing on Wilson's mind is what's always been on Wilson's mind. Nothing new here

skisloper

Starter
I said this before and I will say it again....

I would keep Gallo and get rid of Chandler....

His vanishing acts are a constant....He's sensitive is the excuse ?

What pisses me off most about any player is there lack of effort...
Chandler vanishes...

Gallo also has that problem but seems to be correcting it as of late....

Fields ( like him but his value is now ) , Chandler, Walker , Douglas ( shot selection at times kills me ) , Anthony...Trade them all...

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Chandler is a "sensitive dude". Have the Knicks not been paying him enough millions to support his weed? Should Gallo pay for a therapist to help Wilson cope?

I thought all the talk was how strong Chandler truly is and how his detachment is good bc he just plays n plays hard n balls?

Was the recent Donnie Walsh public gushing over Chandler, and desire to making him a highly paid centrepiece, not a big enough verbal cradle? Does Walsh need to make daily statements letting Wilson Nation know that he's better than Gallo?

Lol. Not that I think Willson is this mentally weak...

Hes just a hyped player ( by some), who is still in development, and is doing what he's always done: have a nice consistent stretch where he plays w fire n heart and intelligence, only to either get injured and/or regress into the worst career-defining attributes that could embody a man nicknamed Weedson.

Lets just pray his great 3pt numbers don't regress back to his career norm too, as well as his blocks.

The only thing on Wilson's mind is what's always been on Wilson's mind. Nothing new here

I think all the reasons u listed up there are legitimate distractions. When Gallo was the suject of trade talk he had a slump to begin the year with, now that Denver wants no piece of him he seems to be playing a little better.

As for Donnie's vote of confidence, hes probably pressing right now so he can live up to the big contract he wants to get this summer. Wilson has been solid up until this losing stretch, but u can say the same about fields, felton and even stat. Ironically our weakest starter Gallo is playing the best right now..lol

Bottomline: The Melo talk is f**king this team's shit up right now. Guys are waiting to be traded and STAT and Felton are waiting for some help. The faster this reaches an end, trade or no trade, I can guarantee this team will play better without all this uncertainty.