Are Knick players trying to push Woodson out of NY?

metrocard

Legend

CSqgJ.gif

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Legler broke down the Knicks pick and roll defense and agreed with Tyson. Bargiani is a HUGE liability on defense. He gets caught on switches out in no mans land against smaller, much quicker players. Legs seemed to feel Bargs 10-15 points aren't worth the problems he presents on the defensive end. But Bargs joins a long line of "great white hopes" brought to NY that have been epic failures(weis,van horn,Gallo,Bargs). We were better off with the long range sniper Novak for sure:(

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I hate the fact that it has to come to this but I truly believe so. One of the DUMBEST moves this year was Dolan telling the players that no one should be in fear of losing their jobs. If he is really sticking with Woodson then the players have to do something so that they themselves don't look like the idiots we see on the court (distance yourself from the real problem). Woodson's "game plan" is sooooo flawed. We look more like 5 guys playing a pick up game then a ****ing NBA team. This is so painful to watch not just as a Knick fan but as a fan of the sport I have loved since age 3 called basketball. If I was Melo and Chandler I'd be rolling my eyes all practice long. This coach is a ****ing joke! On offense we work 8x harder then the other team to take a low percentage shot and then on the other end the secret is out on how to beat this team. 1. move the ball. 2. Bait them into playing 1 on 1. 3. Sit back and don't injure yourself.

At this rate I don't want to even make the playoffs. Why go and get bounced in the first round AGAIN. **** moral victories. Don't talk to me about the experience of it and "Oh, anything could happen." I feel like I can coach against this team and wear them down in a series with a college team.

Now don't come back with what individual players are doing because it means nothing if they are set up to fail before they've taken off their damn warmups.

**** you Woodson for your stubbornness, lack of imagination and ability to adapt to what is happing right in front of your face. I hate that I wan't someone to go unemployed but this ****er needs to GO!

My respect for Beno has skyrocketed. Maybe he should be the coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wouldnt listen to Tyson Chandler or Woodson about DEFENSE they both are clueless on bigmen comunication, switches, screens, and pick n rolls, plus during a game u wonder if they ever thought about reading the scouting-report on oponents.

Luol Deng
defensive leadership position Tyson to have his best season in Chicago, to get a $10M per contract.
David West defensive leadership position Tyson to play great defense in New Orleans.
Shawn Marion defensive leadership position Tyson to be the Mavs defensive-rock to get a championship ring.
Jared Jeffries defensive leadership position Tyson to finally get the "Defensive-Player of the Year" award.
Throughout Tyson Chandler time with the highlighted players above, Tyson were a career 24 minute per game player.

We all should know how Deng improve Gibson/Boozer/Noah performance.
We all see how West has improve Hibbert perfomance to be the dominating center in the league.
We all should know what Marion did to improve Amare's performance to be a dominating bigman.
We all should recall how Jefferies made young Brendan Haywood look like the next dominating bigman.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo's comments are ridiculous like Starbury comments .. he use the term "we" when we lose, and I when we win.
Melo plays for his scoring-stats, not for the win.

Felton's comments are like a scared child mumble, and should never b taking seriously.
Felton has always been a tier-2 backup PG .. that should average 18 to 22 minutes per game.
Felton dont have enough creative-moves to go past 20 minutes per game.

petescud

Starter
I hate the switching on defense. Maybe if you had a team of LBJ type players it would work, but it doesn't work with our guys. Bargs/STAT/Felton/JR get constantly burned. And i never followed Tyson Chandler before his arrival here, but imo he is the most over rated DPOY i've seen. How can you be 7'1" and hardly ever block shots. Its not like he needs to save his energy for his offensive game...Gents, this team is built solely for competing not for winning a championship. And when we suffer injuries (this week STAT, MWP, Martin) we look like the 25th team in the NBA. These next 2 weeks instead of winning 75% of these easier home games, we're lucky to win 25% of them

Kiyaman

Legend
[h=2]Are Knick players trying to push Woodson out of NY?[/h]
We have quite a few players wanting Woodsons foolishness out of New York.
And the players that want Woodson to stay in NY dont GELL with their teammates

petescud

Starter
Yeah, it definitely seems the guys have had enough of his style....i have, its boring as hell to watch, and the defensive switching won't work with these players

Kiyaman

Legend
Tyson is indirectly calling-out Barg/Melo/Jr in this statement ....

Chandler said switching should be the " last resort."
Tyson Chandler said he doesn't agree with the Knicks defensive game plan and that they don't have the personnel to switch on pick-and-rolls.

Our scorers do not waste energy playing defense. They rest on defense to play 30 to 40 minutes per game.
Super Star Carmelo Anthony has never been force to play defense in his 10 yr career, so why start now.
JR.smith feels if Melo dont participate in defense, then he dont have to play defense either.

Marcus Camby made a indirect comment on Melo & JR not playing defense like Tyson just made, and a month later Camby was traded to the Clippers for nothing in return.
Lets see if Tyson Chandlers comment put him on the Knicks trading-block???

metrocard

Legend
Tyson is indirectly calling-out Barg/Melo/Jr in this statement ....

Our scorers do not waste energy playing defense. They rest on defense to play 30 to 40 minutes per game.
Super Star Carmelo Anthony has never been force to play defense in his 10 yr career, so why start now.
JR.smith feels if Melo dont participate in defense, then he dont have to play defense either.

Marcus Camby made a indirect comment on Melo & JR not playing defense like Tyson just made, and a month later Camby was traded to the Clippers for nothing in return.
Lets see if Tyson Chandlers comment put him on the Knicks trading-block???

Do you even watch Knicks game anymore? Melo hasn't been a problem at all on defense. Anyone people who think Melo is bad on defense are the people who go to ESPN box score and look at the stats and then call themselves Knick fans at the end of the night. Watch a game or two man.

According to a team source, Woodson recently confronted Chandler about comments the veteran center made that could be interpreted as undermining the coach’s authority. It is unclear when that conversation took place, but it could have happened last week following a loss to the Indiana Pacers, when Chandler said “we didn’t make adjustments.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ndler-source-article-1.1587197#ixzz2r8oZUqGjr

new-york-knicks.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Beno jumped on the bandwagon with "MWP/K-Mart/and Stat" by directly coming-out that he wants to be traded.
That is bad publicity for Dolan's Knicks.

In our past 4 losses Knicks players Prigioni/Shump/and Barg played consistent effortless basketball in all 4 losses.
Three weeks ago Knicks players "Beno/Shump/K-Mart/Stat/and Barg" played consistent winning basketball in 7 straight games, to win 6 of those 7 games. What Happen???

What did HC Mike Woodson, and his Fav-Crew (Felton, JR, Melo, Tyson) say or do to make 7 Knicks veteran players dont want to compete with them???
If u know, please enlighten us ....

metrocard

Legend
Beno jumped on the bandwagon with "MWP/K-Mart/and Stat" by directly coming-out that he wants to be traded.
That is bad publicity for Dolan's Knicks.

In our past 4 losses Knicks players Prigioni/Shump/and Barg played consistent effortless basketball in all 4 losses.
Three weeks ago Knicks players "Beno/Shump/K-Mart/Stat/and Barg" played consistent winning basketball in 7 straight games, to win 6 of those 7 games. What Happen???

What did HC Mike Woodson, and his Fav-Crew (Felton, JR, Melo, Tyson) say or do to make 7 Knicks veteran players dont want to compete with them???
If u know, please enlighten us ....

Show me where Metta World Peace said he wanted to leave NY?

I don't feel bad for Woodson. Him and Tyson need to go, as well Felton, Amare, Bargs and Beno.

metrocard

Legend
JVG on Woodson/Chandler

Woodson received support from former coach/current TV analyst Jeff Van Gundy, speaking on ESPN Radio Tuesday. Van Gundy, who called the Knicks “mediocre,” took Chandler to task. “You always want players who look introspectively and I was absolutely shocked that Tyson Chandler said what he said and did what he did,” Van Gundy said. “He has always conducted himself as a pro throughout his career and that’s one he’ll regret. “What he should have said was ‘I haven’t played well enough, this is what I have to do better and it’s on us as players,’ ” said Van Gundy, who addressed Chandler’s gripe about too much switching on defense by saying, “If they have that complaint then I wanted to hear it last year when they were winning 50 plus [games].”

Kiyaman

Legend
Do you even watch Knicks game anymore? Melo hasn't been a problem at all on defense. Anyone people who think Melo is bad on defense are the people who go to ESPN box score and look at the stats and then call themselves Knick fans at the end of the night. Watch a game or two man.

How can u come out ur mouth like that .. u should visit our last second Game-Threads .. and correct how u come at me.

Here are some comments u need to swallow:

One Western scout who was at a recent Knicks game said, “Chandler’s comments hurt. And I think the roster is full of guys who do not make the other guys better. Tough to win with guys like that.”

That Scout is speaking about Mike Woodson's Fav-Crew of Felton, JR, Melo, and Tyson, all 30 plus minute per game players.

“If they want to lash out at me that’s fine. I’m not a coach that takes things personally. Players get upset. Coaches get upset... Sometimes it’s healthy when players get upset like that.”
- Head Coach Mike Woodson

Woodson shouldve been FIRED after the postseason series vs Miami, and FIRED after the postseason series vs Pacers.
Its not healthy when players are so upset they go to the Press several times to say the are healthy to play.
Or they want to be traded.
Its not healthy when several players are upset with the 30 minutes of playingtime giving each game to the worst player on the team. And the NBA League have to force the HC to DNP the teams worst player JRsmith by fining him $50 grand.
Its not healthy when ur 3rd season player is so upset that he waves off any advise ur coaching-staff offer during the game.

Last season all was well, but this is not last season when veterans such as Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas, Rasheed Wallace policed the locker room. Woodson dryly reminded

Woodson left out the "Old-Timers" were the best bench coaching-staff he had as a NBA HC.

Smith's numbers are down significantly despite averaging just 1.5 fewer minutes per game this year. He has the 3rd-worst player efficiency rating in the NBA among players averaging at least 30 minutes per game this season.

JRsmith having the 3rd worst efficiency-rating in 30 minutes in the NBA, would that make teammates upset???

Kiyaman

Legend
Show me where Metta World Peace said he wanted to leave NY?

I don't feel bad for Woodson. Him and Tyson need to go, as well Felton, Amare, Bargs and Beno.

Ron Artest dont want any controversy with the media/press twisting his words to make him out to be the bad guy.
The same goes for K-Mart & Stat, getting injured in the same game (they restricted themselves lol) recall Lin & Stat getting injured in the same game LMAO
What u should know by now, players like Metta never get injury-prone.

The only advise Van Gundy could give on the Knicks, was how he only got hit once by all those 1,2,3 haymakers GM Ernie Grunfield were throwing at him. Both Van Gundy's are dinosuars when it come to coaching now.

metrocard

Legend
Kiyaman you think they're going to fire Woodson after he coached the best season in almost the past two decades?

Lets be realistic.
I want Woodson fired as much as you do, but we know his job was secured coming into 13-14.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Kiyaman you think they're going to fire Woodson after he coached the best season in almost the past two decades?

Lets be realistic.
I want Woodson fired as much as you do, but we know his job was secured coming into 13-14.
Which would be fine if he wasn't biased and had a decent game plan. He's done some sickening things this season. It's one thing to have a bad game plan, it's another to make moves because of favoritism, no matter the result.

metrocard

Legend
Which would be fine if he wasn't biased and had a decent game plan. He's done some sickening things this season. It's one thing to have a bad game plan, it's another to make moves because of favoritism, no matter the result.

I do agree this is one of the worst coached season I've seen since Isiah Thomas. Woodson makes Don Chaney and Lenny Wilkins look godlike.

Paul1355

All Star
I hope so because Dolan is either quick trigger (Donnie Walsh/Glen Grunwald) or he is loyal to the core (Isiah Thomas)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm going to play devil's advocate for a sec. Woodson isn't a great coach but he frankly inherited a flawed line up. Last year's team was old as hell and hung on by a thread. This year's team has got no Kid and no Wallace (two champions). While Chandler may have a point about switches due is clearly declining and becoming injury prone. If there was ever a time to put Chandler on the trade block it would be now.