I like Duhon, but...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
when Nate comes back just don't play him at all.He's slow, been turning the ball over too much.It seems like he might as well post up at the perimeter if he doesn't pass the ball.Maybe the other thread is right, maybe he is doing this on purpose or SOMETHING, because last year, even not being that quick, he was decent, and I felt that it was safe in his hands.Now it seems Jeffries has more skills as a ballhandler.Unless he's a hiding an injury, just bench him.Douglas might not be a decent playmaker for others yet, but with time he might be.At least he's fast with the ball and might be the better defender(maybe way better, certainly was in the pre-season).Duhon, I've supported you, I hope you bounce back, but yeah, this is how I feel.At this point nobody should argue Nate shouldn't start over him.

Starting line-up should be:

Nate Robinson
Larry Hughes
David Lee
Gallinari
Darko (need at least one of the new guys getting good minutes as a starter to see what they're made out of, nothing drastic either way).

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
when Nate comes back just don't play him at all.He's slow, been turning the ball over too much.It seems like he might as well post up at the perimeter if he doesn't pass the ball.Maybe the other thread is right, maybe he is doing this on purpose or SOMETHING, because last year, even not being that quick, he was decent, and I felt that it was safe in his hands.Now it seems Jeffries has more skills as a ballhandler.Unless he's a hiding an injury, just bench him.Douglas might not be a decent playmaker for others yet, but with time he might be.At least he's fast with the ball and might be the better defender(maybe way better, certainly was in the pre-season).Duhon, I've supported you, I hope you bounce back, but yeah, this is how I feel.At this point nobody should argue Nate shouldn't start over him.

Starting line-up should be:

Nate Robinson
Larry Hughes
David Lee
Gallinari
Darko (need at least one of the new guys getting good minutes as a starter to see what they're made out of, nothing drastic either way).

It looks like AI saga in memphis is over so I was thinking.

We dont have a real starting PG at this point. Duhon is a backup at best and Douglass is not ready yet. I would not even mention AI long term but for like half of seasson I think is worth. AI wants to start so come december 15 maybe we should send Duhon for AI and something else( add chandler if they send their next year first).

A starting line up like:

PG Iverson(30 min)/ Douglass(18 min)
SG Hughes (22 min)/ Nate (26 min)
SF Gallo (30 min)/ Harrington (10 min)/ Landry(8min)
PF Lee (20min) / Harrington (20 min) / Jefrries (8min)
C Darko (22 min)/Lee(15 min)/ Hill/(11min)

If Chandler is here he should come off the bench with about 25 min/ game.

I dont know just thinking

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm not sure about Iverson, but it's pretty clear that Chris Duhon should not be the starting point guard of this team.

At this point I think Toney Douglas would do better. At the very least he's getting some experience - while some might say we're not winning any games with TD as our starting PG, well...just look at how Duhon's been playing lately.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure about Iverson, but it's pretty clear that Chris Duhon should not be the starting point guard of this team.

At this point I think Toney Douglas would do better. At the very least he's getting some experience - while some might say we're not winning any games with TD as our starting PG, well...just look at how Duhon's been playing lately.

I agree with that. I dont want iverson here for long either........ Just enough to spoil Utah first round pick......lol.

Anyway was just a wild thought.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Douglas looks comfortable on the court now, after starting off horrible on offense he now has confidence and its going to continue to grow offensively him matched with gallo and hill would be fun to watch and considering this is a lost season i say get gallo hill and douglas the minutes so they continue to develop their games so when next season comes and were relevant again were they are prepared

Paul1355

All Star
It looks like AI saga in memphis is over so I was thinking.

We dont have a real starting PG at this point. Duhon is a backup at best and Douglass is not ready yet. I would not even mention AI long term but for like half of seasson I think is worth. AI wants to start so come december 15 maybe we should send Duhon for AI and something else( add chandler if they send their next year first).

A starting line up like:

PG Iverson(30 min)/ Douglass(18 min)
SG Hughes (22 min)/ Nate (26 min)
SF Gallo (30 min)/ Harrington (10 min)/ Landry(8min)
PF Lee (20min) / Harrington (20 min) / Jefrries (8min)
C Darko (22 min)/Lee(15 min)/ Hill/(11min)

If Chandler is here he should come off the bench with about 25 min/ game.

I dont know just thinking

Lets put the AI talks aside because you have to factor in Mr. Walsh who could have brought in AI or Ron Artest for 5 million and did not even make an offer.

Donnie does not want any chance of a problem in the clubhouse, even though our clubhouse is full of losers that talk of dreams in the playoffs that won't happen.

Here's what Iverson does great that would flourish on this team.

-He's a leader, plain and simple and consistent and has a bigger voice than Duhon or Al Harrington will ever be.
-He is a master on the pick and roll which is our main offensive play...AI and Lee would be great together.
-He is VERY cheap and has a one year deal...which Donnie loves.
-He is that type of player that plays better in the spotlight...like Wade, Kobe, lebron...AI plays his hardest when most eyes are on him. Ideal for NY.
-He drives to the basket and draws fouls which we as a team never do, and he can lead by example and make guys like Al Harrington, Duhon, Chandler etc to drive to the hoop and use their strengths.

I still don't think Donnie would go for this.

Best scenerio is that Nate becomes our starting PG...he is a level above Duhon.Start him and we'll have better speed, shooting, and defense on the court.