Game Thread: LA Lakers @ NY Knicks Nov 23, 2021 7:30 PM [Game #18]

tiger0330

Legend
Heard Lebron got suspended for one game for the scuffle with the Pistons Isiah Stewart. Crazy league with the Lakers playing with 5 or 6 future Hall of Famers but only having a .500 record, Bulls also got slaughtered by the Pacers yesterday, couldn?t make a shot and only scored 77 pts.

Have to take advantage of the Lakers being without Lebron tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game Thread Tiger .. The got off to a big lead on these funny Lakers .. 17-5 Knicks having 8 minute remaining in the first quarter. And I was believing the Knicks were on their longest losing streak through out the Holidays .. Go Knicks !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Reggie saying the Lakers starting to play D has them cutting that 20 pt lead to 14 but my opinion is that Kemba coming in was what led to the Lakers cutting the Knicks lead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time .. Knicks 63 - Melo-Fakers 51
Well, we had a 25 pt lead having the 2nd unit lineup on court. Having 7 min remaining in the 2nd qtr. our coach Thibs put Randle & RJ starters back in the game way to early, instead of letting the 2nd unit players get 10 min each.
The Lakers went on a 16-4 run on Randle/RJ starter lineup to get the Knicks lead under double-digits.
The Noel & Obi Toppin front-court looked good as a tandem.
The Noel & Randle frontcourt gave up to many inside baskets.

tiger0330

Legend
Big 3 by Fournier to get the lead back to 6. Knicks are ice cold, maybe the Lakers are playing better D but the boys are ice cold missing easy shots.

mafra

Legend
25 point lead cut to 3?.NyK hanging on?.

NYK went scoreless for 3 minutes near end of second Q

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd qtr. 83-81 Knicks .. Yeah, I know what happen to the 25 pt lead .. I gotta snitch "Randle/RJ starters are taking us on a long losing streak if they cant pull this WIN !!!

mafra

Legend
Lakers never lead? IQ hits 4 threes in the 4th? Randle and EF scoring all game?. They?ll take the win.

Have to try to catch a replay. Missed the whole 2nd half doing bedtime with the kids. I know we blew a big lead and no Lebron, but a win is a win.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks with a 106-100 win. Two of IQs 3s he made were with a little bit of luck, first one spun around the rim before going in, the other bounced around the rim 3 times before dropping in so those buckets were the margin of victory. Fournier big in the game and closed the game but Kemba rode the bench down the stretch even though DRose was out and we could have used a ball handler. Tough schedule coming up.

Kiyaman

Legend
We couldn't have did it without sitting Randle on the bench the majority of the 4th qtr. to have a good tandem of Obi Toppin & Noel switch-up defending the paint against Bradly, Westbrook, and AD quick inside scoring.
Game-Ball goes to Quickley's consistent 3's in the 4th qtr. to stretch the Knicks lead for a Knicks WIN !!!

IQ game is base on luck most of the time. He is a street baller with no idea of running a play. When game get true meaning luck goes out the window and skills kick in and IQ game goes South.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sorry I?ve been in football mode celebrating Chiefs whopping Dallas while we lost to the Bullies Sunday. Nice bounce back win against the Lebron-less Lakers. ?ISO-Melo? 3-14 and The Knicks held off the Lakers after a big first half lead. Lebrun should be suspended longer after what he did to that kid.

Kiyaman

Legend
IQ game is base on luck most of the time. He is a street baller with no idea of running a play. When game get true meaning luck goes out the window and skills kick in and IQ game goes South.

No! Quickley is not a PG!
And No! Thibs hasn't been fair with IQ playing-time minutes.
Quickleys a-scorer, defender, that mesh well with teammates.
Quickley's performance is every thing Knicks fans expected from the signing of Fournier.
Quickley played SG in college, and his quick release of his jump-shot is why Kentucky kept Quickley at the SG position .. Quickley' had success as one of Kentucky crunch-time closer.
Yes, in the NBA Quickley has to work on a few more different moves at scoring 2 pts on the left and right side of the court. More playing time would help.
The Knicks best meshing lineup last season were D.Rose, IQ, Burks, Obi, and Taj Gibson.