2730.png
202683.png

201587.png
201584.png

202689.png
1626144.png

Injury Report

Charlotte HornetsNew York Knicks
Michael Carter-Williams - Left shoulder surgery (OUT)Ron Baker - Right shoulder injury (OUT)
Cody Zeller - Left knee soreness (DOUBT)Joakim Noah - Personal reasons (NWT)
Marcus Paige - Two-way contract (NWT)Kristaps Porzingis - Torn Left ACL (OUT)
Mangok Mathiang - Two-way contract (NWT)-

Game Preview

The New York Knicks' Saturday night matchup with the visiting Charlotte Hornets at Madison Square Garden will be a battle between two centers of attention who are getting that attention for very different reasons at the moment.

Charlotte's Dwight Howard is in the midst of perhaps his best stretch in a half-dozen years, regaining the form of his youth with three 30-point games in the last 10 days, including a 33-point performance in a 129-117 win over his former team, the Atlanta Hawks, on Thursday. Howard also scored 30 on March 10 against the Phoenix Suns and 30 against Philadelphia on March 6 in a loss to Philadelphia. Since the loss to the 76ers Howard is 53-for-72 from the field.

Howard, in his 14th NBA season, said his offseason trade from the Hawks to the Hornets has reinvigorated him.

"It motivated me to just come back this season with a different mindset," he said. "Play with more confidence and stuff like that, so thank you, Bud."

Howard was referring to Mike Budenholzer, the Hawks coach.

New York center Enes Kanter, meanwhile, made the news on Friday for questioning his team's strategy of turning over the minutes to youngsters like Frank Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay, whose play has been less-than-inspiring.

Kanter ranted to reporters at Knicks practice on Friday, making his intentions known that he wants to win now, even if New York -- losers of nine straight and 17 of 18 -- isn't interested in beating other teams.

"Let me tell you something -- they can develop guys in the G League," Kanter told reporters. "This is not the time to develop young guys because we're trying to win games here.

"This team is paying us a lot of money, everybody, and all the fans are paying a lot money to watch the games. ... They're not just coming here watching, 'Oh, this guy's getting better. This guy's developing.' No, we're trying to win games here."

With Kristaps Porzingis out for the season with a torn ACL, and the postseason out of reach, the Knicks benched veteran Jarret Jack and handed the reigns to Mudiay.

Kanter might be a little frustrated because of a lack of playing time. Coach Jeff Hornacek has sat Kanter in the fourth quarter during the losing streak and used veteran Kyle O'Quinn.

It's clear by Kanter's play, at least on the glass, that he's not about to stop trying now.

Kanter is averaging 10.8 rebounds for the season but 12.3 in March, including 25 in the last two games. He's also averaging 14.1 points per game.

"The Knicks are paying me money to win games, to go out there and compete and try to win every game. The Knicks are not paying me to tank or anything," Kanter said. "So my mindset is to go out there, it doesn't matter if we play the worst team or the best team.

"I didn't get traded here to get a good draft pick. I came here to win games and make the playoffs. So I don't care, we're in whatever stretch we're in right now, I'm just going to go out there and fight every possession."

The Knicks are 24-45.

The last time New York won, one of those young players who is getting more time, guard Trey Burke, came off the bench and scored 26 points on Feb. 22 in a win against Orlando.

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady ....
Kanter keep talking bout winning may find himself being traded in the off-season like Robin Lopez .. There's a reason why Dolan hired a LOSER headcoach Hornacek.
The way Hornacek's coaching substitution are different each game from the previous game it has become hard to mention what players should be KEEPERS.

Tim Hardaway Jr performance need to be put on the DNP list for the remainder of the season to let Jack start in the backcourt with Mudiay as the combo SG.
It would be nice to see more of Burke and Knits backcourt in a lineup leading the point together to get on the same-page the remainder of the season.

Troy Williams performance earned a 30 minute increase of playingtime at the SF position the remainder of the season.

Hicks and Quinn deserve 24 minutes of playingtime in the same lineup as tandem BIGs the remainder of the season.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for taking the time from your w/e for the game thread Rady.

Mudiay was quoted as saying he didn't take a charge on Embiid last game because he didn't want to get in front of such a big guy. If that doesn't get Horn to make a change for the starting PG I don't know what will but for me let me see Trey as the starter along with Knits as his backcourt partner.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits 3-4 with a 3. Much more active tonight, he didn't start but no reason not to give him 30 mins and time with the first unit. He's in with Trey,Troy and Hicks right now.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits is working on stuff. Tried a baby hook shot in the lane which missed that will be a money shot against smaller guards matched up with a 6'6" guy.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks up 57-50 at the half. The bench has 34 pts. Let those guys start the 3rd and see if the can hold that lead through the 3rd.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow tank battle; meanwhile Loyola-Chicago won in another buzzer beater. You guys have heart watching an NBA game where both team will struggle to 90 points um um šŸ˜ race to the bottom

tiger0330

Legend
Nits has 15 in 21 mins. Lets see if he can crack 20, one of the only guards everv drafted that has not scored 20 pts in a game averaging 20mpg.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I'm done with Horn. Subs in Jack for Nits on Nits highest scoring game as a Knick. Fire him the day after the season ends, he wants to know his status ASAP.

Broadway

All Star
32 pt lead 99-67 lead Knicks, end of 3. Put the W in the books, they look to end their 9 game losing streak.

Can't lose every game but this hurts a little because we'll go back to 9th place with the Bulls losing and could've gained a game on the Nets beating Dallas. Assuming everything stays as they're going right now

But hey I guess it's a "CELEBRATION" stopping a losing streak. Cool to see our young guys contribute. Thanks THJR for the W, we needed it more than anything(sarcasm)

Last edited: