Now Jamal Crawford is possibly demanding a trade!!!!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well....I saw this about an two hours ago and waited for someone elst to post it....but I guess I will

Simply put....he wants an extension before the new CBA

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5504907

I hated the idea of having Jamal as a primary option when he was here. He made me literally flip over a table once because of a shot he took on a 3 on 1 fast break late in a close game.

That all said....he would fill a major void for us and I think we wouldnt have to give up too much to get him

Problem of course would be him coming to NY would forfeit any chance at being active in next season Free agency (read Melo sweeptstakes).

That alone is probably where it begins and ends with most of us

But.....lets consider this lineup

I think Eddy Curry and Wilson and/or Bill Walkerwould be enough to get er done.

leaving us with

Felton/Douglas
Crawford/Mason
Gallo/Randolph/Feilds
Amare/Randolph
Randolph/Tariaf

a lot of punch in the starting lineup..... but as good as that team is, is how good they would ever be without the flexability to make bring in some FA's down the road.

But 3 players who can take over a game in Gallo, Crawford and Amare.

Any what do yall think?

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I liked him, he could drive us nuts no doubt but he seemed like a good guy that enjoyed playing here and his talent is obvious but he needs to be smart and consistent. Everyone here is gonna hate me for this but I like the idea, think that's a pretty nasty starting line-up and feel like the backups for the starters perfectly have strengths where starters have weaknesses. If I could send Curry and Walker I'd strongly consider it, however not a first option of course it depends what else might be an option, clearly rather trade for Carmelo but can't really say much because I don't know what it takes to get each deal done, how much chance we have on either, etc, but assuming we couldn't make anything happen at all except walker and curry for crawford then I'd like it

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Although thinking about it not sure what Crawford would do to Gallinari... idk but I do like the idea of a SG that can fill it up, when Crawford went to the hoop he was unreal, remember those off the backboard dunks, travel or not? Gallinari's shot volume would seem to inevitably go down though, if Azubuike was sounding more promising to contribute this year I'd be way less worried about shooting guard, and I like Mason as a solid defender at the spot but feel you need one scorer there, but maybe Walker will look better than he did in vegas and give us offense there. I just really want to see a product on the floor in real NBA action, I don't much know what to think until then

Are u serious ?

If he cant defend than he wouldnt be seeing any playing time in San Antonio at all. U think coach Pops would play any player who doesnt play defense ? HAHAHA

Go watch ur baseball or ur stephon marbury youtube embarresments.

Wow..BBall definitly isnt your sport. Roger only played in San Antonio because of his shot making ability. Last year he didnt see much time at all do losing that ability (claims his hand injury played a part in that). Try doing your research before you get froggy behind your keyboard .. Faggot.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Not only do you guys want to bring back a guy thats gonna be disrupting team chemistry with chuck ups but....

You're actually willing to grant him his 3-4 year extension worth roughly 10M a year.

BLASPHEMY!!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
I woke up this morning, did my usual morning scan of news on the web, saw the Crawford story at RealGm.com, and said to myself "I bet someone already went to KO.com and posted a thread on bringing back Jamal"...

So I logged into the forum to confirm my suspicions and let my fellow posters know how I feel about going after JC:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQUEPwl1WjY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQUEPwl1WjY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Although I like Crawford's game, and we need a SG, bringing him back would not benefit the chemistry or development of our young team... it would be the wrong move any way you look at it.

metrocard

Legend
Worst thread made thus far of the year.

Has nothing to do with the Knicks.
terrible trade suggestion for one of the worst players in our history.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Jalen Rose is considering a comeback lets sign him to a max deal before someone else gets him.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
why would you want him back if he was one of Isiah's main guys?
All the more reason he'll BE back... *sigh*

I think the numbers he puts up are good. I think Crawford was very important to Atlanta at their second-string go-to guy.

But I don't think he can "take over" games at this point in his career and giving up Curry's contract to put Crawford in the startling rotation makes little sense.

That was all the 7 seconds I'll take in considering Crawford. Next!