Could Playeres bolting for Europe benefit The Knicks?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok first Childress goes....no big deal

Carlos Arroyo....still no big deal

Earl Boykins...who could actually tell you off the top of their head what type of stats he put up last year

But now Kobe and Lebron are considering leaving the nest and David Stern has to be a bit scared. I personally think Lebron is bluffing he still has much too prove in the NBA. But Kobe has done it all, Championships,MVP,Scoring Champ,All Star, All NBA first teamer, etc. So why would he turn down 40 million?

The NBA has a major problem and to me the only solution is to get rid of the salary cap. Currently the most a player can earn is 20+ million per season, Europe can double that. I read a report about The NBA expanding to Europe as an answer, but with there being a NBA cap that really just makes playing for a Euro Leauge team more intriguing, why would a player play for a NBA European team making an NBA salary when they can play for the Euro League for more? To me the only answer is to kill the cap and to allow us to offer top dollar to keep our players.

This is where Dolan becomes an asset to us. What does Dolan do best....spend money! If there was no cap Dolan would just buyout players like Jefferies and James and simply purchase players to fill in there spot. Without a cap the Knicks will become a contender instantly thanks to the power of the dollar! We will essentially become the NBA's version of the Yanks. I predict we drop 100 million on our starting five alone!

Anyways sound off

This scenerio would offer millions of possibilities and honestly is not all that unrealistic.

metrocard

Legend
This isn't a major problem for the NBA.
Just an exchange for talent.
Elite Euro players have left Europe for the NBA.

Scola
Bargnani
Gallinari
Marc Gasol
Rudy Fernandez.

People need to look deeper into this thing.

NBA is actually getting deeper next season, especially with the addition of Rudy Fernandez who has Ginobili potential and player we FAILED to get sadly.

Blas

Benchwarmer
This might effect college ball more then the NBA. It is still too early to tell, however; if those 18yr olds want to earn money while waiting a year before entering the NBA that could hurt the premier college teams.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This isn't a major problem for the NBA.
Just an exchange for talent.
Elite Euro players have left Europe for the NBA.

Scola
Bargnani
Gallinari
Marc Gasol
Rudy Fernandez.

People need to look deeper into this thing.

NBA is actually getting deeper next season, especially with the addition of Rudy Fernandez who has Ginobili potential and player we FAILED to get sadly.

Point taken on the exchange of talent. However The NBA would be more affected by the loss of a Kobe or Lebron than Euro would Scola Bargani etc.
No doubt Pau Gasol and Rudy Fernandez have a fan base in the NBA, but they are not main attractions. I mean Mavericks away games don't sell out because fans want a chance to see Dirk, and he is a former MVP and the greatest International talent to date. Laker and Cav games are going to always draw a large crowd because of Lebron and Kobe. The NBA would be greatly affected certainly more than the Euro League would with the loss of Bargnani. The Euro League is like the NCAA in that they know that there elite players will bolt for the NBA and ultimatley another player takes there spot. The NBA has never had to worry about losing any of their elite players. Again Arroyo,Boykins, and Childress warrant little concern, but, just let a player like a Kobe, D Wade or Lebron go then the NBA will have to take action and again the only choice would be to eliminate the cap. Which in tern puts us postition to put together a monster team.

However just simply buying a championship team would take away from it a bit.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Maybe Chubby Curry will opt out and head to Europe. Eat all that good food out there.

You know I can see a Euro Team offering him 10 million next season (which is actually more than the 10 million in USD) and he accepting. I mean the guy clearly has no drive to acheive anything in the NBA and he would put up decent numbers in Europe plus earn more money. Hell if I'm Donnie Walsh I'm contacting teams to see if they would consider taking him next season! I mean Marcus Fizer was a bumb in the league and goes over to Isreal and is a very solid player and Curry is better than him. Curry could put up 20 and 6 for sure in Europe I think a team would pay 10 million for those numbers.

TunerAddict

Starter
You know I can see a Euro Team offering him 10 million next season (which is actually more than the 10 million in USD) and he accepting. I mean the guy clearly has no drive to acheive anything in the NBA and he would put up decent numbers in Europe plus earn more money. Hell if I'm Donnie Walsh I'm contacting teams to see if they would consider taking him next season! I mean Marcus Fizer was a bumb in the league and goes over to Isreal and is a very solid player and Curry is better than him. Curry could put up 20 and 6 for sure in Europe I think a team would pay 10 million for those numbers.

How do we go about contacting these people?

New New York

Quiet Storm
How do we go about contacting these people?

LOL This is where Isiah comes in handy we have him go over to Europe pretending to be doing some scouting. He takes a GM over there out for dinner and over desert mentions the possibility of Eddy wearing out his welcome in NY, Isiah merely slides Eddy's agents phone number to this Euro GM and we go from there. Now if the story gets blown we just blame the whole thing on Isiah, Donnie Walsh denies given Isiah premission to make such contact we all assume Isiah is just being his usually dumb self and all is forgiven, ofcourse Donnie never really denies the fact that Eddy is available. By seasons end atleast three teams will be throwing money at ol fat boy!

TunerAddict

Starter
LOL This is where Isiah comes in handy we have him go over to Europe pretending to be doing some scouting. He takes a GM over there out for dinner and over desert mentions the possibility of Eddy wearing out his welcome in NY, Isiah merely slides Eddy's agents phone number to this Euro GM and we go from there. Now if the story gets blown we just blame the whole thing on Isiah, Donnie Walsh denies given Isiah premission to make such contact we all assume Isiah is just being his usually dumb self and all is forgiven, ofcourse Donnie never really denies the fact that Eddy is available. By seasons end atleast three teams will be throwing money at ol fat boy!

I like it....

Paul1355

All Star
Money is everything to most guys.

Most of these all stars are money-hungry so taking a 40 million dollar deal is more likely than people expect. Plus the Euro over powers the dollar so theres an advantage for guys thinking to go to the Euro league. I'd be pissed to see a guy like Kobe or Lebron go to Europe but it is what it is.

metrocard

Legend
I wouldn't be upset if Kobe left the NBA, he's done everything you could do. Win MVP, Finals, scoring champ, etc.

Lebron has to win a MVP and a Final to complete his legacy.