lets' dance with Detroit and trade for AI and Wallace

portega1968

El Cacique
Like I said in another thread, this trade would help both teams this year without compromising their 2010 plans:

To Detroit:

David Lee
Quentin Richardson
Al Harrington
Stephon Marbury

To NY:

Will Bynum
Kwame Brown
Rasheed Wallace
Allen Iverson

It's a go in RealGM!!!

GetRealistic

Starter
Ill pass on that, if Detriot wanted to take a flyer on Marbury and trade AI i'd give it a shot but otherwise i'll pass.

If we want Sheed (which i doubt) we can use the mid level exception next season and sign him.

This ain't 2003, Sheed and AI aren't they players they used to be, so i'd much rather keep Lee, and even Harrington next season. AI and Sheed we'd both walk after the season and next season we would be awful and we wouldn't even have a 2010 draft pick to use.

Sheed and AI would make us better this seaon but not good enough to contender with Boston, Cleveland, or Orlando, so whats the point.

metrocard

Legend
Honestly, the best trade is.

Robinson
Chandler
Harrington
Curry
Jefferies
Richardson

for

Iverson
Wallace

Iverson and Wallace BOTH EXPIRE.

We need to make the PLAYOFFS.

We get rid of all our bad contracts and are under the cap.

Detroit
Stucky/Robinson
Hamilton/Richardson
Prince/Chandler/Jefferies
Maxiell/Harrington
Brown/Curry

Knicks
Duhon
Iverson
Gallinari
Lee
Wallace

New New York

Quiet Storm
Like I said in another thread, this trade would help both teams this year without compromising their 2010 plans:

To Detroit:

David Lee
Quentin Richardson
Al Harrington
Stephon Marbury

To NY:

Will Bynum
Kwame Brown
Rasheed Wallace
Allen Iverson

It's a go in RealGM!!!

While I do like the idea of bringing AI to the Knicks the rest of the trade I can do without.

A player like Kwame Brown is the type of player Isiah wouldve traded for. Plus wholesale trades like this just don't happen with two teams who have something to play for this far into the season. This trade would essentially create a Pre Season athmosphere with that many players trying to learn their new coach's system and their new teamates. Plus in this trade I think too much pressure would be put on Danillo and Wilson. I think Al Harrington makes it easy on both of those players. As it is we just take what we can get from those two, without Al we will be counting on two players who are both like Rookies. Danillo looks good playing bit minutes and I think that is the best way to bring him along. This trade makes contributions from him vital as opposed to an added bonus.

Plus D. Lee's stock is as high as any Knick player's in recent years, to deal him I want to be nicely compensated. I mean I have even backed off wanting to deal him for Camby unless LAC throws in an unprotected pick. Getting AI and Sheed would be nice, but we could lose them both because they are both unrestricted FA's. Leaving us with Kwame Brown and Will Bynum at the cost of David Lee, No Thanks!

New New York

Quiet Storm

Robinson
Chandler
Harrington
Curry
Jefferies
Richardson

for

Iverson
Wallace

Detroit
Stucky/Robinson
Hamilton/Richardson
Maxiell/Harrington
Brown/Curry

Knicks
Duhon
Iverson
Gallinari
Lee
Wallace

The problem is that the reason Detroit moved Billups is so they themselves can be player in the 2010 FA class. Taking on Curry and Jefferies monkey wrenches that. This deal is shut down unless Isiah replaces Dumars in the next couple of weeks.

Look if Donnie can pull of a deal this season where he deals both Jefferies and Curry with Curry being out of shape and hurt all year and gets back expiring contracts he will be the GM of the year!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

To Detroit:

David Lee
Quentin Richardson
Al Harrington
Stephon Marbury

To NY:

Will Bynum
Kwame Brown
Rasheed Wallace
Allen Iverson

It's a go in RealGM!!!

You need to stay away frome trade machine or proposing trades. It's a go only if you are a detroit fan.

Iverson for Marbury is ok, neither works for their team and have same contract, but the rest of the trade is so bad for us that neither Isaiah won't do it. Al harrington is at least as good if not better and younger than wallace of today and wallace 1 year salary is about 75% of harington 2 years left. Q-rich as bad as we think he is, is way better than kwame (fkink bump) and bynum (scrub) combined. And we give them Lee free, as a late christmans gift, right? Meanwhile we still have curry, jeffries and jerome but no center( walace is only listed as center but plays more like a pf and sf. His best rpg year is 8.1 in 2004-2005 when he joined detroit). Also exept iverson none fit d'angtoni system of play.
Now how good of trade is that for us?

Robinson
Chandler
Harrington
Curry
Jefferies
Richardson

for

Iverson
Wallace

Detroit
Stucky/Robinson
Hamilton/Richardson
Maxiell/Harrington
Brown/Curry

Knicks
Duhon
Iverson
Gallinari
Lee
Wallace

As much as I dont like losing nate's energy and to some degree chandler i will do this one in a beat because we get rid of both curry and jefrries and take detroit out of 2010 FA market without making them better. As for losing nate and chandler we can go for ariza (better then chandler at this moment )in the summer and get a sg in the draft. Also I think we can keep ai or wallace for MLE in the summer. The best thing about this trade is that it give us room to sign LEE and have the biggest cap space in 2010.
Too bad that, I think, Detroit will never do it.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Dumars is a smart guy come on. You really think he is going to take on all that cap space with subpar players. Let' keep it real please. Marbury for AI straight up only choice.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why is anyone responding to this thread???

Dumars gave up the BEST PG in the NBA "Billups".....so he could take $35M off of the Detroit Pistons salary-cap next season.....Dumars will receive a big Bonus and a big raise for doing this (no luxury tax next season).

No more to be said...