ESPN calls Knick loss "Chink in the Armor"!!!

Eman

Benchwarmer
The problem is that it's a common phrase (which makes sense) but obviously the idiots working over there used it to make fun of his race.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Im really amazed by how many racist columns there have been by sports writers about Lin..

Like what year is it? It is 2012 right or am I missing something..

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Disgusting. Sadly, noone has been fired. Only apologies have been published. Jason Whitlock still hasn't been fired for his racist comments.

Funny SNL skit about the hypocrisy of racism in sports and America in general.

http://deadspin.com/5886296/

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Media is racist, even without obvious titles like that. They want to program your brain to think in generalizations and stereotypes. A person like that is easier to control and sell to.

quiggle

Starter
if Dom Imus got canned for calling womens basketball nappy headed hoes someone here has got to go

this goes to show what a hypocrite piece of smegma John Liu is at least the blacks got Al Sharpton who has there back I aint here Liu say a thing, or am I wrong?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Media is racist, even without obvious titles like that. They want to program your brain to think in generalizations and stereotypes. A person like that is easier to control and sell to.

Agreed. Personally, I think education is the key to everything. The more educated a society is, the more successfuly it is.

We should all marry someone of another race and have children. Then there would be no races. Only mixes of races.

It's been heading that way for a while now...

Racism is just clear signs of envy and plain stupidity. Knuckleheads, assholes, killers, under achievers, over achievers and every typical persona known to man exist in all races...

Boredum and self hate is also known to fester these conditions. so yeah, a blend of every culture can only be benificial. It's just we've been condition since birth to be bigots. If you put a bunch of 2 year olds together in a room (from every race) they'll mix in well and enjoy each others company while working together. But as they grow under the leadership of hate...times change for the worse as people hinder and disrespect each other for no f****** reason.

You control nations by dividing the people within them. It's the oldest tactic in the book. Its just now people are getting sick of being sick. Waking up (as some call it) can be a daunting task...as a good slumber is not something so easily over come.

We created so much thru division, just imagine what we can create thru unity...

KingCharles34

All Star
Stephen A (stands for A$$hole) called LeBron a Nig!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/stephen-a-smith-n-word-lebron-james_n_1136899.html

and then he tells him to "wear the black hat" half a dozen times!
this man's got no class, i tell ya!

ESPN is full of dopes!

lol I was dying when i saw that, Stephen A Stiff is a clown and so is Bayless but those dudes are funny

:lol:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Agreed. Personally, I think education is the key to everything. The more educated a society is, the more successfuly it is.

We should all marry someone of another race and have children. Then there would be no races. Only mixes of races.

I completely agree. Interracial marriages and procreation ftw.

This is the statement ESPN released.:

At ESPN we are aware of three offensive and inappropriate comments made on ESPN outlets during our coverage of Jeremy Lin.

Saturday we apologized for two references. We have since learned of a similar reference Friday on ESPN Radio New York. The incidents were separate and different. We have engaged in a thorough review of all three and have taken the following action:

? The ESPN employee responsible for our Mobile headline has been dismissed.

? The ESPNEWS anchor has been suspended for 30 days.

? The radio commentator is not an ESPN employee.

We again apologize, especially to Mr. Lin. His accomplishments are a source of great pride to the Asian-American community, including the Asian-American employees at ESPN. Through self-examination, improved editorial practices and controls, and response to constructive criticism, we will be better in the future.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't know if this one an honest mistake or not, but seriously... How the hell does something like this get past the editor.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Seriously, I have been knowing the negative term "chink" for my entire life. And I was very angry when I heard the news.

But I was so surprised that ESPN reporters would do such a thing like that. Now I have a question and I hope someone who knows it better can answer me calmly and scientifically. (without getting me wrong)

What exactly does "chink" mean? I mean besides the crack or fissure meaning.

The dictionary says: It's used as a disparaging term for person of Chinese birth or descent. And that's what I have been knowing for this word.

But why is this term disparaging? Can anyone tell me how to properly interpret "chink" in another term or terms? Like does it mean Chinese Ghost? Or Sick Chinese? Or?

Thanks!