Cavs Sign Nichols.....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Cleveland Signs Demetris Nichols
October 29, 2007 - 5:57 pm
RealGM Staff Report -
The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed guard/forward Demetris Nichols to a contract, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced Monday. Per team and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Nichols, 23, played in five preseason games for the New York Knicks and averaged 4.8 points on .571 (8-14) shooting including .667 (4-6) from three-point range in 7.8 minutes per game. He was originally selected by the Portland Trail Blazers with the 53rd overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was then traded to the Knicks on draft day in exchange for a 2008 second round selection. He was waived by the Knicks on October 25.

The 6-foot-8, 216-pounder led the Big East in scoring last season when he averaged 18.9 points per game and was named to the All-Big East First Team. During his four-year career with the Orange, he played in 123 games (93 starts) and averaged 10.9 points and 4.1 rebounds per game.

sforange

Rookie
Good thing

Isaiah signed Fred Jones to prove once and for all that he was right when he drafted him at Indiana. I mean, no other team in the NBA thinks Jones is worth much besides being a second team defensive guy. Why not take him over a young guy who so far seems to look like he can score a quick 10 off the bench? I hope averaging 70 ppg is enough for the mighty Thomas. Should make for a real exciting team to watch.:barf:

sforange

Rookie
By the way

why am I Lurker? Because I'm new?

rady edit:
all members with less then 5 posts are part of a group called "Lurkers" where there's some limited access to the forum features. Lurkers cannot start new threads or use the private messaging. Once you make your 5th post, you will be automatically moved in to the main group, your status will be changed to "Rookie", you will be able to start topics and PM other members.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Yep

Yeah your probably a lurker cause your new yeah i feel you bro about him getting rid of Nichols for fred jones i dont know what he was thinking well have to 2 of the best dunkers in the league now i guess thats what he was going for lol. cause shooting is not important. this move is gonna hurt us so much now that hes going to the cavs. Hes going to kill us cause we have no perimeter D and the short Fred Jones wont be able to stop him you all will see

:boohoo:

Trin_Starr

Starter
sforange - 3 more posts - you can do eet! :)

I'm glad for Nichols. He will be raining open 3's all day when LeBron drives in and dishes out to him.

I'm happy for the kid to get his shot as well. I just would have liked it better if he went to the western confrance so he wouldn't be knocking down the majority of his threes against us and all the other vastly improved teams in the east.

sforange

Rookie
Thanks for

the update on the lurker thing. And for not hammering me on the negative Isaiah post being my first one and all. I'm not a life long knick fan or anything, but lived in the city for 3 years during the Spree era and came to cheer for them in a big way. I'm also a big fan of the history of franchises, and it angers me to see things in such disarray and to see Dolan seemingly sit on his a$$. I guess at this stage it's wait and see until the end of the week. I'm torn into hoping for good things for the franchise, and hoping Isaiah crashes and burns. Actually, I guess those things aren't mutually exclusive. I should say, also, if it's not obvious by my handle, that I'm a lifelong 'cuse orange fan so have first hand knowledge of Nichols improvement over the last 4 years. what many may not realize is that he would have probably gotten more press, but had a speech impediment that basically didn't allow him any media exposure until his senior year, when he got enough confidence to speak (major stuttering). I guess I shouldn;t bring that up here as he's no longer a knick. I'll try not to even though it pisses me off!:evil:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
He is a good player. Young, healthy, and talented. He'll fit right in with the Cavs. I think he will have a good career there. He can come off the bench for Hughes.

skillums

Rookie
Watch how good Nichols plays for the cavs. Once again the knicks will be burnt when Nichols is shooting 3's all over them.

jzero29

Rotation player
That didn't take long at all.

I really just don't understand it. How could the knicks have let this happen? Now We'll have a second round pick and nichols in the league for years to come, haunting us every minute. Great move Isiah. I'm glad we have fred jones, a preseaon all-star, who won't do anything but take up space on our roster and playing time from guys who could use it to develope. As much as I am sure that I'll one day hate the way D-nich always seems to be having a career day against us, hope fully by then Jones and Isiah will be distant memories.

I thought the same thing about Jackie Butler coming back to haunting us, but he just got cut by the Rockets! Maybe D Nichols got cut because he was a little too outspoken or maybe he wasn't playing at a level that warrented him making the team. Like IT or not, he is not one to pass on a young player, especailly one he drafted, so I have to beleive that he wasn't showing anything more than just a nice jumper.

Isiah can have the flu and couldn't get a cough drop from James Dolan right now. So to buy out a contract to keep Nicholls was not going down no matter how much Jerome James needs to go. Zeke still has to justify Jared Jeffries before he can bring in another SF. Chandler is a first rounder so his contract is garunteed, no contest there. Our coach is a superscout, so if the boy couldn't get off the bench in Pre-season....U ALREADY KNOW. I read some idiotic responses on realgm.com about Nicholls comments after the fact. The fact is there are too many knicks and not enough spaces. Although his spot up shooting is something that we need, he's a better fit in Cleaveland because he has someone who can get him the ball. I love my knicks, but the guards cancel each other out. The cure for the point gaurd woes is sitting on the bench(Collins)

SoFresH

Rookie
Coming from syracuse and being a huge orange fan and a huge nichols fan i was going to nuts when i found out he was coming to my team but dumbass Isiah would rather keep scrubs over potenital. and from watching all the summer league games and most of his college games he was improving well.. its to bad Cleveland released him and he already got picked up by the bulls, whenever this dude gets a chance hes going to shine.