All is not well in BK

smokes

Huge Member
Very interesting to see the attention the Nets have been attracting in the past seven days from the media, not the kind of attention they were seeking when they fluttered their eyelashes at the NBA's Association show this year.

Mostly centered around Deron Williams underachievements, the media has been digging for signs of discontent within the Nets camp and wasn't disappointed to hear from D-Will that he is not happy playing in Avery Johnson's ISO-happy offense.

Coming from the player who's previous coaching gripes all but forced Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan into resigning his position with Utah and retiring from coaching altogether. One wonders whether Avery Johnson might be under fire in the near future.

Even "ISO" Joe Johnson has been voicing his concerns over the Nets stagnant offense.

The Nets currently sit one game above .500 and although they have been without Centre Brook Lopez for a short stretch, that's not really an excuse given that Andrey Blatche was giving them excellent production during that time.

Will the next 59 games be enough for the Nets to gel as a team and gain the form that their pre-season admirers were predicting or will they make yet more changes to put a band-aid on their problems, perhaps further damaging their chemistry as a group?

I feel the Nets really are the antithesis of the Knicks. While we are united, experienced and shaking up the East, the Nets are falling apart.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think Deron Williams has been part of the problem, from what I've seen Joe Johnson has played good. At the end of the day i dont think the biggest problem is the players, its the system. I gotta agree with them their. They also have still only played 28 games for them but dont get it twisted. I have no sympathy for them after the sh*t they popped off with. They shoulda shown more respect to the team that has 2 rings and 4 finals appearances. Brooklyn is just a part of New York :gony:

knicksin60

Starter
Deron Williams is a coach's worst nightmare. It's funny how D'antoni wanted to trade Melo for this cancer. Both of them deserve eachother.

The NJ/BK Nets have been in free falling mode for the past month and a half. The reason why they were able to post such a good record after the first 15 games of the season was because of their watered down schedule. I knew that they were not going to continue to be a top 3 seeded team after just a small sample size.

It is very difficult for me to feel sorry for them. Their players spoke a lot of trash about the Knicks before the season started, the media crowned them to be the team to beat in the atlantic division, and they have such arrogant people running their franchise.

It wouldn't surprise me if Avery Johnson gets fired before mid January. He's probably the only guy in that organization that I feel sorry for. Even though I couldn't stand him in his Spurs days you have to feel for the guy. He was unfairly fired by Mark Cuban a few years ago and now he has to deal with a couple of overpaid and underachieving headcases.

Forrest17

Rotation player
its a process. I feel like they are where we were in 2010. Theyll get better and the issues will be ironed out. I don't think AJ stays coach there much longer.

Starks

Starter
I never was impressed by their roster to begin with. They were one the worst teams in the league last year and then were suddenly "tops in the east" after bringing on the worst contract in the league in JJ. They are right were I expected them to be at this point. All this hoopla was just a media creation. Wake me up when they get another guy or two.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
Could it just be JJ that's the problem and not necessarily DWill? Just throwing it out there considering ATL is playing much better now that JJ is gone.

elcol

Rotation player
This is why you never sign a guy like DWill, acts like a baby off the court then when it comes gametime he plays with zero intensity.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Could it just be JJ that's the problem and not necessarily DWill? Just throwing it out there considering ATL is playing much better now that JJ is gone.

Nah, it's the system. Too much isolation. They have B type players in JJ and Deron, as their top 2. Given Avery's iso offense, it gets easier to defend when you get a book on how to defend these guys....thus the fast start and current slump, the league is catching up to what they like to do and taking it away. Problem with the Nets is they don't have an adjustment to the offense. Avery ran into problems in that Dallas-GSW 1-8 series a few years ago, when Dirk got quadrupled, there was no wing man, no option and no adjustment. And Dirk is better than anything the Nets currently have and they won 67 games that year. Team's will continue to hammer away at your pet play until you make an adjustment.

smokes

Huge Member
or will they make yet more changes to put a band-aid on their problems, perhaps further damaging their chemistry as a group?

I feel the Nets really are the antithesis of the Knicks. While we are united, experienced and shaking up the East, the Nets are falling apart.

Called it!