Soccer

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Does anyone watch football here, preferibly the english premier league. If so who are your favorite teams? My dad is from Middlesbrough, so they are my favorite english team, but im from Aberdeen, Scotland, so they are my Scottish team. I am interested in seeing your views.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i usually watch football and although i'm not a fan as i once was (before discovering bball :)) i must admit that i like ac milan from serie a and fc barcelona from primera division
as for premier league, i can't say that i'm watching it (oh, i always hated manchester utd :p) but i do have a sympathy for chelsea

Bruno

Benchwarmer
much to say here im like rady when i discover bbal i take a little off football.
as the teams i like the boro of england but im sorry but they will lose in eufa cup against sporting , in engand i like chelsea with mourinho,paulo ferreira,r.carvalho and tiago all portuuese so i like them ,in spanish i like barça and real madrid they have figo and deco.
in portugal , sporting in romania,stua,in russia cska,in france psg with pauleta,italy i like milan,in brazil santos,argentina boca,in angola i like petro de luanda and much more....
i see very football like 10 a week , 9 bbal a week so im a sport viewer and doing that too as a coach ,studying for ref and player.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
its crazy how real madrid doesnt win every game they play. its hard to believe they ever lose. just look at their incredible lineup!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
too many stars, too many different personalities, it's hard to gell
just look at them 2-3 years ago, when they didn't had all those players, they were much better. anyway, i'm happy to see them losing, they're like the lakers of the nba :p

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yup, thats why chelsea is so much better. They have basically the same funds as real, but they actually do scouting and get players that will help them win.. not pbig stars that will help them get attendance.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
ive been an arsenal fan forever, i dont get to see them enough though... their games are rarely shown here

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
do you have fox soccer channel? (formerly; fox sports world) they play a lot of arsenal games, and a lot of review shoes to recap all the games. That channel is a life saver, at least fox did one thing right

Spanish_fan

Rookie
Iniestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goallllllll!!!!!
minute 93 lolololololol!!!!!

Chelsea 1 - Barcelona 1

Barcelona beats Chelsea in 2009 UEFA Champions League.

The next step is Manchester United in the final. The date is May 27th in Rome.

Let's go Bar?a to our third Champions League.

skelos

Rookie
i picked man u to repeat at the beginning of the season.... what a game between barca and chelsea the ref blew it for chelsea was hoping for a rematch of last year

Spanish_fan

Rookie
To be fair, the ref was a disaster, Chelsea have reasons to complain.

But Bar?a was the only one trying to play, this thing happen when you just think of defending.

skelos

Rookie
true after being up a man they should have put more pressure on barca so i guess they deserved what they got

th3realicon

Rotation player
I support Barca as all of you might have guessed from my sig. The Chelsea game was one of the most incredible upsets i have ever witnessed, well apart from that 99 champions league Final betwen Man U and Bayern. To be fair Chelsea deserved it more than we did but than again luck helps the strong. :)

Against Man U i believe it will be an awesome match. Two teams that play a very attractive football. (Yes FOOTBALL :)) I am a little upset we will miss Abidail, Marquez and Alves in defence but Pujol is vack so we should be able to contain CR7 and Co.

Can't wait. :)

Pricey

Rotation player
Manchester United all my life. My dad came over from Bristol but he was a dead set Red Devil fan, probably cause his mum was Arsenal.

I cant see Man Utd losing the final, Barcelona's defence is not that great but missing 3 key defenders for the final only helps our cause. Dont think they will be able to contain Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov.

Hopefully we can go back to back and further stamp our claim as being the best club in the world

Pricey

Rotation player
well we are reigning European champions, current World Club champions, reigning EPL champions and set to win it again.

Did Barcelona win their league last year?

th3realicon

Rotation player
Did i say we are the best club in the world? NO
And till it is set and done you are not the best club. That will be settled in Rome. We are about to win the Primera Liga and you are set to win the EPL. We are both in the CL final and til' may 27 you are just another british team. We already kicked out the best of them in Chelsea. Your midfield is old with Giggs and Scholes.

Need i remind you we scored 4 to Bayern, 6 to Madrid in the last month?