Knicks to pursue Rashard Lewis?

NYKnicks15

Starter
It is known fact that Rashard Lewis WILL opt out of his contract this offseason and search for a home to recieve the max contract.

Thing is there will only be two teams under the cap.. Orlando and Charlotte. He doesnt seem to be fond of either.

When asked about the Knicks he said he will definitely not exclude them. and with our need for a quality SF it seems like a perfect fit. It would have to be a sign and trade and with hometown Seattle players in JC and Nate its quite possible we can land him.

Whats your guys opinion?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
My opinion is wave by to Nate. I could see a Nate/Crawford trade for Lewis. May be we can package Jefferies or James in the deal as well? I don't think it will hurt us to lose any of those players because they all are expendable.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
it would be great to get rashard lewis i think he would really be able to get us over the hump and into the playoffs reguraly. hes a great sf and teamed with lee, curry, steph, and mardy collins i think that could be a great lineup. i think there could be a chance collins could start next year at pg and let steph to his thing at 2. hes just what we would need teamed with lee who do the dirty work and get theres of broken plays. this would leave lewis, steph, and curry to focus on scoring and everyone would know there roles. id love that lineup with balkman, channing, and a good pick this year bringing something off the bench.

George M.

Benchwarmer
it would be great to get rashard lewis i think he would really be able to get us over the hump and into the playoffs reguraly. hes a great sf and teamed with lee, curry, steph, and mardy collins i think that could be a great lineup. i think there could be a chance collins could start next year at pg and let steph to his thing at 2. hes just what we would need teamed with lee who do the dirty work and get theres of broken plays. this would leave lewis, steph, and curry to focus on scoring and everyone would know there roles. id love that lineup with balkman, channing, and a good pick this year bringing something off the bench.
You seem to have forgotten Q-Rich in that starting 5.BTW, Lewis makes 10 Mil as a SuperSonic.He wants max money(Francis,Marbury= 15 mil).So the sign and trade for Francis would be outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is known fact that Rashard Lewis WILL opt out of his contract this offseason and search for a home to recieve the max contract.

Thing is there will only be two teams under the cap.. Orlando and Charlotte. He doesnt seem to be fond of either.

When asked about the Knicks he said he will definitely not exclude them. and with our need for a quality SF it seems like a perfect fit. It would have to be a sign and trade and with hometown Seattle players in JC and Nate its quite possible we can land him.

Whats your guys opinion?
i dont think that seattle will want to give j james ANOTHER chance. but they mite b forced to. they could have 2 potentially great gaurds, that is, if nate could get his head on straight. i never thought bout trading nate, but this makes sense. As far as Jefferies goes, i think, with some serious work over the off season, that he could be a descent player. lets see how this plays out.

George M.

Benchwarmer
My opinion is wave by to Nate. I could see a Nate/Crawford trade for Lewis. May be we can package Jefferies or James in the deal as well? I don't think it will hurt us to lose any of those players because they all are expendable.
Hey Don Chris:That little message you have beneath your posts is friggin' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo george m. look at the time of ur post and the time of mine-not this one, the one right above the one where u said donchris's sig was funny. wow.
this mite seem like a stupid thread to and everyone else, but i think its pritty cool.

dig4that

Rookie
I don't like the trade. I just don't know why Seattle would want to add Nate to Watson and Ridnour, and I don't know why they would want Craw at the 2 with Ray allen. Crawford has the skills to start, he won't want to come off the bench, PLUS he's now got that injury cloud over his head. As far as James, they won't take his ass back. The only guy is Francis, he could come in and play the 1 or 2 off the bench. but do they want that salary? I don't know man. There are other teams we can make deals with. Let's see what other rumors come around.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
The knicks should try sending qrich (7 mil), nate (1 mil), jj20 (7 mil) for lewis... the sonics tried the jj13 experiment previously (they offered him major dollars about 6 years ago when layden first wanted to sign him)...

this gives us: steph, crawford, lewis, dlee, curry as starters
with: frye, collins, rose, francis as our bench... i would hate to see qrich go... but he's only a year younger than lewis and is injured just as often... except lewis has a higher talent cap...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think you guys are offering too much for Lewis. Hes a good player and everything but a little inconsistent. But overall Lewis would be a great fit to the knicks team. I would offer Q-Rich and Collins for him.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I think the Knicks need a player like him. But if we get him, alot of people wil be struggling to get some playing time. Players like Quentin, Lee, and Jefferies will not get less playing time.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I wasnt saying give them jamal and nate and theyll except im just saying with both of them being seattle players and would draw seattle some ticket buyers thats a plus.

I actually think if francis continues to play how he is we have a chance of trading him for Lewis. not straight up though. id see a multiplayer deal happening.

if seattle is trying to rebuild especially with a move possible (stadium reasons) who knows maybe they would throw in Ray allen for a core of young players in return.

more likely is lewis and watson for francis and jeffries. maybe with nate thrown in there. watson despite team chemistry is not wanted by the coach and im sure hed try to do this if possible.