Game 2: Knicks @ GS - 28 Dec, 10:30

For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Toney Douglas' Assist Total

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Crazy_8_Splash.jpg

carousel_WarriorsGameday_KnicksNow_111227.jpg

GT SOUNDTRACK

A metal masterpiece. Will have you killing small animals in a heartbeat.

THE STARTING (5)

nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif

STAT

stat-monroe-o.gif

It is said that if you feed him after midnight, he shoots Gremlins from his anus

MELO

anthony-o.gif

There are rumors that he can crack an ostrich egg between his ostrich eggs.

Laundry Folds

fields-hawks-smash-o.gif

A reliable source has said that if he swims the breaststroke, milk emanates from his teetlings.

TD23

td23-o.gif

Some say he was born unto a virgin, and that he can turn wine in to water.

The Man Handler

melo-2-tc-o.gif

Apparently, his money shot could fill a safe.

kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg

CRAZY⑧S' KNICK ON UAV

dragonball-radar-o.gif

Toney 'Can't Dig A Hole If You Are....." Douglas

td23-bulls-o.gif

For the next approximate month, TD23 will be in the crosshairs of critics, fans and analysts alike. Whether or no Melo is the chief facilitator out of necessity, we need Douglas to find a rhythm, create a flow, that bolsters the output of his co-workers. STAT needs Toney to establish a double threat offensive game.

kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg

PRBING THE ENEMY

ninja2.jpg

GS achieve the upset in their second game of the season against Chicago.

nyk_40.gif
Stephen Curry injures that reoccurring ankle injury: may be out against us, haven't checked.

nyk_40.gif
GS got a mere 17 points out of their reserves in the game. We will need our second unit to be effective against theirs, to establish a chokehold on any effective, unforeseen output.

nyk_40.gif
Ellis is the man to watch, as always, from the Warriors. If we can isolate him from a playmaking role, which shouldn't be hard, and render him as ineffective as possible, this matchup will be mores in our favor than it already is on paper.

kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg

knicksonline.com poster in the spotlight.

409037_2780823994999_1090158690_33002399_704263674_n.jpg

TR1LL1ON. Once rhymed a dude in to submission in a thread. A win for poets everywhere.

kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg
kni_w.jpg

yahoo-logo.jpg

PREVIEW

One game into their first full season with Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, the New York Knicks have already accomplished something they failed to do last season.

With a win in their second game, they would achieve a feat that has eluded them for more than a decade.

carousel_FanCamFinal660.jpg

After a promising opener, the Knicks look to start a season with consecutive wins for the first time since 1999 on Wednesday night when they visit the Golden State Warriors, who will likely be without star guard Stephen Curry.

New York beat Boston 106-104 on Christmas after going 0-8 against the division rival Celtics last season, including a sweep in the first round of the playoffs.

?It?s a long year, but this game was very important for us to get off to a great start,? Stoudemire said.

Anthony scored 37 points and Stoudemire added 21, and the pair of All-Stars combined to shoot 18 for 28 from the field and 6 for 9 from 3-point range as the Knicks overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit.

large_JoePetruccio.jpg

?Most importantly for us, as a new team, we showed something,? Anthony said. ?We came together as a team. Even when we got down, there wasn?t no frowns. Nobody was down. Mentally everybody was still up about it, and we willed our way to this win.?

Early-season wins have been hard to come by for the Knicks (1-0) in recent years. New York hasn?t won its first two games since opening 3-0 in 1999-2000, also the last season it won a playoff series.

The Knicks could have an easier time getting their second victory with Curry expected to rest his injured right ankle. Curry, who missed eight games with ankle problems last season and reinjured his right ankle in the preseason, had 21 points, 10 assists and six steals before landing awkwardly again Monday against Chicago.

?It?s frustrating that sprunge keeps coming up in to my throat on a fast break,? Curry said.

Curry?s performance prior to the injury helped Golden State (1-1) bounce back from a season-opening loss with a 99-91 win over the Bulls, giving coach Mark Jackson his first career win.

?I talked to the guys afterwards, and it means something because I dreamt of this moment,? said Jackson, a point guard from New York who was the league?s Rookie of the Year with the Knicks in 1987-88. ?I told the guys I just didn?t see the guys in uniform, but I thank God it was them because of their commitment, their focus, and their dedication. I?m extremely proud of that group.?

The Warriors, continuing a four-game homestand, went 26-15 at Oracle Arena last season and 10-31 on the road. They had won eight straight at home against the Knicks before falling 125-119 on Nov. 19, 2010, despite Monta Ellis? 40 points.

Anthony was still playing for Denver while New York split two meetings with Golden State last season. He averaged 34.0 points for the Nuggets in two games against the Warriors, and is 19-6 against them in his career.

Former Knicks forward David Lee scored 28 points and 10 rebounds in his first career game against New York last season.

The Knicks, though, fortified their interior defense by trading for Tyson Chandler in the offseason. The 7-foot-1 center blocked six shots in his New York debut.

A REMINDER OF OUR GLORIOUS Xmas Day WIN. Like a hungover wrist-session, once just isn't enough.

Last edited:

MusketeerX

Rotation player
5 now, but more will come later:afro:.

I have a feeling he is going to have one of these break out games soon. I have faith in Toney.

smokes

Huge Member
Curry won't be playing I read, good news for us!

I like this poster in the spotlight addition to the game threads gives the newer guys a little lesson in KO.com history :lol:

We better win this game :gony:

Results from X-rays late Monday and an MRI on Tuesday were negative on the surgically repaired right ankle of Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, who scored 21 points despite tweaking it in the 99-91 win against the Chicago Bulls.

But Curry will be a game-time decision for Wednesday's home game against the New York Knicks.

Curry, who also hurt the ankle in preseason and missed three practices, doesn't want to chance further injury, said his agent, Lance Young.

"With this shortened season and back-to backs, for him to be able to get four days of rest and get ready for Saturday (against the Philadelphia 76ers), he thought that (sitting out Wednesday) probably would be the right thing," Young said.

Curry, after Monday's game, tried to put the best spin on the condition of his ankle.

"It was comforting for me that it wasn't one of those just planting and moving kind of injuries like I had" injuring it last week in preseason, Curry said.

"It's still frustrating that this keeps coming up. I had this all last year so for me it's just trying to figure out why it keeps doing that and try to get it stronger."
I know they say he's day to day but I really see Curry sitting out this one, GSW doesn't want risk further injury.

I just noticed I got another rep power from being signed on this site for over a year. Now all I need is more rep someone hook a brother up!

Wargames

Starter
Knicks could definitely win this one. Scoring from the Bench will be an issue so I think Novak, Walker, and Balkman will see the bench minutes. Expect Baron to get a nice welcome since he is a returning all star not on a crappy team. It would be the equivalent of david lee in the Garden.

Toney has 6 assists and Tyson will foul Monta hard as he slashes to the basket..... Also I don't see curry playing he just helped beat the bulls so he can take a break on a high note.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Yeah Tommy D had that twitter post on his site saying that S Curry wasn't ruled out yet, but the comments from him/his agent were that he'd take this game off. I pick a close Knicks win, I'll say by 6, and I will take 7 assists for Toney Douglas, I know, I know, but that's my pick!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Call me crazy, but I believe Toney will serve at least 8 dishes tonight. I know he had a slow start and isn't a born passer, but I still remember his games in March when Chauncey got injured. I have a lot of faith in TD23 and even if I'm a little naive I hope tonight he'll tell you where to go.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Got six for Toney.

Golden State still runs a fast uptempo game. Mike D is the master of this game, and they don't have Curry, so let's win this thing!

Amar'e has David Lee guarding him so I hope to see 30 points from Amar'e just saying

Got six for Toney.

Golden State still runs a fast uptempo game. Mike D is the master of this game, and they don't have Curry, so let's win this thing!

Amar'e has David Lee guarding him so I hope to see 30 points from Amar'e just saying

Or a 20/20 game by Lee....

Last edited:
I'm thinking seven but hoping for more like 11 :smokin: who won last game's rep points? Maybe the results could be posted in a sticky? Fun to keep track. I was off by seven with Melo going over my 30 points prediction...not that I'm complaining. :gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
Glorious as usual, Mr. 8's, glorious as usual. :smokin:

This game is something of an early season litmus test for STAT. If he allows David Lee to pound and penetrate like Peter North in his prime, we can start more safely saying it's same ol' same ol'.

As well, it's yet another test to see how our backcourt can handle superior NBA guards -- is Rondo simply our/Douglas' kryptonite? We'll be finding out if that is aberration or simply a norm.

Glorious as usual, Mr. 8's, glorious as usual. :smokin:

This game is something of an early season litmus test for STAT. If he allows David Lee to pound and penetrate like Peter North in his prime, we can start more safely saying it's same ol' same ol'.

As well, it's yet another test to see how our backcourt can handle superior NBA guards -- is Rondo simply our/Douglas' kryptonite? We'll be finding out if that is aberration or simply a norm.

Good post bro!

Red

TYPE-A
I've got my eye on our guards and from the thread I made, I think you guys know why.

By upgrading this team as we did, we must now understand an increase in expectations. That said, I will no longer make or put up with excuses.

It was the players, the coach, the system, injuries, yada yada yada...

F*ck all that! Show and prove that you belong on a championship caliber team or else. My microscope will be fixated on our back-court. As of now we are basically among the worst defensive teams in the NBA- in terms of opponents fg%, rebounding, and points in transition.

Speaking of transition... we are involved in one right? We all know that the real issue we had was on defense right? So save the "its not a big deal" shit.

If this is a system anomoly... then revamp the f*cking system.

You know my mantra "REDUCE THE EXCUSE"!

One.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
I forgot...

I think Bibby will probably run the point better than TD.

You know what I would love?

To challenge TD to record NO POINTS, and Double digit assists for a change. Just once, can this dude make others better and facilitate the offense... just once please.

I got Bibby for 7+ assists, and 10+ points.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Man, I've been thinking the same.
Force TD to shoot ZERO jumpers in a game and still produce 20-25 points for the team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I forgot...

I think Bibby will probably run the point better than TD.

You know what I would love?

To challenge TD to record NO POINTS, and Double digit assists for a change. Just once, can this dude make others better and facilitate the offense... just once please.

I got Bibby for 7+ assists, and 10+ points.
I dunno, Douglas' tempo isn't very good either. I wouldn't mind Douglas only passing and trying to make plays for others, but, he's shown to only be a scorer.

Once isn't a lot to ask for though.