Nate 6th man of the year

LeFlume

All Star
Will Knicks players get any love when it's time to sum up this season.
Will Nate Robinson be up for 6th man of the year award? David Lee for most improved player? If we reach the playoffs. Have D'Antoni made a case for coach of the year?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Will Knicks players get any love when it's time to sum up this season.
Will Nate Robinson be up for 6th man of the year award? David Lee for most improved player? If we reach the playoffs. Have D'Antoni made a case for coach of the year?

I hope Jet is out for a while, because that would give Nate a clear edge to win it. Nate has the best chance to win his respective award out of the three you mentioned.

Lee for MIP? I'd love to see that, but right now, its a two man race between Danny Granger and DHarris.

Mike would definitely be considered as a top 5 option for Coach of the year. I don't think he would win it, but he would make one heck of a case for sure.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
bump this, Nate Robinson for 6th man of the year, i see him winning a few with the knicks.....he plays great on both ends, and i especially like the fact that his TO's are down.

Lee probably wont win M.I.P, that award has Harris written all over it.

and C.O.Y should go to D'Antoni but they'll likely give it to Van Gundy or Brown, but D'Antoni will def win one as a knick coach.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea nate all the way on this one! He deserves it with the stats and the presence he brings every game.

Hopefully david and mike win the awards so that we can get more recognition

JayJ44

Starter
Nate definitely deserves it. If Jason Terry misses more time than I could see that happening.

As for the Lee and Mike, can't see that happening, even though both deserve it. IMO, COY should go to Skiles. They're missing 2 of their most important players (Redd and Bogut) and they're still in that 8th spot. Most improved will go to Granger or Harris, as streetdreams said.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lol its games like this that makes us happy we didnt trade nate when we could. damn 41 points, i saw the whole fourth quarter, and he really made a difference. sixth man of the year is krypto-nate! jason terry uve had a good year, but the 6th man of the year award is coming to new york!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If the Knicks wanna make the playoffs, it's going to require:
N8 keeping up the onslaught.
DLee Racking up dubdub after dubdub
And Mikey D busting out the tactic.

If all follow suit & maintain form, each one of them should be awarded the fitting trophies. No question.

Jesus H it would be sensational! A fine selling point to that big signing 14 odd months from now.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I don't think that he will be voted as sixth man of the year for the same reasons why David Lee didn't make the all-star team.First reason is that the NBA makes a habbit out of acknowledging the best players of their elite teams and cares very little about rewarding good players that play for below average teams.For example if your name isn't Manu Ginobli, Rip Hamilton, or Lamar Odom the odds of you winning such an award are against you.It's similar to this forum, if your name isn't DatPrince, metrocard, Red, or turneraddict then your posts will get little to no responses.
Second reason is the D'Antoni system excuse.Anyone that has success under Mike D'antoni will always be viewed as a mediocre player that happened to be under the right coaching system.People like to credit the system more than they credit the players that performed well.And that a player such as Nate Robinson would be an underachiever with any other coach.

Last edited: