Eddie Curry Weight Watch

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
As most of us know Eddie Curry is working out with the legendary William "Wes" Wesley, who has worked with Labron James and others on conditioning, weight loss and nutrition. According to Donnie Walsh the plan is similar to the Duke Diet & Fitness Center (something Sid Fernandez tried during his Mets career).

Curry has typically played around 285lbs and is rumored to have gained 25lbs. Walsh claims that Curry looks good and has lost weight but wont say how much. (This probably means not enough.) Other reports claim that the Knicks want Curry to drop 30lbs over the summer.

After Curry won his court case of trying to anally assault his driver, he immediately went to the gay bar. :teeth: Just kidding, he went to the gym. So it appears that he's serious about getting back in shape.

Will it be enough?
Can Curry get back to where he was that one good season he had as a Knick?

GetRealistic

Starter
If he's paying a professional trainer losing 30 lbs over 5-6 months shouldn't be a problem. But then again professional athlethes who were on the brink of being an all-star shouldn't be 30 lbs overweight to begin with.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Curry

If Curry drops 30 pounds from what he was at the end of the season, I think he will still be over 285 pounds. I hope that Curry will be in shape for the coming season, but an in shape Curry wil likely be at least 270 pounds. Dwight Howard is listed at 240, but Curry has a much bigger frame.

By the way, the case brought by Curry's driver has not gone away, despite Curry's twitter message. It was dismissed from court proceedings because the driver's employment contract with Curry included an arbitration clause. The case will be arbitrated privately,

dre48ny

Rotation player
He should be able to accomplish his goal!! I don't get how athletes gain weight!! (in a bad way) You are paid to play sports!! That's all you do all day everyday, that's your job. Most people working 8-5 pm or even more hours might have an excuse if they gain a few pounds, they have no time for the gym or playing a pick up game!! What a ****ing disgrace!!

CoolClyde

dead weight

It's amazing how Eddy Curry was dead weight for the entire 2008-09 season. 10Million dollars, more money than 99% of the world is paid their entire lives, and Eddy Curry comes into camp out of shape? This is the problem with professional sports, super huge contracts, with NO STIPULATIONS whether the "professional" comes fit to play. If a player cannot play due to conditioning, he should not be paid. period. This is also the problem with players coming into the NBA straight out of high school, Eddy Curry is a prime example of a non-adult getting paid stupid money, and then a stupid GM paying a stupid kid stupid money and throwing away the future of the Knicks thru traded picks, betting on a franchise player, and losing the bet.
Eddy Curry has made a ton of bad moves, including hiring an ex-con driver, and coming on to him in a sophomoric way, having extra-marital sex and having a kid after he was married, all signs of a kid in an adult body. Eddy Curry needs to GROW UP first and foremost and fast, then become a responsible adult, and ultimately, a professional sports athlete. The latter he is sorely lacking the qualities needed to attain the franchise status accorded him by Isiah, Larry Brown and No-D'Antoni.

I think everyone should twitter Eddy Curry and send him encouraging words, maybe he will grow up this year... and lose some f*cking weight!

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
It's amazing how Eddy Curry was dead weight for the entire 2008-09 season. 10Million dollars, more money than 99% of the world is paid their entire lives, and Eddy Curry comes into camp out of shape? This is the problem with professional sports, super huge contracts, with NO STIPULATIONS whether the "professional" comes fit to play. If a player cannot play due to conditioning, he should not be paid. period. This is also the problem with players coming into the NBA straight out of high school, Eddy Curry is a prime example of a non-adult getting paid stupid money, and then a stupid GM paying a stupid kid stupid money and throwing away the future of the Knicks thru traded picks, betting on a franchise player, and losing the bet.
Eddy Curry has made a ton of bad moves, including hiring an ex-con driver, and coming on to him in a sophomoric way, having extra-marital sex and having a kid after he was married, all signs of a kid in an adult body. Eddy Curry needs to GROW UP first and foremost and fast, then become a responsible adult, and ultimately, a professional sports athlete. The latter he is sorely lacking the qualities needed to attain the franchise status accorded him by Isiah, Larry Brown and No-D'Antoni.

I think everyone should twitter Eddy Curry and send him encouraging words, maybe he will grow up this year... and lose some f*cking weight!

Very good post.

It infuriates me how much some of these NBA players can get away with, with the amount of money they are getting. A simple office employee would be laid off if they weren't getting themselves in a position to work, yet we see here that Curry was shitloads over weight, did nothing for the year yet got paid handsomely for it.

I know you can't really compare an office job to playing basketball professionally, but come on, lift your game Eddy, you won't realise how priviledged you are/were until basketball is over, then it will hit you.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
He should be able to accomplish his goal!! I don't get how athletes gain weight!! (in a bad way) You are paid to play sports!! That's all you do all day everyday, that's your job. Most people working 8-5 pm or even more hours might have an excuse if they gain a few pounds, they have no time for the gym or playing a pick up game!! What a ****ing disgrace!!

Co-sign, the fat man should of stayed in shape. He was chillin' all last year, not doing any type of training. He reminded me of those fat ****s that use the electronic wheel chairs at wal-mart. The next team that signs him needs to put a fat bastard clause in his contract.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Co-sign, the fat man should of stayed in shape. He was chillin' all last year, not doing any type of training. He reminded me of those fat ****s that use the electronic wheel chairs at wal-mart. The next team that signs him needs to put a fat bastard clause in his contract.

Yeah bro, he was going through a lot of shit but he was off!! Go step on the tread mill.

Yeah man I feel u on the wal-mart electronic chairs, lol. At least they're not getting paid the millions this fag is getting paid!!

The fat bastard clause is genius, lmao!!