Denver Nuggets vs. New York Knicks 12/26 1:00pm

DENVER NUGGETS (19-11) VS. NEW YORK KNICKS (11-17)
KNICKS-2.jpg

Welcome to the New York Knicks Pregame Show. Im your host GoKnicksDLEE42. Today we will be talking the upcoming game, the denver nuggets recent blockbuster deal, and the road ahead for both teams.
First lets get to the starting lineups..
KNICKSSTARTERS-1.jpg

**Anthony has missed the last few games with an elbow injury.
DEN: The Nuggets sport a strong bench which includes Forwards Renaldo Balkman, and Linas Kleiza, Guards JR Smith and Anthony Carter.
NYK: The Knicks have been playing decent basketball lately but have lacked in key areas like rebounding and defense. Theyre scoring well, averaging over 100 points per game, and 4th year combo guard Nate Robinson has come off the bench this year to average about 17 points a game. 2nd year guard-forward Wilson Chandler has also stepped up - now in a starting role - to show off his jumper and to lead the team in blocked shots.
But first and Foremost, I'd like to take a moment to pay tribute to the return of a fan favorite to the garden.
balkman.jpg

Taz brought an unreal amount of energy to this team in his NY days. Hes an above the rim player who could play on intensity alone. He sure made the knicks fun to watch even when his team was pathetic. I'd like to speak for all knicks fans when I say We miss you, and good luck wherever your future takes you Renaldo.

If you were smart enough not to watch Friday's horrible performance, here's what you missed:

Now, back to the game.
This is a game the Knicks will definitely not be able to fall behind quickly because, much like the Boston game recently, they will not let you back in. I do believe the knicks will be in this game for a while (they have shown to play up or down to the level of their opponents) but its gonna be tough to beat the Nuggets. They acquired one of the best point guards in the game today in Chauncey Billups, admitting the Allen Iverson-Carmelo Anthony expirement did not work as they thought it would.

A perfect transition to our next segment..
KNICKS PLAYER SPOTLIGHT OF THE GAME​
duspotlightFINAL.jpg

Chris Duhon has been a pleasent surprise this season for the Knicks. He's averaging 12 points and almost 9 assists per game. he's had many highlights this year, including falling one rebound short of a triple-double 12/9 against Chicago, his former team, and Setting the Knicks single-game record for assists with 22 - a record untouched for decades.
Against Denver, he's going to have to go up against one of the best in Chauncey Billups. They both have similar styles of basketball, both being pass-first guards. Duhon is gonna have to prove himself as one of the top pg's this season if he wants to lead his team to victory vs. the Nuggets.

matchup.jpg

The reason I chose these 2 players for tonights matchup is becasue they, like duhon and billups, are similar basketabll players. Both have similar build and both can play many positions. Anthony is a proven winner dating back to his ncaa championship syracuse days. Wilson Chandler will need to be on the top of his game tonight. Anothony can hit the outside shot consistantly. Chandler has shown range but is a very streaky player. He's also had trouble guarding smaller players.

prediction.jpg

The Nuggets should come out on top in this game. But, the knicks should be hungry coming off a pathetic loos to the 5-win t-wolves. Prediction: DEN: 119 NYK:108

Thanks for joining me in the Knicks Pregame Show. Please tune into MSG at 12:00 noon Sunday to watch the game.
Hip Hop Joint of the Day
Biggie
Spit Your Game
Biggie Duets

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol I was turnin on my TV to see if it was on :lol:

Nice game thread GoKnicks, you caught me by suprise. You got some nice pics in there....and I agree, i think denver will win. Record wise there one of the best teams in the West. Chauncey Billups has made them a better team with his leadership, unselfishness, and defense.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Sick thread GoKnicksDLee you should def do more threads

and as far as the game goes im expecting a loss tomorrow they're easily the better team

and Billups has always killed us in the past

JayJ44

Starter
Great thread, really cool pics. We're probably gonna lose this game, the Nuggets are much better than us. Their actually playing defense, and their offense is much more efficient since Billups arrived. Common sense says that we'll lose, but maybe the Knicks will surprise us after that showing against the T-Wolves. We'll have to shoot lights out, play defense, and Harrington will have to get out of his slump.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Although I think we probably gonna loose tomorow I can't stop thinking that we play better against good teams (even when we lost) then against crappy teams. So at least let s hope we have a good game tomorow and maybe who knows.

GO KNICKS

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great Thread. It must have taken you a long time to make it. The Knicks might actually win this game. The last time they played a 12 noon game, they beat the Pistons. Maybe they will catch the Nuggets by surprise and pick up a win.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks 7-Man Rotation vs Denver 8 to 9-Man Rotation.

Renaldo Tazman Balkman is the 9th Man in the Nuggets rotation and his performance has been better than any performance Jefferies & Tim Thomas had this season.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
wilson chandler , 4-12, 0-5 from 3, wilson please, if u not open, dont shoot that 3, wilson makes things happen inside the 3 point arc

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Wilson has been god today when he's around the basket he needs to do more of that and our defense needs to step up...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
At the start of the season, I was as high on Chandler as anyone on the planet. I actually thought he had a shot to eventually be an all-star caliber player or close. At this point, I'm not sure he should even be playing much. He can't shoot a 3 pointer to save his life. That in itself is not so horrible, except that he insists on shooting them all the time. He should never shoot a 3 pointer unless the shot clock is about to expire. Having one Qrich on the team is bad enough, we don't need two of them. I've seen enough of this kid. He can be a good versatile defensive player that can get you 10-15 points a night in an efficient manner, but he's not going to be an important part of the offense. It's about time D'Antoni explained that to him. If he insists on shooting foolish shots and/or shots that are outside his range, he must be benched until he learns that 5-10 with a couple of free throws is a much better night than 7-22 with some extra points.

JayJ44

Starter
At the start of the season, I was as high on Chandler as anyone on the planet. I actually thought he had a shot to eventually be an all-star caliber player or close. At this point, I'm not sure he should even be playing much. He can't shoot a 3 pointer to save his life. That in itself is not so horrible, except that he insists on shooting them all the time. He should never shoot a 3 pointer unless the shot clock is about to expire. Having one Qrich on the team is bad enough, we don't need two of them. I've seen enough of this kid. He can be a good versatile defensive player that can get you 10-15 points a night in an efficient manner, but he's not going to be an important part of the offense. It's about time D'Antoni explained that to him. If he insists on shooting foolish shots and/or shots that are outside his range, he must be benched until he learns that 5-10 with a couple of free throws is a much better night than 7-22 with some extra points.

He's basically a rookie, it'll take some time. He takes some bad shots, but it's part of the growing process. It's way too early to say he can't be an important part of the offense. He's shown a lot of promise, you have to be patient with young players like him.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
He's basically a rookie, it'll take some time. He takes some bad shots, but it's part of the growing process. It's way too early to say he can't be an important part of the offense. He's shown a lot of promise, you have to be patient with young players like him.

I realize he's a rookie and we have to be patient, but he doesn't even understand that he's taking terrible shots after the fact. This guy should almost never take a 3 point shot. He stinks at them. It's not that hard to explain that to him. He's losing games for us now with his terrible shot selection. It's not even like he's only taking wide open ones, he's taking contested ones with time still on the clock. He should be benched until it gets through his thick head.

Paul1355

All Star
OKAY

I watched the last quarter and let me tell you that the Knicks will never win a damn game if they keep having Q Brick, Chandler and anyone else missing open easy shots that a child can make. And let Duhon shoot when no one is making anything because he actually scores when we need the shots and he has a better outside shot than most of our team.

AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLAY SOME DEFENSE, THE KNICKS SUCK AT DEFENSE.

Its SIMPLE put a hand up in the guys face, contest the shots, which the Knicks do 1 out of every 10 shots. Don't give them so much room to shoot that it becomes a shooting frenzy for the opposing team. he Knicks never, NEVER give the opposing team defensive pressure. The only guys that play tight D are Nate and Duhon because of their stamina and athleticism allows them to play tight with out loosing a breath.

As of right now

Knicks Defense = F

Q Rich, Chandler shooting= F

Lee's ability to play defense in the post = F

Jeffries actually making an impact= D

Harrington= Needs to improve his shooting % but he is doing okay...B for Harrington

Nate= A so far because if there is any uptempo offense on this team, it is fueled by Nate Robinson. The rest of the team plays half court ball and passes up open mid range shots for the long threes. Absolutely horrible.

JayJ44

Starter
I realize he's a rookie and we have to be patient, but he doesn't even understand that he's taking terrible shots after the fact. This guy should almost never take a 3 point shot. He stinks at them. It's not that hard to explain that to him. He's losing games for us now with his terrible shot selection. It's not even like he's only taking wide open ones, he's taking contested ones with time still on the clock. He should be benched until it gets through his thick head.

He's actually not usually that bad a shooter when he's open. But the whole team takes bad shots. It's a bad habit, but it doesn't mean he's a bad player. We haven't been losing because Chandler has been taking bad shots. We've been losing because our defense sucks.