The official draft Charles Jenkins thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This guy's a bit of a question mark for me. He has great size and is strong. He has range and handles.

But is this game, his game, what we're looking for?

TBH, I've only ever seen very little footage and it's been all highlights.

What else do we know about this guy?

He's projected in the late 20s.

Crazy⑧s;181600 said:
This guy's a bit of a question mark for me. He has great size and is strong. He has range and handles.

But is this game, his game, what we're looking for?

TBH, I've only ever seen very little footage and it's been all highlights.

What else do we know about this guy?

He's projected in the late 20s.
He's a very unselfish player, he just had to score a lot because his teammates weren't really that good. What has impressed me most about him is that he is incredibly efficient and he has a good shot selection. Also that he likes to use his size to his advantage against smaller defenders and has a great basketball IQ. He's also a very physical player and is great at absorbing contact and getting to the free throw line. Impressive assist/turnover ratio and he's a solid defender as well.

Last edited:

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I'd love to buy a late 1st rounder and draft Jenkins.
Hopefully we can grab a 4/5 player at 17 and then draft Jenkins.
I am a bit of a Hofstra homer.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I was just reading an article where it mentions two of the past three drafts Donnie Walsh ended up buying an additional choice from a cash-strapped team. If the Knicks were to buy a pick it would be a point guard or center. Jenkins can play point but would have the same troubles as Douglas does for being to much of a combo guard.

http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-york-knicks/2011/6/17/2229473/nba-draft-2011-rumors-prospects-news

The article also mention trading up as I recently posted on another thread.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I agree that Jenkins is more combo guard than pure point, but I also think he can run the point if asked to. He had to do a lot of scoring at Hofstra because...well...it was Hofstra...how many blue-chip caliber players was he surrounded by? He seems to have more ability to run the point than Douglas does. Kind of like a Monta Ellis...yea Monta is an undersized off-guard, but when Curry is out of the lineup, his assists jump to like 8-9 per game. He actually dished 10+ assists a bunch of times with Curry actually getting his regular minutes. Whereas TD is more of a Ben Gordon or Marcus Thornton....just a small ass shooting guard.

I think we have to take a chance on Jenkins who can learn under a "coach on the floor" type player in Billups, that's only going to be to his advantage. We have to make that move, as long as we take care of our front court depth too.

mafra

Legend
Jenkins, Jackson, Shumpert, Nolan Smith are all options we'll look into if we can procur a late first or early 2nd round pick. Maybe even a big like the kid from FLA (Parsons?).

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Surely in these financial times we should be able to take advantage of Dolan's wallet and the fact that we're the wealthiest franchise in the NBA to buy a pick somewhere, right? It would be cool if we drafted Jenkins as a late-first or early-2nd rounder, and really at this point an early-2nd and a late-1st aren't really THAT far apart

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Surely in these financial times we should be able to take advantage of Dolan's wallet and the fact that we're the wealthiest franchise in the NBA to buy a pick somewhere, right? It would be cool if we drafted Jenkins as a late-first or early-2nd rounder, and really at this point an early-2nd and a late-1st aren't really THAT far apart

I'm pretty sure Jenkins is not making it to the 2nd round, he has enough intrigue and upside that someone will snatch him up in the 20s.

I also think we'll buy an additional pick. We HAVE to get Marshon Brooks, Klay Thompson, or Alec Burks. I like Landry as much as the next guy, but Brooks drops buckets in his sleep, and Klay is getting a lot of love from the national media and the Knicks brass as well. I dunno much about Alec, but apparently he put up good numbers at Colorado last season and he can create his own shot. Plus he has good size and athleticism at 6'6''. One of those three guys has to be a Knick next year (I'd prefer Brooks, but that's just me.)

Then we have to address the backup/trade bait/future PG and our front court depth. If we can get one of those three guys @ 17, buy the Thunder's pick @ 24, or the Mavs pick @ 26, and grab Jenkins. Then go get Chandler Parsons or Jeremy Tyler in the second round...and you have yourself a solid draft. Now the question is....does that happen?