Kobe To Knicks????

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Here is a little more fuel for the fire to burn bringing KOBE to NYK:gony:

I had skim thru the rumors pages and found this little comment from the son of owner Jerry Buss

Here is what it said:

Johnny Buss, the oldest son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, sent a bulletin to friends on his MySpace.com page that contained a peculiar reference to the team's nine-time All-Star Kobe Bryant. "If you've been following the Kobe drama, I want to let you know it's not really drama … sometimes we all need to make a change in our lives and that's all it is," Buss wrote. "Popular or unpopular, when it's time, it's time. Good luck Kobe wherever you go!" A freelance photographer, Johnny Buss is not part of the Lakers' front office and holds no decision-making authority in the day-to-day operations of the franchise. The Lakers have no plans to trade Bryant, who two weeks ago said publicly he would like to be traded.

Posted June 12, by Ben Maller

http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes#144951

Interesting point of view taken from Lakers owner son

Starks

Starter
When did myspace become a credible source??

This Kobe stuff needs to stop, he's not going anywhere people

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
well seems that you doubt

I had happen to find this comment today:

Knicks coach Isiah Thomas has not approached the Lakers yet with a firm offer, though he admitted at Orlando's pre-draft camp he concocted a series of tentative offers. Sources say the Knicks would be atop Kobe Bryant's and Jermaine O'Neal's wish lists.:gony: Bryant has a no-trade clause and can nix any deal. Seattle free agent Rashard Lewis is another top priority for the Knicks in a sign-and-trade July 1. Thomas has said he did not want to use his $5 million mid-level exception. Thomas said he's open to trading his first-round pick - No. 23 - in a package.

Posted June 13, by Ben Maller

http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes

Starks

Starter
Idk, I just don't think you can trade trash for gold. If you were a GM, what would you want from the Knicks do give up the biggest superstar in the NBA?

Steph would have to go, along with Curry and David Lee.

Anything less than that, and its "no sale"

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Kobe being traded is not so unbelievable! Kobe has Basically hijacked the Lakers and while he scores 60 points, the team continues to have loosing seasons. While his name falls under the elite, do we really want him on the Knicks if we could make a trade for him?

not saying I wouldn't want Kobe, but what do we really have that Phil Jackson is going to be able to patch the whole that is going to be left when Bryant leaves. The irony of this all is that all this Kobe Trade talk is going to turn out costing us Jermaine O'neal. Look all Kobe is doing is throwing his weight around to get another Superstar on the roster, and it looks like the same superstar that he lands is the one we all have been coveting since the last game of the Knicks season. So Thanks Kobe !

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Food for thought for those doubters; Here is continued coverage of what will be the greatest move the nyk have ever accomplished next to drafting PATRICK EWING

1) http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...eadlines-sports-nba-lakers&ctrack=1&cset=true

Source: Bryant tells Buss that he wants out
In a meeting in Spain, the Lakers star voices concerns to owner about team's direction.

Meeting of the minds
click to enlarge
Related Stories
- Kobe is the first priority
- Lakers-Pacers talks stall
- Kobe visits his favorite football team ... in Spain
Jerry Buss met with his unhappy $88.6-million employee, Kobe Bryant, for a get-together Friday between owner and superstar in the somewhat surprising setting of Spain.

They had spoken by phone two weeks ago, a few days after Bryant asked to be traded, but this was a longer, more emotional conversation.

Buss wanted to appeal to the nine-time All-Star, reminding him that trades take time to develop and that winning remains the focus of the organization, but Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded, said a source with knowledge of the situation.

"That's the message that came out of it," the source said.

Team sources vehemently insisted there were no plans to trade Bryant, and they were still hopeful that a peaceful solution could be reached. Bryant and Buss are expected to resume their dialogue in the near future.

Bryant's displeasure has grown steadily since the Lakers were eliminated by Phoenix last month in the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers are 121-125 since reaching the NBA Finals in 2004, not including their first-round exits the last two seasons.

Last month, Bryant publicly requested that Jerry West return to the team's front office — an unlikely scenario — and urged General Manager Mitch Kupchak to make trades that would steer the team in a winning direction.

"I'm still frustrated," Bryant said at the time. "I'm waiting for them to make some changes."

The Lakers have contacted numerous teams, but there have not been any blockbuster deals yet — by them or by any other team in the league.

Talks with the Indiana Pacers for six-time All-Star forward-center Jermaine O'Neal have stalled because the Lakers do not want to give up both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum to get O'Neal.

Trade talks around the league are expected to heat up as the June 28 draft approaches and could continue into the free-agent period that begins July 1.

Bryant was vacationing in Spain and stopped by to see a practice session of his favorite soccer team, FC Barcelona, on Thursday. Buss had been in China since leaving the U.S. more than two weeks ago. He planned to travel to London before returning to Los Angeles, although it was unclear whether he went to Spain specifically to talk to Bryant.

"What they talked about and what went on between Kobe and Dr. Buss is private and will remain between the two of them," Lakers spokesman John Black said.

Bryant's agent, Rob Pelinka, did not return calls seeking comment.

Bryant, who will be 29 in August, has four years left on his contract, but he can void it in two years.

The two-time scoring champion, widely acknowledged as the game's most dynamic player, has the NBA's top-selling jersey and is a significant draw at Staples Center. The Lakers are very cognizant of his importance in driving ticket sales, as well as his effect on corporate sponsors.

Buss, who signed off on Bryant's seven-year, $136.4-million contract in July 2004, released a statement two weeks ago in which he said, "We will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone."

2) http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-16_heres_hoping_for_a_winning_offseason.html

Here's hoping for a winning offseason

One shoe would be better than two
The NBA season is over, and the Spurs are the champs.

They are not glitzy, they are not showy. Yes, they can even be a little methodical at times. But they are the champs. And the Knicks aren't. Again.

I am still waiting. And, as I've written before, if you are a Knicks fan of my generation (I'm 41), there is a gaping hole in our fandom. The Knicks have not won a title since we were youngsters. In 1973 I was too young to enjoy the Knicks' last title.

Of course, the offseason for the Knicks officially began with the NBA Draft Lottery last month. Fortunately, the Knicks did not "win" a top-two pick, which would have gone to the Bulls. So the Knicks dodged a p.r. bullet which would have had just about every Knicks fan needing hospitalization and extensive therapy. If Greg Oden or Kevin Durant had gone to Chicago, the Knicks might never have recovered.

But while the Bulls don't get a top-two pick, they still get the Knicks pick (No. 9). And the Knicks get the 23rd pick. If they pick wisely, Isiah Thomas and Co. can get a useful player. Isiah has made some smart draft picks, so we'll see what happens. I would love for the Knicks to get lucky and get an impact player.

So what else can the Knicks do to improve the team? I really don't know. I have to admit, though, that the prospect of Kobe Bryant becoming a Knick intrigues me. Some experts have said that the Knicks have no chance of getting Kobe, while others have said it's a possibility. Since Kobe himself made a trade demand to the Lakers and retracted it the same day, it's hard to know what's going on with him.

From a fan's perspective, there would certainly be many pros and cons to adding Kobe. On the positive side, Kobe would bring a buzz to the Garden that comes with a legit superstar. Considering his enormous talent, he would make the Knicks watchable every single night. He's just 28 years old. And who knows what would happen with Kobe playing for the Knicks in a mediocre Eastern Conference?

However, I do have some concerns. The Knicks would have to give up a lot of young talent if this deal ever happened. Kobe also bring a lot of off-the-court distractions. However, do fans really care about that stuff as long as the player is performing?

I am not deluding myself: I know it's a longshot that Kobe will be coming to New York. But I think I crave what a lot of other Knick fans crave - a legit star running the show. Look at the two teams that just played in the Finals. The Spurs have Tim Duncan, a superstar, and Tony Parker, who is pretty amazing too. The Cavs have LeBron James. What LeBron did with the Cavs did this year was impressive. Despite the sweep, Cavs fans should be incredibly proud of their team this year.

That's the way I want to feel about the Knicks. Hopefully it can happen soon.

This is going to boil over and NYK will be ready to reap the rewards.... WATCH! :gony:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
preach on brother... with kobe's trade override power... i'm willing to bet that he would nix any deal that would gut the team (i.e. getting rid of lee or curry)... maybe the lakers take steph (who i'd hate to see go), frye and malik rose... rose and steph would be for cap relief in summer of 2010 when they can go after bosh, lebron or dwade... remember... lebron has a kicker in his nike deal if he plays in LA or NY too... i think this would work out for LA since they are definately rebuilding (bynum, walton) and waiting 3 years with steph running the show will definately bring them some lottery talent... PLUS... oj mayo comes out next draft... if the lakers land him... they gain cap flexibility, youth (frye) AND a shot at OJ Mayo... all they give up is an unhappy camper who wants to restore the knicks to the promised land... and in the weakened east... the kobe/lee/curry led knicks have a legit shot at the finals...

Last edited by a moderator:

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Here are some comments for the doubters and haters;

As of yesterday no contact had been made between the Knicks and Lakers, but if the Lakers begin the process, the Knicks are prepared to get involved, hoping that Kobe Bryant will force a trade to them. At the same time, the Knicks are acutely aware that teams, players and agents are not above dragging them into the process in order to get better deals elsewhere. Although the Knicks don't have the talent to equal Bryant, they might be able to give up expensive players whose contracts expire within the next two years -- including Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford and Quentin Richardson. By doing that the Lakers could get under the salary cap for 2009, at which point they could go after a marquee free agent such as LeBron James in two years.

Posted June 18, by Ben Maller

http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes

I am doing my part to keep the pot at a boil until KOBE spills out to NYK:gony: