Michael Doleac

rady

Administrator
Staff member
While combo guard Jamal Crawford would be a wonderful free-agent piece with the mid-level exception or a sign-and-trade with Chicago, Isiah is also considering bringing back center Michael Doleac, who hit it off with Stephon Marbury.

The thinking is Isiah can get Doleac with the smaller exception - $1.5 million. Doleac is not a sexy name, not even as sexy as free agent target Antonio McDyess. But the Knicks missed Doleac in the playoffs against the Nets. They had nobody to come off the bench and bang in perimeter jumpers that might've eased the triple teams on Marbury.

"The Knicks are one of three, four teams Michael will definitely consider," his agent Glen Schwartzman said. "He enjoyed playing with Steph. He played his best ball playing with him. There was chemistry. You can't explain it. New York definitely could be the right situation."

http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1130

yes, i know it's just the NY Post, but getting doleac back would be such a great move for this preseason :)

jayp

Benchwarmer
he's a perfect fit for Steph.. we lack perimeter shooters which help spread the floor for other players..

NYK89

Rookie
i know

I know he would be a great addition. when he and steph were together he made a lot of those mid range jumpers that would have werked perfectly against the Nets.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I liked the chemistry they had on the court (Doleac and Marbury). If the Knicks can manage to get him back, it wouldn't hurt. The Knicks still need to make a bigger move before the start of this season.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
doleac is big for us after that playoff series.....perimeter shots is wat we need in that series also they wont triple teammarbury if we had him

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What I liked about Doleac the most as a Knick was his consistency. Who wasn't an All-Star like everyone wished the Knicks had downlow, but he was definetely one of those small piece that are required to bring together a great team and add to the chemistry. Plus who can complain about the price he is going for?????

Eventhough I like Doleac's game, I feel the Knicks should take a shot at getting some of the big names before even thinking about signing him.

From what I can predict, the Knicks are definetely trading Kurt Thomas this offseason, as my number choice Jamison was already taken, who do you guys think the Knicks should trade Kurt for? Remember that Kurt is a big part of the heart of the Knicks and a big chunk of the Defense (eventhough crappy) that we are playing.

kevin

Benchwarmer
This isnt true Doleac is one of the most unselfish players I remember so many times he passed up a lot of shots to look for open men. The reason he shoots so much is because the knicks always try to free him up because he is one of the best big men shooters in the league and theres no problem shooting when you have the open shot.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Since the Knicks don't have any money to spend. The only thing we could offer Doleac is the million dollar exception which probably won't be enough since at the current time Doleac's agent stated there are about 11 teams trying to get him.