Trying to do too much???

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Just read this piece...I don't like having to take on Golden State's trash...

WILL THOMAS MAKE TOO MANY MOVES?
Golden State and New York have re-opened negotiations to bring Erick Dampier to New York in a sing and trade scenario. According to the New York Post Warriors general manager Chris Mullin has informed Isiah Thomas that he wants Evan Eschmeyer to be included in any sign and trade deal involving Dampier. The problem the Knicks have with taking on Eschmeyer is that he has three years and $10.2 million remaining on his contract. Add the fact that his knees are so bad he may never play again to a bloated contract and Eschmeyer becomes a huge risk for the Knicks to take on. A healthy Eschemeyer wouldn’t be worth that kind of coin, and a hobbled bench player who would be sitting on a suit on the Knicks sidelines for the next three years is something that must scare Thomas. Add to this situation that the Warriors would want Kurts Thomas and Nazr Mohammed in exchange for Dampier and one has to wonder if Thomas is giving up too much this summer. All of the hard work that Thomas put in this past month seems to be coming to fruition, but the question most Knicks fans must be asking is if these deals are worth it. The Knicks have added Crawford to the roster but they are already paying too much to Allan Houston who plays the same position as Crawford. If Houston is healthy it’s possible that the Knicks just payed $55 million to a player who will be the team’s sixth man while giving up future salary cap flexibility to sign free agents. Ouch. If I were Dampier I would take a longer look at signing with the Hawks. A front line of Al Harrington, Antoine Walker and Dampier is an impressive starting core for an Eastern Conference team. Considering that Atlanta is the only team willing to offer Dampier $9 million per season and the Hawks begin to look like the front runners for Dampier’s services. [/b][/color]

e_D

Benchwarmer
I was thinking maybe alot of GMs are trying to take advantage of Isiah. They know Dolan has the money, they know we are over the cap already, so with any perspective deal they want our expiring contracts, and expect us to take dead weight contracts. I honestly dont know if it's worth it sometimes. At least in the Crawford deal we're getting Jerome Williams who can actually play, and plays with energy. But Eschemeyer, who may never play again? That's not right.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
it seems to hard to get dampier.
Finally,maybe mohamed is a better solution... youger and can develop not too over paid....

but dampier will make us a really good contender...

don't know what to do. Let's see what isiah will do. he is the man !

if the knicks do the dampire thing, they will be putting all there money on one horse again. killing us with to many over blown contracts.
why is newyork, why cant people just wait till we get rid of these stupid contracts, and wait 2 years for a great player. everybody wants to play in newyork everybody, but the knicks don't ever have the money, cause of stupid moves. like paying shandon anderson, and allan houston all that money.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Newyorker in cali said:
why is newyork, why cant people just wait till we get rid of these stupid contracts, and wait 2 years for a great player. everybody wants to play in newyork everybody.

people cant wait, because it's NY, the better the faster the stronger, they want all, NOW. they are right but i think isiah should have taken the time to re build when he was named GM of the knicks, but he chose the other options, and continu to push with big deal (like stephon). We had Mc Dyess which was an expiring contract, and Lampe that we could have developped, but he choose to rebuild NOW, so we take stephon's contract and penny too ! It's a choice, it brings an all star to NY, but, it's not the best way to stop the cap probleme. I don't say that's a bad or good choice, it's just a way, the way we are in now, so lets play right ahead in this direction.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The Warrior can take the Dampier deal and shove it somewhere, If we have Crawford its already a big plus for the Knicks. No need to get greedy and push for Dampier too. Would be giving up Kurt Thomas, Mohammed and bringing in two more huge contracts that would screw the Knicks for years and years to come. I say sit tight and develop Sweetney, maybe he will get so nice that we can use him to trade for a real big man that will make a difference like Dampier would without screwing us over.

na weee need dampier w ehave big rebound problem and he was 4th in nba lst season soo yeaaa.. ply now he saids hel do a 1 year mid level contract.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
That's not reality if you ask me. No way a guy at his age is going to risk playing a year for the Knicks for a mid level exception and risk getting injured instead of taking a multi year deal of over 8 million a year. That will take care of him and his family for the rest of their lives. Dude is not going to risk his future over a dream of playing for the Knicks just like Rasheed Wallace. NOW... if the Knicks can get a sign and trade deal to actually work with the Warriors without us getting totally screwed over so that the Knicks are able to pay Dampier what he wants, thats the only possibility if you ask me.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i dont know about you guys but i dont want nazr as my center next season. i say take what we can get our hands on and if dampier is the only thing we can get i say go for it.

yeaa i no i no Isiah is out god u should be happy hes doin al this and hes almost puling it off to hes relay close wit crawford and dampier and if he would enva came last season and get strabury no 1 owuld wana come to NY wit a messed up team

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks get Damp with the MLE great
But, if they gave up Nazr and KT for him...we would have a risky frontcourt...lots of injury prone players...Unless they can get him with the MLE or only give up one "player" they should go at it with what they have for the year

JJtheKnick

Starter
i really dont want to trade kurt. he is such a good player for this team. but if it means geting dampier i say do it. dont forget we got sweetney and baker on the bench.