NBA Live 08 or NBA 2K8?

• Live 08

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 2K8

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Both or which or if any of these video games are you getting?

I had the NBA Live series since 2004-2007 but I think 2k8 should be good too, can anyone give me advice on which is better. I played 2k7 and it was more realistic then NBA live 07, I liked it more on the playing touch too. I got the 360 which of these games you recommend, and which are you getting?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
2K8 because it's more realistic and you can change the sliders to your difficulty. Besides...Live has the arcade feel and I never liked Live since 2000.

nyKnicks126

Its coming out the same day as live! Thanks metro you helped me out big time. They rated the knicks at 30 out of 30 teams in the association mode...... Knicks: 62 rating.....

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Check it, Player ratings for 2k8 David Lee is a 81...Z Bo 87, Marbury 80. Curry 80.

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/8a25090115182c4a011519c6c74a0c45

Why in the association league are we a 62 rating?

Overrated/Underrated: I know it's just one point, but Pau Gasol being rated higher than Carlos Boozer is terrible. Gasol disappears in the clutch, and if you need to be reminded of this (it's not like the Grizzlies have played any big games lately), watch the tape of Spain losing to Russia this week. Another name that pops out to me is David Lee at 81. Is it me or are the Knicks infinitely better every time that kid gets in the game?

Mantovani

Rookie
I will get Live 08 - I think after playing both demos it is the better game. Dynasty mode should be interesting with our current squad !

metrocard

Legend
Check it, Player ratings for 2k8 David Lee is a 81...Z Bo 87, Marbury 80. Curry 80.

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/8a25090115182c4a011519c6c74a0c45

Why in the association league are we a 62 rating?

They underrated Balkman, Collins, and our other young players. They got like really low 70's. I'm going to edit it anyway.

100_2042.jpg

Knicks Ratings:
Overall:62
Offense:79
Defense:55

Stephon:80
Jamal:79
Nate:74
Q-Rich:76
Randolph:87
Lee:81
Balkman:70
Chandler:71
Jones:72
Rose:68
Collins:67
Dickau:73
James:60

Honestly these should be the ratings(well im going to edit them and change it to these for the most realstic association mode).

Marbury - 85(Improved defense/shooting)
Crawford - 77
Richardson - 78
Lee - 80
Randolph - 87
Curry - 79
Balkman - 76
Collins - 74
Robinson - 74
Chandler - 71
Jones - 70
Dickua - 68
Rose:66
James - 62

Even though Knicks are rated low in NBA 2k8, they make the playoffs when you stimulate it.

The West

1. Suns
2. Mavericks
3. Nuggets
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Spurs
7. Clippers
8. Kings

The East

1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Bulls
4. Wizards
5. Heat
6. Knicks
7. Magic
8. Nets

The Awards

MVP: LeBron James
Rookie of the Year: Kevin Durant
Sixth Man: Raymond Felton
Defensive Player: Shawn Marion
Most Improved: Carlos Arroyo

Looks like I'll have a tough match-up in the first round against Yao and the Rockets. McGrady is awesome in the game and it will be up to Stephen Jackson to stop him.

Check back later this week for Part 3, as we head into the playoffs and explore the free agent market. Is it time for Gilbert to come back home?

Team Ratings don't mean anything really. If the guys who clog the most minutes have high ratings, expect a good season. Randolph, Curry, Lee, Marbury all have pretty good ratings. So Knicks aren't a weak team to use in NBA 2k8.

Check out the rest of that article.

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/8a250901153c75cb01153ec78c1333cd
Past basketball games seemed to be all about the lineup you control, but I have just as much fun playing against each team because they play so differently with the unique animations and signature styles.

Live is a waste of money, I know hating on Live is played out; but seriously when I buy a video game to play basketball on my ps2, I want to see basketball, not something like Live. Get 2k8, trust me you won't regret it. I use to buy NBA Live every year till I got 2k5.

100_2036.jpg

100_2037.jpg

100_2045.jpg

100_2046.jpg

Last edited:

kaos1

Rookie
my issue with 2k8 is the knicks home... its called "knicks arena" i was hoping that they would get MSG in 2k8 atleast.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
2k8. NBA Live is for Isiahsexuals.

lol, This one I dont understand but it got me crackin up. I agree that Live is garbage but how does it relate to Isiahsexuals? Oh, I see, they both garbage!!!!

Damn I gotta get a PS3 or XBox 360 cuz Marbury looks real in that pic. I still got a PS2. I gotta stop bein cheap.

lol, This one I dont understand but it got me crackin up. I agree that Live is garbage but how does it relate to Isiahsexuals? Oh, I see, they both garbage!!!!

Damn I gotta get a PS3 or XBox 360 cuz Marbury looks real in that pic. I still got a PS2. I gotta stop bein cheap.
yeah man!! ps2! im not the only one! lol yeah i got live for ps2 and the celtics are the worst rated team in the game-75, along with the warriors-75.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Just wanted to ask you guys who play 2k8 on Xbox360:
Sometimes there occurs this error "cannot read disc", anyone else having this problem too?
I just wonder if it's because of the game, or if its a harddrive or dvd-player problem...?

nyKnicks126

lol. Pedro, I had the same problem. I still had a store warranty on the 360. So I returned it and got a cash refund, and bought a Ps3. The 360 scarches the inter disk, thats why it can't read it. Mircosoft..I had 3 different 360s. in a lil under a month.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Thanks for the answer...I'm not sure, if the 2 year warranty has runned out yet, but I'm going to check this out.
I guess I would switch to the ps3 too, the time my xbox has broke down.

Paul1355

All Star
nba 2k8 was very addicting even though its harder to play defense and sometimes its would be bullshit but NBA LIVE? nope sorry come back again next year becuase the graphics haven't blown me away as in 2k8 its jsut tat 2k8 looks more like your watching a basketball game when ur actually playing it were live is just a game trying to be better than wut it is.