Braylon Edwards Or Anquan Boldin To Giants?

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Giants to stand pat with D-Line surplus?

In spite of two juicy rumors circulating this week concerning the New York Giants trading some of their surplus defensive line talent, general manager Jerry Reese reiterated his stance to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News that the team will probably hold on to all seven starter-caliber players heading into 2009. Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports on a rumor that has circulated regarding the Cleveland Browns trading wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the Giants for pass-rusher Mathias Kiwanuka.
Another rumor that has floated in some circles would involve the Arizona Cardinals sending Anquan Boldin to the Giants for Kiwanuka or a second-round pick plus defensive tackle Jay Alford.
In both cases, the Giants would be trading from a position of strength in order to address what many consider to be the team's glaring weakness: namely, a dominating wide receiver option to supplant Plaxico Burress, whose prospects for 2009 are uncertain at best. Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle John Thornton has opined on his blog that the Giants are likely to make a move using one of these pieces.
Addressing these rumors and the questions that have arisen as to why the Giants are attempting to corner the market on D-Line talent, Reese told Vacchiano, "One thing I learned from Ernie Accorsi is you've got to have some big guys up front to get after the quarterback. Right now we have seven guys we think can start with anybody. You never say never in personnel, but we want our front to be strong. I anticipate all those guys being ready to go when we kick it off in the fall."

- This is from ESPN Insider

thoughts? I would love Boldin For a Second rounder and Jay Alford, We have two Second round picks this year! It would be like getting Boldin for nothing! I BELIEVE IN YOU JERRY REESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

th3realicon

Rotation player
Considering how good Reese is in drafting players even a second rounder would be giving up too much although it is Q we are talking about. :D I would not part ways with Kiwi under no circumstances. He is one of my favorite Giants and i thought he was our defensive MVP last season especially when Osi went down and out for the season. Edwards is OK on my book but honestly i would rather bet on a draft pick.

Also i read that Reese is willing to embrace the idea of having Plax back. I mean i thought Plax had to be released but after we went one and done in the play offs because our passing game was horrible. I mean we stopped Westbrook and still managed to loose to the Eagles. That is how bad our receiving game was.

My ideal would be: Keep Kiwi, give Plaxico a second shot (Although the world of choisse should be chance isntead of shot here lol), trade that second pick and Alford for Bolquin. Draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th round (Our first round pick should be the best player available at the time no matter what the position he plays that way we don't have Reese have his options limited) That way if Plax doesn't pan out we have Bolquin and a 3rd or 4th round pick to go along with Kevin Boss who should have a break out year.

If all we have to give up for Braylon is Kiwi and a pick then I'd to it in a heartbeat! Same with the Boldin trade. There's no bad option. I really really really hope one of these gets done.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
O and i know you are going to slam me over this but i would also see if i can get anything worth for Amani Toomer. A late round pick would be nice since he also clearly stated that his NY time is running out.
Hes a free agent, Not with us anymore. I'm not gonna slam you! hahaha

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Now that Housh has signed with Seattle, I'd like to see Boldin in NY with Plaxico, it would be 2 lethal weapons that would destroy every defense, because they would have to pay very attention to both, and then, guys like Boss or Smith would have a big contribution to the team.
I'm really excited with the upcoming season!!
Go Giants!